5-1 and playing...

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks have outgained their opponents in five of six games. They more or less deserve to be 5-1.

Just because Seattle is winning games doesn't mean there aren't issues. But those issues don't necessarily forecast doom, either.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SonicHawk":wukrzsje said:
SoulfishHawk":wukrzsje said:
ding ding ding........
"We didn't beat the Titans by 8 touchdowns" :229031_banghead:

You mean we're upset we didn't beat the backup QB at the Clink by multiple touchdowns and we're not upset?

Do you think Broncos fans were excited about their beating of Jacksonville?
So, you think those Denver fans are right to be upset?

McGruff

Reaction score
Seeker":2d60xwdi said:
scoring under 90 points = seahawk fans crying. wth

Top 10 offense in both yards and scoring.

Top 5 defense in both yards and scoring.

5-1 record, first place in our division and on track for a first round bye and HFA.

I can't comprehend the complaining. Leave he nitpicking for the coaches. Fans should be reveling in this ride.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The fact that they haven't played at the level that they are capable of, and are sitting at 5-1 is what makes this whole thing so cool. They are going to be a LOT better than they are right now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
McGruff":1231wtpz said:
I can't comprehend the complaining.

Perhaps it comes from an inability to distinguish the difference between complaining and calmly & rationally discussing problems.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3alpgulo said:
The team is 5-1 and by most accounts has not put together a good win yet.

Bah. Three of our five wins have been good. Houston was brilliant.

Brahn

Reaction score
If you win enough of the small ones you get to play for the big one. People just need to stop thinking of each game as a playoff game. Do wins matter? Sure. Are they the final decider on who wins the big game? No way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":164t2cni said:
oldhawkfan":164t2cni said:
The team is 5-1 and by most accounts has not put together a good win yet.

Bah. Three of our five wins have been good. Houston was brilliant.
It was brilliant trolling of Houston fans, in any case.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
The Niners was a great win - total domination.

The Jags was a good win - but everyone expected it so we don't mention it.

The other three wins were not as "convincing" as most people would like, but they were still wins. If people gripe about those three wins, then by the same logic they should gripe about Indy's "win" over Seattle last week. It all balances out.

I'm still content with how we're playing so far this season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":hqk9mmtg said:
The thing that is most "irritable" to me is that the way the Hawks are playing, it LOOKS like they should be blowing out teams - moving the ball at will up and down the field - just not getting a high percentage of TD's in the red-zone, coupled with shooting ourselves in the foot many times a game, and despite that, still 5 and 1. Go Hawks!

The fact that they're doing what they're doing, but just aren't able to finish, isn't nessecarily a bad thing. We're 95% of the way there. They're still striving to get better. One day soon, everything will just go "click" and we'll start finishing. THEN we'll start putting up MONSTER games.

I'm kind of glad we haven't peaked yet. For all that Denver sure looks like this unstopable juggernaught right now, I can totally see them coming back down to earth somewhat before the playoffs start and getting punched in the mouth in the Divisional round by a team that gets hot and made a late playoff charge (which would be classic Peyton Manning actually).

If we can keep mucking out some sloppy "less than perfect" wins to keep HFA then have everything click around week 11-12-ish and start charging, that'll be the best of both worlds. Hit the playoffs hot with HFA? Get outta here... That's almost not fair.

themunn

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2k07nn13 said:
SoulfishHawk":2k07nn13 said:
ding ding ding........
"We didn't beat the Titans by 8 touchdowns" :229031_banghead:

You mean we're upset we didn't beat the backup QB at the Clink by multiple touchdowns and we're not upset?

Do you think Broncos fans were excited about their beating of Jacksonville?

Do you think they think they won't make the Superbowl if they don't improve?

Vpk0718

Reaction score
McGruff":3dwlez7g said:
Seeker":3dwlez7g said:
scoring under 90 points = seahawk fans crying. wth

Top 10 offense in both yards and scoring.

And this is with a banged up offensive line and going up against a solid defense in every game except Jacksonville, who they completely demolished. The only real problem is red zone execution, otherwise this offense is looking better than it did in the first half of last season, and should get into a rhythm later in the season.

Brahn

Reaction score
Brahn":1zt4zwvg said:
If you win enough of the small ones you get to play for the big one. People just need to stop thinking of each game as a playoff game. Do wins matter? Sure. Are they the final decider on who wins the big game? No way.

^What this awesome guy said.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10sp14h5 said:
The fact that they haven't played at the level that they are capable of, and are sitting at 5-1 is what makes this whole thing so cool. They are going to be a LOT better than they are right now.

This is the point I was trying to make!

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Seriously? All I wanted in the WORLD was a Seahawks win against the 49ers in week 2. Have we forgetten already how SWEET that was? I feel like some fans start to take wins for granted and expect them. When I first became a Hawks fan the team had Rick Mirer as a QB and won almost never. Can't we try to enjoy 5-1 and not over-fixate on the things we need to improve? Sure, the team isn't perfect. But, they're still improving and they're 5-1. How many NFL teams would love to trade with us and be 5-1 right now?

We're doing WELL. We haven't peaked, which is scary for all other teams, but we're winning. GO HAWKS.