The only players who have played all 11 games......

bigcc

Reaction score
Code:
[code]
[/code]

without leaving early due to an injury (kearse, Bennett, Mcdaniels) is AMAZINGLY short

Wilson, Lynch, Turbin, Tate, Baldwin, Sweezy, Carpenter, Jean-pierre, Mcquistan, Willson, Sherman, Maxwell, Wright, Mebane, Chancellor, Maragos, ET, Farwell, Morgan, Ryan

That's 20 players, and I wouldn't count Maragos/Jean Pierre/Turbin/Farwell/Morgan/Willson(probably Carpenter too) as key players, let alone starters..... we've had weeks of 16,13,12,10 players on the injury report

even with the suspension to thurmond, even without browner, even without Rice, even if Harvin doesn't play, I would have to imagine that injury/suspension wise (keep in mind Irvin missed the first 4) this is the best Pete has felt heading into a game.

We won 10 games with with only 11 of our original starters playing each game (most the time with Mcquistan out of position, and one of them being our punter) through, I can't wait to see what is likely the healthiest team we've fielded thus far.

Question, does any team in the NFL even come close to the level of replacements we've had to use from what our ideal roster was in TC?

RiverDog

Reaction score
bigcc":2yesexl3 said:
Code:
[code]
[/code]

without leaving early due to an injury (kearse, Bennett, Mcdaniels) is AMAZINGLY short

Wilson, Lynch, Turbin, Tate, Baldwin, Sweezy, Carpenter, Jean-pierre, Mcquistan, Willson, Sherman, Maxwell, Wright, Mebane, Chancellor, Maragos, ET, Farwell, Morgan, Ryan

That's 20 players, and I wouldn't count Maragos/Jean Pierre/Turbin/Farwell/Morgan/Willson(probably Carpenter too) as key players, let alone starters..... we've had weeks of 16,13,12,10 players on the injury report

even with the suspension to thurmond, even without browner, even without Rice, even if Harvin doesn't play, I would have to imagine that injury/suspension wise (keep in mind Irvin missed the first 4) this is the best Pete has felt heading into a game.

We won 10 games with with only 11 of our original starters playing each game (most the time with Mcquistan out of position, and one of them being our punter) through, I can't wait to see what is likely the healthiest team we've fielded thus far.

Question, [color=#BF0000]does any team in the NFL even come close to the level of replacements we've had to use from what our ideal roster was in TC?

I haven't looked at other rosters like you have ours, but I do remember after one game a month or so ago, Mike Tomlin reading off his injury report in his post game presser. It was a pretty impressive list to say the least.

I can also recall a season where we had our top 5 WR's out with an injury, then in pregame, our backup quarterback that was going to play WR (Seneca Wallace) got hurt.

So long as one particular group doesn't experience a bunch of injuries, like that season we had with the WR's or this year with our OL, or if we don't lose a really critical player, like the Packers did when they lost Rodgers, we can generally get by. Our cornerback situation is starting to get that way, but I think we're still deep enough at that position to get by, so long as we don't lose someone else.

Basis4day

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

Latest posts