12 flag over candlestick on 12/8/13

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:11 pm
  • Not sure if y'all know about this or not. I don't have a FB so I'll do the best I can to link to it.
    Any way a group of 12s have raised money to have a flag flown over candlestick for the game. It will be pulled by an airplane.
    Sounds like the have enough for the small size already and are hoping to raise a little more for the bigger one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1282496 ... 818738723/
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Re: 12 flag over candlestick on 12/8/13
Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Hilarious and awesome.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Hell yea, I'll contribute! Now, if I can remember my facebook password..
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:08 pm
  • thats pretty awesome. if it were up here id hope the owners would be smart enough to turn away the business.

and thats a houston Hawks fan group. i dont have access cause its a private group
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 pm
  • On a side note. I've posted something about the Texas/california hawkers t-shirts and hoodies in the classified area. They are almost half off till 12/12.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:32 pm
  • muxpux wrote:thats pretty awesome. if it were up here id hope the owners would be smart enough to turn away the business.

and thats a houston Hawks fan group. i dont have access cause its a private group

Actually it's thru a thing called " fundrazr" I'm trying to get better info as I type this.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Go to fundrazr.com. Then find the group called, GoHawks Aerialbanner. I hope this helps. Would be great to get the bigger banner with more flight time. Only needing $350 more, should be a cake walk. My wife did $25. Come on guys. Let's get this done.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:43 pm
  • Haha first the brick at the new stadium, now flying hawks gear over their stadium.

I can taste the tears of 9ers already. Watch out, though. They like to keep it stabby down there.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:58 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Go to fundrazr.com. Then find the group called, GoHawks Aerialbanner. I hope this helps. Would be great to get the bigger banner with more flight time. Only needing $350 more, should be a cake walk. My wife did $25. Come on guys. Let's get this done.

Thanks for providing the link. I contributed $20.00 and forwarded the confirmation e-mail to all my friends. I will follow up with each to see if they will match me.

Love this stuff and the idea that the players will see this before the game as well as fellow 12's. Absolutely love the voice the 12th man has shown this year in other venues. I will be doing my part in NO next year but $20.00 is easy money to support our team and fellow fans.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:02 pm
  • I almost hope the 49ers try to one up us if we meet in the playoffs. Why? Because it makes the rivalry even more fun.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm
  • If they actually survive to play us at the CLink in the playoffs, we need to find out if any 9ers group is trying to do the same thing with a company around here... then raise money to outbid them to NOT fly... or to just fly a 12th flag around the CLink... I think any local company would be biased and give us a discount... :mrgreen:

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:21 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:If they actually survive to play us at the CLink in the playoffs, we need to find out if any 9ers group is trying to do the same thing with a company around here... then raise money to outbid them to NOT fly... or to just fly a 12th flag around the CLink... I think any local company would be biased and give us a discount... :mrgreen:

Agree 100%
    And I challenge everybody reading this thread to go and donate. Even $5 bucks will help. This will be awesome. Need the bigger banner. I'm guessing if they raise extra money it will go towards extra flight time.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm
  • Just contributed $20 for the cause! ;)
    HawkCop
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:06 pm
  • Gladly supporting this awesome idea, from Iowa! Go 'Hawks! 12th man strong!
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm
  • If anybody has way to contact the KIRO team that goes to the away games(they were at Houston and Atlanta), might be cool to give them a heads up on this. Maybe we could get a few seconds of the flag flying, on the news.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:24 pm
  • it says its at 1,184 of 1,300. thats 116 more $$. awesome.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:38 pm
  • These things are funny and all. But just so you know. With every passing stunt, it raises the odds that you'll be stabbed if you ever attend a game down there wearing Hawks gear.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:30 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I almost hope the 49ers try to one up us if we meet in the playoffs. Why? Because it makes the rivalry even more fun.:)

^ This. Niner's have a passionate fan base, just like us. Makes the Season much more enjoyable. And I hope they make it to the NFC Championship to play us a 3rd time. I feel people do not really factor how close these 2 teams are in talent based on previous games. The Niners are a consistent QB from being a contender with or without Kaep.
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:55 am
  • It appears that the goal has been reached. It seems as though some slight modification has been done to the original plan, based on some rules. Not sure if they are NFL rules or local Air space rules. Looks like the cant fly as close to kick off as they wanted. They are restricted 1 hour before kick off, so in a way this is better. The players will more than likely see it now, as they will probably be on the field warming up.
    It was also stated that in the event that this flight can't take place for any reason (weather or such) that donations will be returned via PayPal.
    I think this is very cool, I'm glad to have played a small part in it. I also think it should become a regular thing, no matter where the hawks play. For the 12th man, flying the 12 flag has been an important part of our shtick. Why not do it like this every away game. The cost is minimal when broken up over a few hundred fans. I know I would be willing to kick in a $20 for every away game.
    GoHawks.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:34 am
  • To everyone that donated. I recommend forwarding your confirmation email to anyone Seahawks fan you know. I know I would be upset if I found out about this after the fact and we just barely missed a goal.

Would really love to have this get some air time on the local sports shows also. The more donations the better. Make as big a display as possible and any overflow can be contributed to future events.

