Refs illegaly allowed Gore on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainger

Reaction score
The refs should have done their job and told Gore to get off the field. He was illegal. This was in the 4th Quarter. Look carefully at this picture.
131207 gore preview 660

He has no knee pads. According to the NFL they were going to demand that players leave the field if they came into the game without knee pads.

Now don't all jump on me by drawing some long bow that I am saying this is why we lost, I am not. But the refs should have done their job and asked him to leave the field.

Polaris

Reaction score
We had a bad crew all around. The general quality of the officiating was simply bad (and yes on both sides).

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Polaris":hfb1ccv0 said:
We had a bad crew all around. The general quality of the officiating was simply bad (and yes on both sides).

Its the worst crew of the year, they have messed up multiple games.

You know it's bad when webzone is complaining about the officiating crew before the game even starts.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Gore doesn't wear knee pads ever, a simple google image search will confirm this.

Neither does Adrian Peterson, a lot of RB's dont.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Throwdown":zkh2zt1v said:
Gore doesn't wear knee pads ever, a simple google image search will confirm this.

Neither does Adrian Peterson, a lot of RB's dont.
Yes but a rule change this year made them mandatory.

The NFL stated that the refs were instructed to remove the player from the field and not let them back on the field until they had put in knee pads.

kidhawk

Reaction score
With the amount of players who don't like to wear knee/thigh pads, and the lack of news of fines for these offenses, one would tend to think that some kind of deal was made with the union to either delay implementation or something else to make it not mandatory right now.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It's more for his protection than anyone elses, so if he doesn't want to do it, then what ever even though I also would recommenced him to. I understand it's in the rules, but it's one of those meh rules, and the rule doesn't really affect anyone aside from the person breaking it.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I thought they just got fined for uniform violations, but I'm sure his lack of knee pads made him capable of such a quick cut back on his long run…sarcasm off

kidhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":17lpi03q said:
It's more for his protection than anyone elses, so if he doesn't want to do it, then what ever even though I also would recommenced him to. I understand it's in the rules, but it's one of those meh rules, and the rule doesn't really affect anyone aside from the person breaking it.

Helmet rules are there to protect the player wearing it as well. Actually wearing a helmet can do more harm to other players than not wearing one, but it's also mandatory. The fact is, some parts of the safety equipment are mandated. You don't see players trying to play without their helmets nowadays and if this rule is truly in affect, you will see it become commonplace as soon as they begin enforcing it.

It's quite possible that the rule is in place but the league opted to give the players an extra year to get used to it before implementing punishments. I don't know because all the articles I can find on this issue just speak to the fact that the rule was added and that the Players Association didn't like it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":1me1lkmz said:
The refs should have done their job and told Gore to get off the field. He was illegal. This was in the 4th Quarter. Look carefully at this picture.

He has no knee pads. According to the NFL they were going to demand that players leave the field if they came into the game without knee pads.

Now don't all jump on me by drawing some long bow that I am saying this is why we lost, I am not. But the refs should have done their job and asked him to leave the field.

Are you kidding me right now?

We lost. Let it go.

jman316

Reaction score
Not wearing a seat belt only serves to add potential to injury, but they'll give you a ticket if you don't wear one.
I didn't know this was a rule, but if that's how we need to win a game (getting players off the field for uniform violations) then something's gone terribly wrong.

And c'mon, everyone knows we're not pu$$ies up here in the PNW, we're just crazed, barbaric lunatics as portrayed by the doctor of craptastic, overpriced headphones.

Now, can I do it too??

/end thread
:sarcasm_off:

13thMan

Reaction score
Polaris":25cutm1r said:

I couldn't agree more.

Officiating in general has taken a few steps back this season... It's a shame. C'mon Roger, get it cleaned up!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Take a break from football for a couple days, Rainger. I'm not being a smart ass either, you seem really stressed about the game.

muxpux

Reaction score
withought looking it up i was under the impression it wasnt knee pads but thigh pads, since a lot of players were basically just wearing bike shorts. not many players pants go low enough to even have a pad around the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.