It was only a few weeks ago...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Where this team couldn't get out of its own way into pulling out escapes against the Rams and Bucs.

Then Seahawks were an 8-1 team, but too many pondered if the Seahawks were as good as advertised or really a 5-5 team with a few lucky breaks.

Ok, let's flip that switch for a second. If the Seahawks lost @Car, @Hou, @Rams, and vs TB but in turn won at @Indy like they should have you are still looking at a 7-4 team that still would lead the NFC West at this point in time.

Yet the Seahawks are 10-1, and the coolest thing of all is they'll be 10-1 after next week, we get to let than linger for a full 15 days.

Again, a few weeks ago we all wondered if the Seahawks were just an average team at best surviving bad teams and getting lucky breaks... now at 10-1... Seahawks stand alone on top of the NFL as its #1 team (per win percentage).

We went 10-1 without Okung, Giacomini, Unger, Miller, and Michael Robinson for 28 games out 55 total. That's 5 starters from 2012, 5 of the most important blockers on the team missing 51% of their starts.

Not to mention Sidney Rice, 2012's leading WR, who had been playing with on a bum knee all season long before succumbing to a knee injury vs TB.

Then there is Anthony McCoy, the 2nd TE, who was becoming a quiet safety valve fo r Wilson in the passing game, as well as a stalwart blocker.

Then there is Percy Harvin, the biggest Seahawks acquisition probably since Julian Peterson (and yes I chose JP over Lynch, Buffalo pretty much gave us Lynch thinking he was a mal-content... and other than the Chicago game and Beast Quake it took Lynch until the 2nd half of 2011 to become the consistent back-breaking workhorse identity of this offense.)

Back to Harvin, Seahawks were 9-1 without him, they were 9-1 despite plenty of 2012 starters/contributors missing plenty of time.

This also just extend to the Offense but to the Defense as well where Clemons was coming off rehabbing a season ending injury and missed a couple of games.

Cliff Avril missed pretty much all of the off-season/pre-season/ plus the road opener with foot and hamstring issues.

Bruce Irvin missed much of the pre-season with a groin injury before having to miss the first 4 games amidst a position switch many thought he would fail at...

Both Mebane and McDaniel battle groin injuries to start the season, not to mention 3rd rounder Jordan Hill missing opportunities in about 5 or so games because of a bicep injury.

We've also seen guys like Browner, Bennett, Wagner, Smith, Bryant, Lane, and Jeron Johnson miss various amounts of time with injuries throughout the season. The last two aren't a big deal in terms of the Defense, but Special Teams... both players are a pair of aces.

Seahawks just have been dealt a shitty hand adversity, and at times they had to bluff their way into winning a pot or two... but at the end of the day, all that matters is staying ahead of the other chip leaders.

We are very blessed to be a part of something so magical like 2013 Seahawks... eleven game in. Its definitely be a roller coaster ride but one that left you exhilarated and excited for more twists and turns.

muxpux

Reaction score
in bowling, they say when you roll a 300, not every strike is perfect. you have to have that 1 or 2 lucky ones. thats kindof how this season has been. there were a couple games that very well could have been losses but we eeked out a win. and much like strikes in bowling, wins dont matter how they are achieved, theyre all the same in the end.

themunn

Reaction score
this board is full of overreactions every week - you get used to it

For every person that tells me we were "lucky" to win against Tampa and/or St Louis, tell me, is it lucky to win when you are outgained in yards by a 2-1 ratio, only beat the opponent by 20 yards in the passing game, lose the time of possession battle, have less first downs but have a +1 turnover differential?

Yes? Because that's what happened when the Colts beat us - and they only beat us in TO differential when we through the 4th down interception to end the game.

The Bucs game, yes, we lost the turnover battle and the ToP battle - in the first half. But after that we completely dominated, and it should have been obvious to anyone watching that we would win the game

JonRud

Reaction score
This is shaping up just like last year where we get on a big roll in Nov & Dec. Big difference is this time we will be home for 2 playoff games [i think] rather than on the road for 3. Big difference.

Axx

Reaction score
Sometimes you just got to win ugly
thats what the .net doesnt understand

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember - St Louis looked bad before the game against us BUT the 15pt loss to Carolina maybe wasn't very bad and then they lost with one TD against a good Titans team and ended up crushing Indianapolis. So if we play them that close the week after they crushed Indy would we have panicked as much? Fact is their biggest strenght is the front 7 and it just matched up perfectly with our biggest weakness at the time.......

Bucs - They also lost to Panthers before playing us and 18pt loss ok not great but still then after playing us they have now won 2 straight for the first time. They suddenly don't look as crappy as they did coming in to our game....

Cardinals - that is a team that beat the Panthers......a team we played close and beat the 49ers when they were supposedly playing great again.

I am just saying that you look at a game as an individual game and you say oh we played like crap. But then you put the opponent in the perspective of how they looked at that time of their schedule and not the whole season and maybe just maybe you say we didn't look as bad as we thought at the time.

With that said I think we all agree. The O-line getting healthy (and staying healthy) is one of the key pieces of winning a superbowl game. The offense is just completely different when RW has a few seconds

Hawks46

Reaction score
I never thought we were an average team; losing both starting Tackles is a big big deal. I had problems with our lack of adjustments to it, and our WRs seeming inability at times to get open against average competition.

Looking at the toughness of our schedule before the year, a lot of us would've been happy at 7-4 or 8-3...well if not happy at least it wouldn't have been unexpected. Getting out of the Houston/Indy stretch a lot of us were expecting the Hawks to be 2-2 and ready for a tear.

Most good teams in the NFL go .500 on the road and win more at home. We've gotten all but two of our road games out of the way and only have 1 loss total. I don't care how you slice it, you have to be ecstatic about this season so far.