Doug Baldwin Kickoff Return

cacksman

Reaction score
getnasty":2tg8r8zv said:
Even when/if Percy gets healthy he wont be returning kicks everytime. I think Pete is on record saying if they need a big return in a big situation, thats when you'll see him back there.

What makes you think that? If Harvin is returning kicks at all, he'll be doing it full time. just the threat of having him back there is enough for teams to pooch kick, or kick out of bounds and save a ton of field position.

formido

Reaction score
cacksman":3n1m88ox said:
getnasty":3n1m88ox said:
Even when/if Percy gets healthy he wont be returning kicks everytime. I think Pete is on record saying if they need a big return in a big situation, thats when you'll see him back there.

What makes you think that? If Harvin is returning kicks at all, he'll be doing it full time. just the threat of having him back there is enough for teams to pooch kick, or kick out of bounds and save a ton of field position.

Yep, hadn't heard him say that either. Tate does punt returns, Harvin will do kick-ffs: I think the injury explanation is lame. Besides, Baldwin took kick-offs yesterday and that's after Tate was hurt, too.

Fact is, our kick-off return game has been a huge weakness this year and field position matters. We need to adjust the dial on our risk/reward calculations for kick-offs.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Sturm":1ds268p7 said:
Dougie Fresh should be the one back there. The announcer said they took away his kickoff return duties because he's playing more WR now. Which makes no sense because Pete is going to put Harvin back there when he's healthy, so why not have Baldwin back there now??
"He is playing more WR now". He is a WR.

Doug Baldwin or Christine should be returning, and guarantee DB will be returning against the Rams.