Former Seahawk John Moffitt feels for Brandon Browner

vanhawk

Reaction score
I love this man!:
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=2417865

"Moffitt says based on his observation in the locker room, at least 50 percent of players use marijuana, and he wouldn't be surprised if that number was much higher. "

Time for the people in denial to face it. Marijuana use is through the roof in professional sports. If you don't think so -- you're only fooling yourself. It's time for them to update their backwards rules and let players use it during off practice/playing hours.

Browner smokes marijuana and gets suspended yet hundreds of players get charged with DUI and play the next day. What is wrong here?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Could have simply posted this in either Browner thread, no?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I do agree with the point about alcohol. I don't get why NFL players are allowed to drink when so many of them have problems with DUIs, getting in drunk fights, etc...

Marijuana is hurting far less people and to top it off, it is just as legal in Washington as alcohol to begin with!

Axx

Reaction score
KK84":bgdpdgbf said:
H4WKSF4N":bgdpdgbf said:
E.C. Laloosh":bgdpdgbf said:
Could have simply posted this in either Browner thread, no?

Didn't know you were a moderator?

Do you have to be a mod to make a suggestion?

Stop pretending to be a mod

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
well that explains why wilson looks so stone cold out there. always thought he just had ice in his veins, turns out he probably just eats so many pre game brownies he doesnt even know hes on tv. Imagine this place if russel got caught with a 4 game suspension. lol

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":34dns8tg said:
I do agree with the point about alcohol. I don't get why NFL players are allowed to drink when so many of them have problems with DUIs, getting in drunk fights, etc...

Marijuana is hurting far less people and to top it off, it is just as legal in Washington as alcohol to begin with!

I agree too, but it's probably cause alcohol is legal and marijuana is illegal on a national level.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I like Moffitt. I agree with him and the OP and I'm glad this is it's own thread because I'm not reading through that other goddam monstrosity.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
These dudes are smokin and drinkin. Football players, basketball players, baseball players, golfers, tennis players, chess players. It's time for us to get past this crap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1bfcct6z said:
Omg. Thanks for throwing half the Seattle Seahawks under the team bus, Moffit! Lol.

It's those mile high Denver Broncos. Peyton is taking the guys out for some fun after practice.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":22sezaac said:
These dudes are smokin and drinkin. Football players, basketball players, baseball players, golfers, tennis players, chess players. It's time for us to get past this crap.

Agree.

And imho these guys are mostly using pot medicinally versus as recreation.

The amount of abuse they put their bodies through, the training, the stress..... pot seems like it would really help these guys in pain/stress management in a far healthier way than pills/alcohol.

But whatever, the NFL isn't alone in their antiquated views on this.

Rocket

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":lx4ulewm said:
I like Moffitt. I agree with him and the OP and I'm glad this is it's own thread because I'm not reading through that other goddam monstrosity.
Yeah. What Zebbie said.

dunceface

Reaction score
I smoke 50% of the amount of weed that an average football player smokes and probably more

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Crap! The NFL's case against Browner is solid after someone snapped this pic of him before coming into practice one day:

Huge joint 11184

ivotuk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1hizdd6q said:

Hear hear! I like you Zeb, always so on it. Appreciate it sir.

I think it's B.S. that the NFL is allowed to test for cannabis. Couldn't the union have done something useful during the negotiations and got that booted out? DeMaurice Smith failed.

Love moffitt, hope he becomes a radio host.