I know I wouldn't want my money back. I would prefer it be used for other similar events if for whatever reason it didn't happen.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:56 am

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I almost hope the 49ers try to one up us if we meet in the playoffs. Why? Because it makes the rivalry even more fun.:)

Won't happen cuz after we beat them down again in Frisco, their fanbase will be resigned to the truth.....that our team is simply better than theirs and they won't have the oomph to bother.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Wow. Whiners are getting seriously butthurt about this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/ ... _hawks_12/

Shouldn't you be more concerned about beating the Aints tonight than your game against the Niners. I think most Niners have already conceded that Seattle is better this year. I think Niner fans can look up and see that you guys have the best record in the entire NFL.

Having said that, you still haven't won anything yet, you have zero Lombardi trophies in you cupboard. At least St Louis have one, so Ram fans, just like Niners know what it take to win the Superbowl.
    Ninerg
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:55 am
  • Ninerg wrote:
    Having said that, you still haven't won anything yet, you have zero Lombardi trophies in you cupboard. At least St Louis have one, so Ram fans, just like Niners know what it take to win the Superbowl.

Oh Gawd........Here we go.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:55 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Wow. Whiners are getting seriously butthurt about this.

I don't know what Niner fans you are making reference to as being butthurt. We don't care about that stuff. If you know anything about Niner fans, true Niner fans, all we care about are Lombardi trophies. Its either Superbowl or bust. I give the Seahawks credit, you have real good team, you should be able to get trophy this year, if you get to the Superbowl and choke it away like you did last time, you won't have anything to say to the Niner empire.
    Ninerg
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 am
  • Ninerg wrote:
    253hawk wrote:Wow. Whiners are getting seriously butthurt about this.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about beating the Aints tonight than your game against the Niners. I think most Niners have already conceded that Seattle is better this year. I think Niner fans can look up and see that you guys have the best record in the entire NFL.

Five rings! (Thumps chest)

Yawn. Wake me up when you've won something this century.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 am
  • BocciHawk wrote:
    Ninerg wrote:

Five rings! (Thumps chest)

Yawn. Wake me up when you've won something this century.

We're 5-1 in Superbowl 's, I don't think that's too shabby. Now Seattle, you have to win one. Quite honestly I think you guys can. Even your opponents tonight have won a Superbowl. Until you get one, your fans base won't understand how it feels to get the chip.
    Ninerg
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am
  • Ninerg wrote:

I don't know what Niner fans you are making reference to as being butthurt. We don't care about that stuff. If you know anything about Niner fans, true Niner fans, all we care about are Lombardi trophies. Its either Superbowl or bust. I give the Seahawks credit, you have real good team, you should be able to get trophy this year, if you get to the Superbowl and choke it away like you did last time, you won't have anything to say to the Niner empire.

The Fact that you felt the need to make two posts with the same quote say's differnently.. run along youngun
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 am

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 am
  • Ninerg wrote:We're 5-1 in Superbowl 's, I don't think that's too shabby. Now Seattle, you have to win one. Quite honestly I think you guys can. Even your opponents tonight have won a Superbowl. Until you get one, your fans base won't understand how it feels to get the chip.

Your team was founded in 1946, ours was founded in 1976. We were still in the early expansion years when you got your first SB, having had three decades to build a competitive team. And look now...we've got the inside track to win one in about the same time frame (the officiated-abortion that was XL not withstanding.) The NFL has more parity than any other pro sport, that's what makes it so difficult to win a championship even with a great team.

I used to be a 49ers fan (my NFC team of choice) back in the Montana and Young days. After Young retired, the whole franchise became as deplorable as its current fan base and I seceded from the NFC altogether. I never blubbered about dusty old trophies after 1995 because they don't mean squat; they were won by different players and coaches when the team had different GM's and owners. The only thing that matters is the present. Even if Seattle wins 10 in a row, you'll never hear me touting that tired old argument about The Glory Days. I bet I could name more players from those rosters than most 49er 'fans' these days.

Just thought it was funny that SF got their panties in a bunch about us flying a little plane over their park. They're as vehement as when they found out about our brick at the new yard, threatening to deface it. I don't know when the fan base got so insufferably bad, but it was never like this when I followed the team.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm
  • How hard is it for them to understand?
    The flag is being flown in support of OUR team, and has NOTHING to do with THEIR team.
    We shouldn't enter a battle of the minds, with an unarmed foe.
    GoHawks !!!
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 pm
  • It's not like we can even fly it over the Rams or Cardinals games, because they're in domes so it's pointless. (Yes I know Cards have a retractable roof but it's almost always closed.)
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 pm
  • They are going to need anything to motivate them...5 rings (none in this century) but they do have Papaki...... :rofl:

Flying that 12 flag in your faces pisses you off and you know it. Your tears make a good Bloody Mary.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:10 pm
  • Ninerg wrote:

He sounds pretty defensive and BUTTHURT to me.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm
  • Ninerg wrote:Having said that, you still haven't won anything yet, you have zero Lombardi trophies in you cupboard. At least St Louis have one, so Ram fans, just like Niners know what it take to win the Superbowl.

So could you elaborate exactly what does it take for a fan to win the Lombardi? Can I see your rings?
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm
  • Ahhh, the reddit thread has the pic from when the Giants did it to the Dodgers.

All in fun. Totally approve of silly sh!t like this. Well done.

Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:33 pm
  • It sounds like the group that collected the money will be donating the extra cash to the wounded warrior project. Great idea if you ask me.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information