Time/Date of our first playoff game if #1 seed?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Anyone know if it will be on the Saturday night or Sunday night?

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
I posted this in the NFC Championship gametime thread.

Mitch was going over the playoff/network situations. It appears that Fox has the Saturday night 5pm game and the Sunday 10am game for the divisional round. We'd play on Saturday 1/11 at 5pm, as the other game will either be played in CAR or NO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mitch came back on and made it sound like he was mistaken, and we would be playing at 1:30 on either Saturday or Sunday. It's all him guessing anyway. I really hope it's Saturday, much better to get that extra day off before NFC Championship. Not to mention, being able to get up on Sunday and watch the other games and see who we're playing the next week. Would make for a very cool Sunday to already have the NFC Title game under our belts.

JonRud

Reaction score
Agree I would like to play Saturday. Give the other team one less to day to rest & prepare for us after they play wildcard weekend.

plus it's easier to drink during the game and afterwards in celebration if you don't have to work the next day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was really hoping for a night game on Saturday. But, I'll take 1:30 on Saturday too. Get the win, and have the late games to watch AND all of Sunday to chill.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
JonRud":7itresq7 said:
Agree I would like to play Saturday. Give the other team one less to day to rest & prepare for us after they play wildcard weekend.

plus it's easier to drink during the game and afterwards in celebration if you don't have to work the next day.

Good point on all fronts!

One less day for the Wild Card winner, and one more day rest for the Hawks than the other Div round winner going into the Conf Championship.

Riley12

Reaction score
What do mean "our", ImTheScientist? I thought you were a Niner troll.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
JonRud":1u7egi2p said:

I like this thought for a number of reasons, including:
1. Giving the "other team" less preparation for a cross-country (most likely) flight and giving the Hawks an extra day of rest (hopefully)
2. It's easier to drink during the game not having to worry about work.
3. After a win, and #2 above, allows for getting pasted in a celebratory fashion amid frivolity and other mischievous activities that come with such.

:snack:

Greenhell

Reaction score
JonRud":15bz5swz said:

This. :thirishdrinkers:

carlwain74

Reaction score
We are talking about the divisional on the 11/12th right. I really hope we play on the Saturday as I have so many other things to do on Sunday.. What is all this "if" business! We will be #1 seed come the 29th Dec, I can feel it in my bones..

Hawkboi

Reaction score
carlwain74":1rto5xke said:
We are talking about the divisional on the 11/12th right. I really hope we play on the Saturday as I have so many other things to do on Sunday.. What is all this "if" business! We will be #1 seed come the 29th Dec, I can feel it in my bones..

We'll be the #1 seed come December 22, if my calculations are right.... Of course we have to win and San Fransico needs to lose... Book it!!!

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Hawkboi":264h5fb1 said:
We'll be the #1 seed come December 22, if my calculations are right.... Of course we have to win and San Fransico needs to lose... Book it!!!

Actually we need the Seahawks to win to become #1 seed on Sunday. This week we need the Seahawks to win or 49ers loss, but the 9ers play on Monday

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I seem to recall Sunday playoff games starting later, like 3:30 PST.