Sherman played through concussion in 1st NFL start

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/23/richard-s ... n-the-nfl/

Another good article by Sherman, he really speaks his mind doesnt he? :D

And a tweet I thought was interesting, did he really go after AJ Green and make these comments right after the game when he was concussed? Glad it wasn't as bad as some of those Ocho Cinco post game concussed interviews.

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle
Well, now we know one of @RSherman_25's best lines--"AJ Green is just a lot of noise talking and bad routes"--came after a concussion.

Guess he did:

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksbl ... cation=rss

He was going back and forth with Green from the first quarter on, the two talking to each other after plays. After the game, Sherman gave his thoughts on Green to Curtis Crabtree of 950 KJR-AM and the Associated Press:

"I would say he's probably one of the most overrated receivers out there," Sherman said of Green. "He wasn't anything special. Dalton was a good quarterback. He makes good decisions, but A.J. Green is just a lot of noise talking and bad routes."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love that article. Basically tells everybody to stop whining, players chose this profession knowing the risks, and even if some 15-year vets didn't know when they entered, they can leave anytime they want.

Sherman, you're such a badass.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":kb3msldc said:
Fine from the NFL incoming in....
Why? He's siding with the NFL, basically. You know what you're getting yourself into before you even start is a good summary of his article.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lets see what Sherman says in 20 years if he is sucidal, can't remember much and is agressive to his family members

Either way he knows today those are future risks. Players in the past expected broken bones, pain for life etc etc but I don't think you will find any that really expected taking a weapon and put it to their heart to preserve their brain after the suicide that can be directly linked to playing in the NFL. Sherman knows because of those that came before him

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":1vzcu2f4 said:
Lets see what Sherman says in 20 years if he is sucidal, can't remember much and is agressive to his family members

Either way he knows today those are future risks. Players in the past expected broken bones, pain for life etc etc but I don't think you will find any that really expected taking a weapon and put it to their heart to preserve their brain after the suicide that can be directly linked to playing in the NFL. Sherman knows because of those that came before him

a) Sherman says in his own article he goes for the legs so he's a lot less likely to get concussed in the first place.
b) Way to take the worst, most dramatic example and make it sound like it's the friggin' norm.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Fantastic Article and I hope it gets plenty of exposure to a widespread audience. Much respect, Sherm.

Rocket

Reaction score
"If you don’t like it, stop watching."

I just love how this dude shy's away from controversy and publicity.
Best damn article I've ever read on NFL concussions.

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I will say this part bothered me, him including Kam in the same sentence as Meriweather. Kam's hits are violent and intimidating, but text book (like the famous Vernon Davis hit), he's not a head hunter like Meriweather.

My older brother didn’t have the same mentality. He played head-first, and would sometimes knock himself out making a hit. There are plenty of guys like that in our league, including my teammate Kam Chancellor, Titans safety Bernard Pollard and Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather

Or am I reading this wrong... and he just means they both play with the same mentality?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":no2rfl6n said:
I will say this part bothered me, him including Kam in the same sentence as Meriweather. Kam's hits are violent and intimidating, but text book (like the famous Vernon Davis hit), he's not a head hunter like Meriweather.

My older brother didn’t have the same mentality. He played head-first, and would sometimes knock himself out making a hit. There are plenty of guys like that in our league, including my teammate Kam Chancellor, Titans safety Bernard Pollard and Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather

Or am I reading this wrong... and he just means they both play with the same mentality?

At first, I took it the same way you did. Then after reading the second part, I kind of took it as they're both violent hitters that the NFL doesn't differentiate between.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
-The Glove-":25obe07y said:
twisted_steel2":25obe07y said:

At first, I took it the same way you did. Then after reading the second part, I kind of took it as they're both violent hitters that the NFL doesn't differentiate between.

He wasn't as clear as he could have been.

C-Dub

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2aeblbwr said:
-The Glove-":2aeblbwr said:
twisted_steel2":2aeblbwr said:

He wasn't as clear as he could have been.
I expect better from a Stanford alum.

Atradees

Reaction score
for fourteen million a year or sometimes less, I would eat "eat you children" Mike Tyson.

Latest posts