This is regarding Richard Sherman.

Guy1992

Reaction score
Raider fan and I am NOT here to trash this page (like I have room to anyways; lol). I want to know, since I hope to meet him someday, how was your personal encounter with Richard Sherman? I personally think he's one of the most misunderstood athletes and have yet to hear anything bad about him as a person. He also seems to be relatively personable too.

A World Peace

Reaction score
I met him vs. the Eagles in his rookie year pregame and he and pete carroll along with a few other players signed my football too. Pretty chill guy the 20 secs I talked to him

cacksman

Reaction score
I met him in Tri Cities, WA for the 12th man tour when he was with Browner and Baldwin. Waited outside for 3 hours just to get in the bar, and Sherman was sweaty, tired and still signing as many autographs as he could. I would guess there were 500 people at least there and I think all of them got Sherman's autograph if they wanted it.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Guy1992":69z0q9f1 said:
Raider fan and I am NOT here to trash this page (like I have room to anyways; lol). I want to know, since I hope to meet him someday, how was your personal encounter with Richard Sherman? I personally think he's one of the most misunderstood athletes and have yet to hear anything bad about him as a person. He also seems to be relatively personable too.

Well his mom was cool. She's like the team mom.......... talked to her at a game.
The follow channel on youtube has his weekly videos.

Reaction score
Guy1992":1sicjc39 said:
lol, he's everything all the guys ahead of me have said.....and NO, the Raiders CAN'T HAVE HIM! :141847_bnono:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
cacksman":3rdlq6ls said:
I met him in Tri Cities, WA for the 12th man tour when he was with Browner and Baldwin. Waited outside for 3 hours just to get in the bar, and Sherman was sweaty, tired and still signing as many autographs as he could. I would guess there were 500 people at least there and I think all of them got Sherman's autograph if they wanted it.

I met him both this year and last year. Last year it wasn't near as crowded (no line going out the door or roped off areas). I had about a 5 minute wait to get a pic with Richard and Kam, and when I went up, Richard jumped down off the stage to shake my hand and tell me he appreciated us coming out to meet them. Super nice guy. Loves the fans.

This year I saw someone spill a drink on the floor and he grabbed a towel and started cleaning it up himself. I thought that said something for his humility.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've been to a couple autograph signings for Sherman. I took my nephew who was in awe of him to his SI signing at Lucky Strike. Nephew was so nervous but Richard was so gracious and intense that you kinda get the feeling right away that he's a pretty good dude. He really puts himself out there. Before the signing there were hundreds of people in line and he walked down the whole line shaking hands. No doubt in my mind that he's a guy who is going to do some really good things outside of football. he's already been involved in tons of charities and events to raise money for people who need it. That's why I couldn't care less about what he does to get attention - he's basically realized that as a non-first round pick, he can play well and EVENTUALLY get recognized - but he can do so much more good for himself, his family, and the organizations he cares about by getting his name out there.

Both times I met him it was in long autograph lines, but he took the time to engage with everyone. At the SI signing he was picking people up and holding them while they were getting pictures taken and always seems happy to be there. At training camp he was one of the guys I saw staying as long as he could to sign things and seemed reluctant to come off the field when the staff was calling for it.

dunceface

Reaction score
TriCHawk":1sl1m8f6 said:
This year I saw someone spill a drink on the floor and he grabbed a towel and started cleaning it up himself. I thought that said something for his humility.

SNEAKY SNEAKY FOR PRESIDENT!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Met him up in Vancouver for the Play 60 event. Very cool guy, took the time to talk to everyone in line, looked you in the eye, came off as a truly nice guy.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
Guy1992":2x8z26sg said:

I love Richard Sherman. I wear his jersey. The only thing bad about him? His terrible acting on local commercials. Very awkward.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
What I appreciate is that he's always talking up the TEAM, not just himself. He rarely promotes his own skills without promoting those of the rest of the Legion in the same breath.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1w71zxgv said:
What I appreciate is that he's always talking up the TEAM, not just himself. He rarely promotes his own skills without promoting those of the rest of the Legion in the same breath.

That's very true and a lot of people don't give him enough credit for it. When he won NFC defensive player of the month (?), he was quick to say it was a team award. And that without ET, Kam, and BB, he wouldn't have that same trust to play the way he plays

pugs1

Reaction score
I got his autograph at the NFL experience in New Orleans last year. He could not have been more personable. He was nice to everyone I saw but stood up and shook hands and took pictures with people wearing Seahawks gear!

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Met him at my old job @ Apple. Funny guy (and laughed at my terrible joke), looked you in the eye, firm handshake and all that. Appreciative of normal customer service, and even signed one of my business cards. I told him I was looking forward to that season and he thanked me for coming out and renewing season tickets. This was last summer (before the 2012 season) for what it's worth.

He also took some pictures with kids while waiting for his appointment. You could see the dads grab their kids and point and he'd kind of nod and wave the "come over" thing.

His mom is a delightful lady too.

OP
OP
G

Guy1992

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":33rsqhv4 said:
Guy1992":33rsqhv4 said:
lol, he's everything all the guys ahead of me have said.....and NO, the Raiders CAN'T HAVE HIM! :141847_bnono:

Damn! He would be PERFECT for the "Raider Image"; a tough competitor and a cool dude. Trading is dumb (uh, ask about Matt Flynn), but if he's a free agent and in good condition (like now), I'm sure there are other fans welcoming him with open arms!!