Can't shake this loss

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Usually I am able to kinda get over a loss to extent where people can actually talk to me and I don't blow a gasket. However, after today's game, I just cannot get over the fact that we lost this game and have just a terrible feeling that this this, along with KJ going down is gonna lead to a very tough stretch for our Hawks. I mean, although they lost today, the Giants and Rams have been playing pretty well of late and the Cards are a playoff caliber team. Many of you did not think that a loss today would hurt us too much, the way I looked at it, is that this was a must win and now things look a lot tougher for us. Uh, I hate losing!

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Interestingly, I have sorta the opposite feeling. I'm usually very bummed after a Hawks loss, but I was much more calm than expected heading into this week.

Honestly, a 2-point loss on the road against a good playoff team doesn't worry me. Any team in the NFC would still trade places with the Hawks today. We're in great position to secure homefield. In three weeks this loss will be nothing but a blip on the radar of a super-bowl season.

sutz

Reaction score
Cards, OK, but Giants and Rams? :187734:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I think a good solid loss will grant us another 7 win win streak kGO

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":s9cbbsc3 said:
Interestingly, I have sorta the opposite feeling. I'm usually very bummed after a Hawks loss, but I was much more calm than expected heading into this week.

Honestly, a 2-point loss on the road against a good playoff team doesn't worry me. Any team in the NFC would still trade places with the Hawks today. We're in great position to secure homefield. In three weeks this loss will be nothing but a blip on the radar of a super-bowl season.

I agree with ya. SF is a good team, esp at home. I was never one of the fans that expected a blowout. Would have been a nice surprise, but not expected. They needed this game more, and it showed on the field. They seemed to make the plays when they needed. We only need to win home games to get to the SB, I'm not that worried. Although losing wright is a bummer. Next man up as they say.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":375qm6v4 said:

Im with you on this, this was the first game ever I didn't care that we were losing or that we eventually lost, I mean I cared but it doesn't effect things too much. Seattle is still the best team in the NFC.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Even as poorly as we played, we were in it until the Gore run. We've won more of these than we've lost, Blitzer, but I do feel your anguish. We just didn't have the magic today but I have no doubt it will return. I'm not the most cosmic or spirtitual mother%&^$#@ in the world, but I do believe something good will come from today's defeat. I was in your shoes immediately following the game. It was taxing on top of not getting any sleep. I closed my eyes with the score Carolina 6 - N.O. 0 next thing I know...it's 21-6 N.O. That sleep helped. Maybe try that.

We will be back and I'd hate to be in our way.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25tnini2 said:
Usually I am able to kinda get over a loss to extent where people can actually talk to me and I don't blow a gasket. However, after today's game, I just cannot get over the fact that we lost this game and have just a terrible feeling that this this, along with KJ going down is gonna lead to a very tough stretch for our Hawks. I mean, although they lost today, the Giants and Rams have been playing pretty well of late and the Cards are a playoff caliber team. Many of you did not think that a loss today would hurt us too much, the way I looked at it, is that this was a must win and now things look a lot tougher for us. Uh, I hate losing!

Can't feel you on this. This team is 11-2, and it's psyching yourself out to imagine that a game like this is a 'must win' to prevent catastrophe. The last time the 'Hawks lost, they responded by getting stronger and winning 7 in a row. I see no reason why they won't do the same thing this time. I also see no reason why losing KJ Wright is any more catastrophic than the injuries we've overcome the rest of the year.

I have absolute faith that we'll win next week, and this will feel reactionary in hindsight. Chin up, Blitz.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Does this game really matter that much? Yeah, it'd have been fantastic to have it, but it's no changing Seattle's bid for HFA. Still a 2 game lead with 3 to go, and awful Giants team on the horizon, then a Cards team that got beat by 12 on the road.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer,
How many threads are you going to say that the Giants and Rams have been playing well in? They've both lost 2 of 3 and both got completely blown out today.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Blitzer88":smosfmjf said:
Usually I am able to kinda get over a loss to extent where people can actually talk to me and I don't blow a gasket.

