5-1 and playing...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The team is 5-1 and by most accounts has not put together a good win yet. A good win would be defined this year as one where 2 out of the 3 units have a dominating game. Some would argue that the Jacksonville win was a solid showing. I would argue against that. Jags putting 17 on the board at the Clink?! The combined records of opponents played is 15-20. Take Jacksonvilles 0-6 record out and the combined record of 5 opponents is 15-14. Three of the teams played so far have a 500 or better record. Houston is at 2-4 but still considered a good team. Considering they have played some quality opponents, SF, Hou, Tenn, Car and beat them all with the o-line held together with chewing gum and duct tape, missing various defensive players, and have not "played well", the rest of the league better look out for when it all comes together. I am more than thrilled that they have made it through this part of the schedule at 5-1. When you have a team that is not playing their best and still put wins on the board, you know you have something special.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Jacksonville was domination. Their putting up 10 points against scrubs doesn't impress.

BamKam

Reaction score
How was San Fran not a good win? We completely dominated them and they look pretty good again this year.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Who said it was not a quality win? My point is the team is winning despite putting it all together yet for extended periods of time.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I say scoring 20 unanswered points is pretty good even though it was a close win. 49ers wasn't a good win? I would wonder... what are you expecting?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5 wins are 5 good wins. No such thing as a bad win.

We dominated the Niners, that wasn't a good win, that was a GREAT win.

Seeker

Reaction score
scoring under 90 points = seahawk fans crying. wth

CANHawk

Reaction score
People have some pretty high expectations this year. I swear there are people here that truly believed we were going to win every game 40-3. We’re good, but these are still full grown Nfl teams we're playing... it amazes me, best start we've had in a generation and there are people who still aren’t happy.

Hawknight

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1m0jnrwp said:
SoulfishHawk":1m0jnrwp said:
5 wins are 5 good wins. No such thing as a bad win.

I'd say the Stealers winning* Super Bowl XL was a pretty friggin' bad win.

Technically that was a ugly win due to the Refs :sarcasm_off:

Seeker

Reaction score
lot of people became seahawks fans post buffalo, Arizona games from last year...

Reaction score
The thing that is most "irritable" to me is that the way the Hawks are playing, it LOOKS like they should be blowing out teams - moving the ball at will up and down the field - just not getting a high percentage of TD's in the red-zone, coupled with shooting ourselves in the foot many times a game, and despite that, still 5 and 1. Go Hawks!

BamKam

Reaction score
I still don't think it has hit people that we are pretty banged up offensively compared to last year where we hardly had any big injuries at all. With the addition of Percy people felt like we would put up 40-50 points every game with the way things were rolling at the end of the year. It is possible we might by the time Okung comes back, but people need to realize this team's offense has been far from full strength.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1209a8i1 said:
ding ding ding........
"We didn't beat the Titans by 8 touchdowns" :229031_banghead:

You mean we're upset we didn't beat the backup QB at the Clink by multiple touchdowns and we're not upset?

Do you think Broncos fans were excited about their beating of Jacksonville?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
our only issue is 3rd down.

And that is because we are down starters on offense.

It's really hard to be impressive when you can't convert 3rd downs.

Joey13091

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3o55mcxj said:
Agree to disagree, complaining about a win is corny. Just my own opinion.

I agree. We're doing a lot of things well right now and won 5 games out of 6.

It will all come together better as the season progresses, which is scary for other teams. IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Someone made a good point about the emotions after a game. Can't even begin to count how many times things seemed brutal after a loss etc. and the next day you start to really look at it differently.

As far as after a win, everyone deals with expectations their own way. I never expected 16-0, and when a team has this many injuries, is told by everyone how great they are etc. teams are gonna' bring their A game. So many guys out on the O-Line, missing guys on D for multiple games etc. It's impressive to be sitting at 5-1.

They still have Harvin, Okung, Breno all coming back. This team should peak at the right time.