Bill Leavy??

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Haven't seen the game but I believe the final stat line showed 8 flags for 50 yards? Not bad. I know the team played great which can mitigate officials mistakes. Did his crew call a good game? That would be awesome if so. It would be nice if we only have to worry about Carey.

Awesome game!! Go Hawks!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
His crew called a very good game. The worst call was probably a weird false start against Eli Manning.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought he was excellent today. I feel he called the game fairly even though I know he still harbors a lot of guilt over his officiating in SBXL* which is on the record.

OP
OP
Timberhawk

Timberhawk

Reaction score
That's great to hear. I know 8 is still a lot but the total yards makes it look like it was a lot of little things. Hopefully no big personal fouls, PI etc. all I want as a fan is cleanly officiated games that are fair. Also, hoping we play with the same intensity and smart.

plyka

Reaction score
I'm starting a new club, Leavy for reffing the superbowl!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Most of Seattle's penalties were procedural, false starts & offsides. Only ticky-tack call was in our favor (the false start on Eli).

Cartire

Reaction score
plyka":iye7eivx said:

Whoa whoa whoa.

He was great today. The whole crew. Never felt like the game was dictated by the flags, and all the calls were legit both ways.

But let's not vindicate him just yet.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Leavy is not on out side per say but he isn't against us . And absolutely won't call anything iffy against Seattle anymore

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
until he f's our opponent in a Super Bowl he is dead to me, and I wouldn't give up a chance to square up a kick to his nuts!

Will I

Reaction score
The 15 yarder on Kam was a bad call IMO. Almost cost the d their shutout. Otherwise I was ok with the officiating today.

James in PA

Reaction score
plyka":3re62cs3 said:
Let's not get carried away now. Him and his crew cost us a Superbowl win. I know there are people, even Hawks fans, who will say if the Hawks would have played better, they would have overcome it and won XL. Whatever helps you sleep better at night I guess. But the truth is him and his crew got caught up in that sickening home game lovefest for the Stealers. No conspiracy. Just human nature to get caught up in that garbage. That said, I never want that guy officiating a Seahawks postseason game ever again.

SEAHAWG

Reaction score
If he needed me to step in to save his life, he would die.

HawkHack

Reaction score
I have no issues whatsoever with the officiating this game. The calls that were made were legit (except for maybe the Chancellor hit, but that's just reality in the NFL now) and the replay calls seemed correct.

I, for one, am willing to forgive and forget. Leavy's crew did a nice job this game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Timberhawk":nl9oshgx said:
Haven't seen the game but I believe the final stat line showed 8 flags for 50 yards? Not bad. I know the team played great which can mitigate officials mistakes. Did his crew call a good game? That would be awesome if so. It would be nice if we only have to worry about Carey.

Awesome game!! Go Hawks!!

Carey is the worst but Triplette isn't far behind. Fair to say a person has to be worried about significant gaffes if either of them are on a game.

(And obviously major gaffes happen with other officiating crews too, they're all human and it's unavoidable, but I'm mostly at Carey/Triplette being the last people I ever want to see.)

strohmin

Reaction score
Don't take the bait. That ***hole is just trying to be picked to ref the superbowl again just so he can screw us over then.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Don't worry, the NFL won't let Leavy come within 500 miles of the Super Bowl if we're going to be in it. They're not that stupid. The last thing they want is to conjure up images of XL, which will be a front and center issue even without Leavy there. You put him in there and that's all they'll talk about.

I thought it was a very well called game, too. Great challenge by Pete on that incomplete pass.

Latest posts