I haven't been around here too long and don't want to overstep any bounds or anything... but aren't you kind of known to freak out about things? I feel like you even admitted this about yourself some time ago.

Lost to a top 5 team on the road after a short week. Could have gone either way. Came down to a play or two and some spotty officiating. Ultimately, it hit the Vegas spread almost exactly.

Seahawks still have a comfortable cushion. Nothing to fret about.

jkitsune

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1cowzcb4 said:
Blitzer88":1cowzcb4 said:
Usually I am able to kinda get over a loss to extent where people can actually talk to me and I don't blow a gasket.

I haven't been around here too long and don't want to overstep any bounds or anything... but aren't you kind of known to freak out about things? I feel like you even admitted this about yourself some time ago.

Lost to a top 5 team on the road after a short week. Could have gone either way. Came down to a play or two and some spotty officiating. Ultimately, it hit the Vegas spread almost exactly.

Nailed it. But it's okay, because we all have our foibles.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1vt0gsu1 said:
Blitzer88":1vt0gsu1 said:

I do freak out quite often, but usually I can get over loses a bit quicker. This one is still eating at me for some reason, I just didn't like what I saw today.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Lol total opposite for me. As soon as Wilson threw the pick to end the game I was like "eh whatever, I'm over it."

Winning every week in the NFL is hard. I'd rather them stumble now then in the playoffs. And you're worried about NYG and STL? They've been playing well as of late? The Giants just got destroyed today vs SD and beat the worst team in the NFL by a TD last week. And STL is STL.

I'm.not.even.remotely.worried.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Steve2222":3178xwjl said:
Lol total opposite for me. As soon as Wilson threw the pick to end the game I was like "eh whatever, I'm over it."

Winning every week in the NFL is hard. I'd rather them stumble now then in the playoffs. And you're worried about NYG and STL? They've been playing well as of late? The Giants just got destroyed today vs SD and beat the worst team in the NFL by a TD last week. And STL is STL.

STL has given us big time fits the last 3-4 times we have played them and the Giants game is on the road, we don't really come out like gang busters when it comes to road games, aside from a few blowouts.

Nog

Reaction score
I really don't care about this loss because the niners were so desperate to win. They just got what they wanted somehow. The key of this game was that we didn't click on offense on the first quarter, and also a punch of penalties. It happens... That's the national league, you must be ready to fight every single week.

The only thing that really bothers me in this loss, it is KJ injury. I personally think that KJ is the anchor of this defense because he is really good for covering middle range passes. He also uses extremely well his body to cover big receivers such as Davis or Graham. Without him, I'm afraid that we re going to get burnt on play-action moves. I don't really need to mention that is really good on run defense. I heard he might be back for the playoff though...

I'm getting tired of this series of injuries. Now, we just need to play decent against the Giants and the Cards and lock up this division (and eventually the home field advantage). I will pray for no more injuries and getting back all of our players for the playoff.

Seafan

Reaction score
No big deal. Hawks could have played better but it wasn't a horrible performance. I don't think Niner players or fans can feel confident about this. They know they have to travel to Seattle again and Harvin has got to be at the back of their minds. The loss of Wright was a bigger downer to me than the game. Wags getting sucked up into the line like he often does on that last drive to go along with a bad play by Earl was the difference in the game. It happens. I got over this game really fast.

brettb3

Reaction score
Steve2222":3ik02nr6 said:

The road woes have been gone for this team since last December. Plus the Giants suck. They're not playing well by any stretch of the imagination.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sucks to lose to Dbag like Harbaugh, but the Hawks couldn't have played much worse, play calling on both sides of the ball couldn't have been worse , officiating was crap, SF got all of the breaks and we only lost by 2 on the road. We will crush the whiners here like we always do. It took the perfect storm for us to barely lose at their joint. This loss is the WORST thing that can happen to our future opponents, as there will be more focus to stomp the living crud out of anybody in Seattle's way!