Jaye Howard cut

themunn

Reaction score
A vote of confidence in either Brooks or Siliga. Maybe both

JKent82

Reaction score
Dang, was really he'd turn the corner as a quick pass rushing guy. His new weight he put on sounded promising, and I thought he looked pretty good early on. Mcdonald a lock now?

McGruff

Reaction score
Pretty surprised by this, especially in light of the Silaga news as well. Line is looking awfully thin.

Seaswab

Reaction score
So we're just going to play with no defensive line then, all Linebackers and corners

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Well the line is looking thin to the fans.. Obviously not to the front office.

kearly

Reaction score
Bad move, but I think I know why they did it. Howard's effort wasn't consistent and though his ability to anchor has improved by leaps and bounds, he doesn't play with the best technique and is more of a clogger than a closer in the run game. He was breaking into the backfield a TON though and that's why this move is dumb. Guys who can break into the backfield while having the ability to anchor are worth their weight in gold. Oh well.

I hope they give that spot to Brooks. I would be a little upset if Howard and Brooks get cut but Siliga stays. We need pass rushing depth more than run stuffers. I thought Siliga had a solid preseason for us in his two games, but he just seems extremely fringe athletically. He played decently well but gave off that "roster fodder" smell.

This is almost as surprising as the Mike Rob cut. I thought Howard was a lock, and maybe in the mix to start at some point this season. Not that I expect Howard to clear waivers but he does have both of his PS eligibility years remaining.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I am guessing they really like Brooks and that they like Mcdonald over Siliga (which I would personally agree with). Could possibly have something lined up with a D-lineman from another team too or a cut that has or they think will take place. All of that said, by the time I click submit on this post all of my theories will probably already be wrong lol.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":16q70lhm said:
Bad move, but I think I know why they did it. Howard's effort wasn't consistent and though his ability to anchor has improved by leaps and bounds, he doesn't play with the best technique and is more of a clogger than a closer in the run game. He was breaking into the backfield a TON though and that's why this move is dumb. Guys who can break into the backfield while having the ability to anchor are worth their weight in gold. Oh well.

I hope they give that spot to Brooks. I would be a little upset if Howard and Brooks get cut but Siliga stays. We need pass rushing depth more than run stuffers. I thought Siliga had a solid preseason for us in his two games, but he just seems extremely fringe athletically. He played decently well but gave off that "roster fodder" smell.

Siliga has been cut too.