Rapoport: Seahawks may sign Winfield as early as tomorrow

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
@RapSheet 2m
In #Seahawks secondary: Brass will meet tomorrow to make a decision. Don’t be shocked to see Antoine Winfield on a plane to Seattle tomorrow

Imagine the "decision" is whether or not to shut down Browner and hinges a lot on tonights performance by Maxwell, Lane, and Shead

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't tjonk it has anything to do with that. If they sign Winfield it would be a good indication they plan on shutting Browner down.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I don't really get the Winfield situation.

It seems he's been pretty much signing since last week. So why not before the Saints game?

Are we really that desperate for a backup full back on the roster?

Polaris

Reaction score
At this point esp from this particular source, I'll believe it when I see it. Frankly I see a lot of rumor mongering and pot stirring within the Sports Media against the Seahawks without a lot of facts to back it up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ifwuknkq said:
So basically if the secondary sucks tonight, Winfield will be a Seahawk.

Considering it's Drew Brees vs a secondary missing two starters, Winfield might want to at least keep a suitcase packed.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1tb3egjn said:

It seems he's been pretty much signing since last week. So why not before the Saints game?

I really think Winfield wasn't in game shape when they came calling. Not sure if two weeks gives him enough time to get into game shape.. but I imagine it played a role.

mikeak

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":duifzukq said:

I am guessing he wanted guarantees to be on the roster for the playoffs.

If Browner comes back that wouldn't be there. If Browner is out / suspended then I am sure he is good enough no matter what shape he is in

SDHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3qzk8tpz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3qzk8tpz said:

If Browner comes back that wouldn't be there. If Browner is out / suspended then I am sure he is good enough no matter what shape he is in

In agreement with this. Pretty sure we need an open roster spot before signing Winfield. Hawks not rushing a decision, letting the decision be made for them.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":2py586vv said:
mikeak":2py586vv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2py586vv said:

In agreement with this. Pretty sure we need an open roster spot before signing Winfield. Hawks not rushing a decision, letting the decision be made for them.

Sure, but I was thinking maybe you cut Coleman as the backup full back for a week and stash Winfield that way for a key game.

I think Hasselbeck could be right -- which begs the question... how do you get into game shape in one week?

kmedic

Reaction score
The decision to sign Winfield likely depends on what the punishment will be for Browner. If it's a year suspension then yes, they will sign him. If it's only a four game suspension, they likely will stay with Shead on the roster until he comes back. I don't think this has anything to do with Winfield and his demands.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Well, Winfield, you can probably unpack that suitcase now.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Welp..........Maxwell and Lane may have made that decision for the FO by their play tonight.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That backup FB scored the play of the game.

And Coleman has strong ST value and he's learning to be a big boy FB from Robinson... he isn't the one who's going to be cut for Winfield.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Why? He doesn't seem to be needed now.

Latest posts