Historical perspective...

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, in our Superb Owl season of 2005 we were 3-2 at this point.

;)

Erebus

Reaction score
Here's some more perspective.

98% of all Super Bowl winners lost at least one game during the regular season.

Only 50% of all undefeated teams in the regular season won the Super Bowl.

Only 40% of all 15-1 teams won the Super Bowl.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I still think we need the number 1 seed to get to new York. Nothing will change my mind

Greenhell

Reaction score
I missed the entire game because of work but I'm fine at 4-1 because it will be one of but a couple we'll lose the rest of the season. Bring on the Titans! GO HAWKS!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Crizilla":3uaj3w6h said:
I still think we need the number 1 seed to get to new York. Nothing will change my mind

The only positive is the Saints will be either the #1 or #2 seed baring an epic collapse to at least if we have to play there its a Dome and the weather wont have an effect.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":1o901vbu said:
That would definitely make it easier, but "need" is a bit strong. Our long streak of not winning playoff games on the road is ended. It has been demonstrated that we can do that.

But a bye and at least one home game would make things much easier, too.

There's a lot of football to play, but our guys will be ready come Sunday, as usual.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sutz":3mo7ro0d said:
Crizilla":3mo7ro0d said:
That would definitely make it easier, but "need" is a bit strong. Our long streak of not winning playoff games on the road is ended. It has been demonstrated that we can do that.

But a bye and at least one home game would make things much easier, too.

There's a lot of football to play, but our guys will be ready come Sunday, as usual.

Agreed. If we got a bye, then a home game, it's completely different than back to back East Coast road games at 10 am. If we win the division, but have the 2nd seed, all is not lost.

Hell, the Saints can lose a game at home as well.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Crizilla":qtmr5cok said:
You really think we NEED it? I think we've got a shooter's chance just getting into the playoffs at any seed. Of course it would be nice to just have to play two Clink playoff games to get to the big bowl.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Those stats make such an improvement to our pass protection. Great find!