Time for someone to get lit up (!!) Who?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm missing one (or more) but having watched hundreds of hours of football in '13, the mind is a blur and I can't recall our ferocious D really laying a signature hit on a ball carrier thus far this year. I mean, the kind that rattles bones and compromises masculinity (ala Kam on VD). Can anyone help me find my way through this fog?

Regardless, I think it's time for another. Luck isn't going to have much going to the outside, and you know he's going to target his Stanford sweetheart, Fleener, probably no less than 1/2 a dozen times. I am getting some sort of vibe (and I'm not even from California) that is telling me Fleener is going to get *rocked on Sunday. I'm thinking a flying, agro and well rested Irvin may be the delivery man. Anyone agree or have their own potential candidate in mind?

* Certainly not wishing cataclysmic harm to anyone. I hope for the potential victim to be active the following week.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The Boom IS overdue.... Brandon Browner seems about ready to slap someone around a little bit.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sherman had a pretty awesome hit- blowing up a screen pass against SF. IIRC correctly Bennett and Schofield had a few great TFL's this year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Lots of players due on this team.

Golden is due for a TD. Beast is due for his first 100 yd game this season. Browner is due for a pick. Wilson is due for his first great passing game this season. We are due for a special teams TD.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I think the closest to a signature hit (think Kam on VD and BB on Welker) from THIS year would be Avril smashing Schaub.

But we can do much much better.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think that the offense is due to light up an opposing defense. I still feel like we got a lot of talent on that side of the ball regardless of the injuries.

I do think Kam is due for a big game-changing hit. I hope we harass Luck and get about 5 picks just cause we can.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":o0gta5es said:
Lots of players due on this team.

We are due for a special teams TD.

...and it appears Tate is willing to run 100 yds to get it, too. LOL.

Damn, I was holding my breath when he brought that Houston punt out of the endzone. Great return and Tate is showing flashes of another great Golden Domer that once caught passes and returned punts in Oakland.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3avvcyz4 said:
I think the closest to a signature hit (think Kam on VD and BB on Welker) from THIS year would be Avril smashing Schaub.

But we can do much much better.

Aha...that deserves recognition indeed. Unfortunately, against Houston, I have to give the light up award to Mr. Cushing. Even Pete must have been proud of his student over the form perfect hit/tackle that dislodged the ball from the Beast. Absolute stud.

chris98251

Reaction score
Teams are playing more with their head on a swivel, they know something is coming when out there if they stand upright to long across the middle, I wonder how many passes have been shortarmed or the reception not gone after because of our reputation this season so far.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":10zyax9n said:
Teams are playing more with their head on a swivel, they know something is coming when out there if they stand upright to long across the middle, I wonder how many passes have been shortarmed or the reception not gone after because of our reputation this season so far.

Absolutely. This one reason I'm nominating fearless Fleener to get the wobbly leaner. Picture Bennett creating interior push with (insert DE here) coming off the edge. Luck must unload and what better target than the lanky Fleener? Irvin dissects the play perfectly and .... I hope for Fleener's full, eventual recovery. ; )

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1ag00l3g said:
Sherman had a pretty awesome hit- blowing up a screen pass against SF. IIRC correctly Bennett and Schofield had a few great TFL's this year.

Great example, but unfortunately overshadowed by Sherm getting train wrecked by SF's rookie TE. Perhaps on that same series?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The best hit so far is Tate on Lowery. On D, the hit from Sherm or Maxwell ragdolling Kyle Williams

[youtube]q2FU0KyvsJE[/youtube]

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
De-cleated. Mahalos Glove. That's the stuff helping me through this football induced fog...Go Dawgs!...er, Hawks. With my teams 8-0, it's all a bit surreal at this juncture. Dream-like.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":3afsxx90 said:

This x2. WRs be lookin like T-Rex.

Msfann

Reaction score
Part of the problem is the league is fining people for hits that appear to be clean now because they don't like the big hits. I know these guys make good money but not a lot of them can just piss away 20k every time they hit someone. If i was a player i would be thinking about that before unloading on someone.

Rocket

Reaction score
I dream of a game where the D is so physically imposing and brilliantly played that Carroll decides the O will continuously take a knee on every play just to showcase the D.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Msfann":hkyd9a99 said:
Part of the problem is the league is fining people for hits that appear to be clean now because they don't like the big hits. I know these guys make good money but not a lot of them can just piss away 20k every time they hit someone. If i was a player i would be thinking about that before unloading on someone.

A valid concern, in deed. But the fine (still) miniscule compared to the reward. When Kam's agent and JS sat down this past off-season, I'm guessing the hit on Vern dotted an I and crossed a T, in sealing the very lucrative deal for Kam...Kammmmm.

Kam should be sending VD X-mas cards.

Rocket

Reaction score
I dream of a game where the D is so physically imposing and brilliantly played that Carroll decides the O will continuously take a knee on every play just to showcase the D.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Rocket":1cov0a2u said:

Me too. I actually thought there might be a game this year where Pete would become the first modern day NFL coach to run the ball every single down. Jacksonville came and went...who next....49ers? ; )