SUPERBOWL THOUGHT if we make it.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
We pitched a shut out there. against THEIR team.. the superbowl will be 50/50 fans :)
SEA......
HAWKS.....
SEA.....
HAWKS.....

Seafan

Reaction score
And it won't be at 10:00 am and it will be against a team that the Hawks will have to be ready to play their very best to beat.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Does anyone in the AFC actually scare anyone? Honestly, potentially having to beat Carolina AND SF to make would be the biggest hurdle after watching Denver, New England, and other contenders in the AFC. Our 2 playoff games, IMO, would be a little more "scary". But they will most likely be at home so................ :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Best thing about being in the NFC this year: we get to play them all at home in the playoffs so we face a weaker AFC opponent on the road in the Super Bowl.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Minne":13jo11dw said:
Can you honestly say your not scared of denver?
Uh, yeah, I can. I'm not saying we are a lock to beat them in the Super Bowl or anything, but I am absolutely not scared of Denver. Look at their offense when playing a decent defense that doesn't just fall apart at the thought of Peyton Manning being the guy behind the center. How about the game where an average Patriots defense held the Broncos scoreless while the Patriots offense racked up 31 unanswered points?

Perhaps you can explain why you're scared of Denver?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, not scared of Denver. Their defense is pretty average on the whole. Their offense is good, but the best part of it, the passing offense, matches up really well against our strength, our pass rush and our defensive backs. It will also be cold and possibly wet which will make the passing game harder, which plays to our strength, the running game.

I should qualify that I think SF or Carolina would be a much tougher test in a Super Bowl, but we don't have to play them on a neutral field... for all the marbles... we play them at home... it's a totally different thing. The 12th man will not allow our team to lose a playoff game at home.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not scared of Denver in February in the LEAST.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I'm thinking Denver is going to lose in the playoffs and not even make it there anyway. No team in the AFC is all that scary to me. There is no complete team over there. The teams that can score, lack defense. Our D will be able to keep them in check, and they will not be able to stop us. i agree that the playoff games against NFC opponents are going to be the toughest games. But they are at home, so should be no problem. Really liking our chances right now.

THE TABS

Reaction score
With our defense, I'm not afraid of Denver at all. Blitz double A-gap all day long, and that will keep their offense in check.

I'd rather face them than New England, for the Belichick factor alone.

Reaction score
I'd be worried if it's Indianapolis. Luck was pretty money against us though we got several pressures on him. Plus, a qb like him or manning can eat our D for lunch if the game is called really ticky-tack.