Yes another worthless weekly power ranking

Nearpost

Reaction score
I read them from the bottom up as part of my delayed gratification practice.

Another thing I do from time to time, is freeze the tv just as RW or the opposition qb get's the ball, and watch the play develope frame by frame.

Anyone else?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Broncos over Chiefs? Not sure about that one. Guess we'll see who's better this weekend. Hawks should #2 over the Broncos.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1s5ia31j said:
Broncos over Chiefs? Not sure about that one. Guess we'll see who's better this weekend. Hawks should #2 over the Broncos.

Hawks should be #1.

I see the Chiefs losing at least three games down the stretch, they haven't played anybody yet this year......................and the Broncos with a gimpy Manning looked very mortal against an average SD team last week.

But Power Rankings = who cares.

drdiags

Reaction score
Can you make the Seahawks #1 based on a hunch that the Chiefs are going to lose 3 games down the stretch or because the Broncos looked mortal against the Chargers? Seahawks looked mortal against a winless Tampa Bay.

This is all opinion based but if one is sitting in a neutral position the above line doesn't seem evenly balanced.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nearpost":2u25rx5o said:

Another thing I do from time to time, is freeze the tv just as RW or the opposition qb get's the ball, and watch the play develope frame by frame.

Anyone else?

Genius! I'm going to try that with sex!

blkhwk

Reaction score
The only power ranking that matters is the one after the superb owl

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Well considering the Chiefs and Bronco's are unproven with only having played one game between the two of an oppononent with even a 500 record and Seattle has. Beaten two of the teams in the top ten while missing key players returning or showing up for the first time Sunday, I don't see it as a reach to pur Seattle over any other team including the Cheifs and Broncos.

Remember those teams we struggled against we still made the proper adjustments and won those games and one of them was from 21 points down.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":201zcuvr said:
Nearpost":201zcuvr said:

Anyone else?

I wanted to do that as well but was told I wasn't allowed to record it.....

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
mikeak":1tij24xn said:
ivotuk":1tij24xn said:
Nearpost":1tij24xn said:

Anyone else?

I wanted to do that as well but was told I wasn't allowed to record it.....

Jose Cuervo is a great negotiator in those situations.

C-Dub

Reaction score
They need to rename they stupid ranking to "record" rankings, because this is not "power" rankings.

It's sad when WalterFootball seems to be the most accurate when determining a true "power" ranking. AKA...looking forward, who's gonna win in a neutral site.

Something like this makes sense...
1. Seahawks - getting Percy and 3/5ths of the online back, dominant performance, top tier defense, top 10 offense, top tier ST, complete team
2. Denver - Peyton....wow!, #1 offense by a lot, pedestrian defense drops them in rankings, top 10 ST, questions about Manning health as the season progresses
3. 49ers - getting Crabs back, VD should be back, Smith will be playing normal snaps. I've dropped them from #1, because offense is stuck in neutral
4. Saints - #2 offense, only offense that has chance to keep up with Peyton, almost top 10 defense, tough schedule coming up will be a good test
5. Patriots - the defense is top 10 and keeping them legit, the offense is progressing, top ST unit
6. Panthers - #1 defense that can keep them in any game, offense is anywhere from great to bad depending on Newton
7. Packers - top tier offense, bottom tier defense and ST, with Rodgers this team can beat most teams and is nearing return
8. Colts - top tier passing offense, bottom tier rushing offense, average defense and ST, Luck can flat out dominate, pocket refs help this team
9. Lions - poor man's Packers with a stout D-line, beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams
10. Chiefs - solid defense, below average offense, noodle arm QB that won't win a Super Bowl, top tier ST, beats the bad teams and hasn't even played an average team

Bengals fallen out, Lions moved in.

rsm650

Reaction score
hawker84":9pzwc48w said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280736/article/power-rankings-week-11-panthers-surge-colts-49ers-descend

But i do get enjoyment seeing SF knocked down to 8th.

Doesn't look too ridiculous. I'm okay with it.

However, that comment section is atrocious. I don't know why I continue reading those. "Seattle is overrated" yeah, we're more overrated than KC and Denver "Percy Harvin is overrated" uhh okay :roll: I stopped reading them since those were only the first 10 comments...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blkhwk":2ka3xkve said:
I have no clue about what this surperb owl is that you speak of....but I do believe in results. So if you mean Superbowl? I am in.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rsm650":enhx4v9x said:
hawker84":enhx4v9x said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280736/article/power-rankings-week-11-panthers-surge-colts-49ers-descend

However, that comment section is atrocious. I don't know why I continue reading those. "Seattle is overrated" yeah, we're more overrated than KC and Denver "Percy Harvin is overrated" uhh okay :roll: I stopped reading them since those were only the first 10 comments...
Personally I prefer spice over sweet and while fear is sweet Russell and Percy are so spicy...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
C-Dub":3k0pqzmu said:
They need to rename they stupid ranking to "record" rankings, because this is not "power" rankings.

It's sad when WalterFootball seems to be the most accurate when determining a true "power" ranking. AKA...looking forward, who's gonna win in a neutral site.

Something like this makes sense...
1. Seahawks - getting Percy and 3/5ths of the online back, dominant uperformance, top tier defense, top 10 offense, top tier ST, complete team
2. Denver - Peyton....wow!, #1 offense by a lot, pedestrian defense drops them in rankings, top 10 ST, questions about Manning health as the season progresses
3. 49ers - getting Crabs back, VD should be back, Smith will be playing normal snaps. I've dropped them from #1, because offense is stuck in neutral
4. Saints - #2 offense, only offense that has chance to keep up with Peyton, almost top 10 defense, tough schedule coming up will be a good test
5. Patriots - the defense is top 10 and keeping them legit, the offense is progressing, top ST unit
6. Panthers - #1 defense that can keep them in any game, offense is anywhere from great to bad :? depending on Newton
7. Packers - top tier offense, bottom tier defense and ST, with Rodgers this team can beat most teams and is nearing return
8. Colts - top tier passing offense, bottom tier rushing offense, average defense and ST, Luck can flat out dominate, pocket refs help this team
9. Lions - poor man's Packers with a stout D-line, beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams
10. Chiefs - solid defense, below average offense, noodle arm QB that won't win a Super Bowl, top tier ST, beats the bad teams and hasn't even played an average team

Bengals fallen out, Lions moved in.
That's scary spot on, now I am officially paranoid. This isn't good.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rsm650":2cqdzc5b said:
hawker84":2cqdzc5b said:

Personally I prefer spice over sweet and while fear is sweet Russell and Percy are so spicy...

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i02opgo said:
SeaWolv":2i02opgo said:

Hawks should be #1.

I see the Chiefs losing at least three games down the stretch, they haven't played anybody yet this year......................and the Broncos with a gimpy Manning looked very mortal against an average SD team last week.

But Power Rankings = who cares.

Agreed. However in the eyes of the media they're not going to put a one loss Hawks team ahead of an undefeated Chiefs team. Especially if that Hawks team hasn't been blowing every team out like they expected. Of course some of those close games now look more impressive, like Carolina and St. Louis, when you look at who they've beaten. What they don't seem to factor into their rankings is that the Hawks have gotten where they are with 4 offensive starters out for significant amounts of playing time. That has an affect not only on offensive performance but defensively as well in terms of TOP and keeping the D fresh.

muxpux

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2lnabk6d said:
blkhwk":2lnabk6d said:
I have no clue about what this surperb owl is that you speak of....but I do believe in results. So if you mean Superbowl? I am in.:)

0341dcd2c27c9742570e7347543bae7f3232d9f607fbdd8e68

Latest posts