Colin Cowherd on Russell Wilson.. Good stuff

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Here is something more recent. At about the 6:15 mark here he tells his thought about him on the Brock and Danny show. He is a fan.

grizbob

Reaction score
I've been forced to re-evaluate my opinion of that Cowherd guy :th2thumbs: :mrgreen:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cowherd knows football. Whether we like his opinions (as in this case) or not, the guy flat out knows football.

Subzero717

Reaction score
bestfightstory":48y40uvd said:
Cowherd knows football. Whether we like his opinions (as in this case) or not, the guy flat out knows football.

You have to be joking? You forgot sarcasm.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":sawt3az2 said:
bestfightstory":sawt3az2 said:

You have to be joking? You forgot sarcasm.

No. I really don't. And i didnt. And he made a lot of people a lot of money vs the spread last season.

hawker84

Reaction score
Cowherd has ties to the PNW.. He's a big Seahawk fan, and an even bigger RW fan.. Which I was suprised to find out, since he picked us to lose every playoff game and the SB in 2005... I'm not a fan, but it's good to hear he's a fan of RW and giving him some national love..

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawker84":1wlftqkc said:
Cowherd has ties to the PNW.. He's a big Seahawk fan, and an even bigger RW fan.. Which I was suprised to find out, since he picked us to lose every playoff game and the SB in 2005... I'm not a fan, but it's good to hear he's a fan of RW and giving him some national love..

Actually until Wilson caught fire he bashed the Hawks, Wilson and Carroll in particular every chance he got. His defense is that he grew up here so its okay. Funny thing is due to him being a radio guy working his way up he has lived all over and will do the same thing to other cities he has lived.

Herd knows very little about sports at all. He is a shock jock just a level ahead of Bayless. He doesn't actually watch sports very often. He relies on other ESPN analysts and piggy backs and regurgitated the crap they say and passes it off as his thought. Openly front run and slurps big media markets.

Cartire

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1f4h3ujw said:
hawker84":1f4h3ujw said:

Actually until Wilson caught fire he bashed the Hawks, Wilson and Carroll in particular every chance he got. His defense is that he grew up here so its okay. Funny thing is due to him being a radio guy working his way up he has lived all over and will do the same thing to other cities he has lived.

Herd knows very little about sports at all. He is a shock jock just a level ahead of Bayless. He doesn't actually watch sports very often. He relies on other ESPN analysts and piggy backs and regurgitated the crap they say and passes it off as his thought. Openly front run and slurps big media markets.

Yea, but he fully admitted he was wrong on his show. He didnt just change his tune without mentioning it. He said he was wrong and Wilson was the real deal and then began praising him nonstop.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2354y446 said:
hawker84":2354y446 said:

How do you know he doesnt watch sports often?

hawker84

Reaction score

i've listened to him since 2005... he knows sports and watches it all the time.. is he always right, no , but he knows his stuff.. the reason i said he's a hawk fan is during our 2005 SB run, he admitted he's a hawk fan because he's from the area, but could not go with them as his pick for various reasons.. mainly we're Seattle, all we do is choke.. Not sure where you're getting your info, but ill respectfully disagree...

ivotuk

Reaction score
I listen to him all the time and he is a Seahawk fan. He only bashed them as some sort of mode of self-defense. He has a persona to protect because it makes him money.

He is probably the most powerful radio host at ESPN and he makes them a lot of money.

When Colin makes his game predictions, it moves the Vegas line, every week. That is no bull.

Nobody came close to Colin Cowherd's NFL predictions last year, the guy was phenomenal.

He is a workaholic and watches games, listens to them, records and reviews them, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 6 TVs, all with different game on all at once.

I'm pretty sure that during football season he records every football game and watches every one, then rewatches every one. He and Russell Wilson should watch film together some time. I'm being serious because they could teach each other a thing or two.

Much respect for the guy, Colin Cowherd is not afraid to say politically incorrect things and I've wanted to stand up and cheer sometimes when he does so.

And I understand why he is the way he is, he has a business to run.

kearly

Reaction score
I think I've generally agreed with everything I've heard Cowherd say regarding the NFL, though I do think he puts too much stock in "sports talk" type topics sometimes. One of them being that Pete Carroll isn't an attention to detail guy- which implies that Pete is somehow at fault for Reggie Bush taking money or for his NFL players taking Adderall. Nonsense.

Pete isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer with his in game decisions at times, but I would never call the NFL's best halftime adjuster someone that lacks attention to detail.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I agree with most of what Cowherd has said. He knows his stuff, and like BFS said, he was insane against the spread last year. Basically, he took emotion out of his decisions which is something that most fans can't do.

As for the attention to detail thing Kearly, most of what Colin has said about that is sloppy execution and the rash of untimely penalties we seem to have. He was saying guys like Holmgren were more detail guys and didn't let their teams get highly penalized. He also looked back to USC and said mostly the same thing, that his teams were insanely talented but lacked discipline. He does have a point; lots of USC guys get drafted highly then wash out in the NFL....work ethic and lack of detail could explain a lot. It's a theory ,but not an unsound one.

He also did admit to being wrong on Wilson, and once he jumped on board, he drove the bandwagon bus. He pushed for WIlson to be OROY and basically annointed him our franchise QB by around week 12.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think what maybe some don't get about Herd is he looks at the Vegas line and takes the favorite. How often is Vegas wrong? Does he move a line sure? Didn't dispute that. He looks at the paper fir the Hiktin line and spews it as his prediction.

As far as him watching sports he admits he doesn't watch that much. SVP and Russilo call him on it all the time. This is a guy that said Aaron Rodgers sucked because he hadn't won a plyoff game. Anyone that would have watched him that season or in the shootout against Az in the playoffs wouldn't say something so foolish except for Bayless. Its a lazy argument. This is also a guy that said the college playoff should start wherever USC ends up. If that's 32 then 32 teams play in the playoff. What?

I love what he said about Wilson but really, he said that for reaction In NY, Pitt, SF, LA. That's how he gets ratings. I also don't get how you can agree with what he says when it changes every other week. He is an SC and a Patriots fan today. He will tell you he roots for because....... and then bashes the crap out of them.

Subzero717

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1cwdoihs said:
CALIHAWK1":1cwdoihs said:
hawker84":1cwdoihs said:

How do you know he doesnt watch sports often?

He has admitted it. I will dig something up. As stated before it is documented. Van Pelt and Rusilo bring it up.

Here is this. I'll look again but I honestly haven't listened to dude for a few years because he is Bayless to me. This is his opinion on Harbaugh. Apparently the cupboard was bare in SF and it's all JH. He also slips in a Carroll bash. I don't know if Carroll blew him off or something but Carroll was awesome before he left SC and now Kiffin is the Mesiah and Carroll was a cheat while Kiffin does everything the right way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1rO2fki7E

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ixguq0l said:
I think what maybe some don't get about Herd is he looks at the Vegas line and takes the favorite. How often is Vegas wrong? Does he move a line sure? Didn't dispute that. He looks at the paper fir the Hiktin line and spews it as his prediction.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about. You're just making stuff up.

I love it when people who know nothing about sports wagering talk like they do.

His picks are AGAINST THE SPREAD!!!!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?stor ... rc=desktop

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The thing is... where did the NFL100 rank Luck and Griffin. Marshawn was 24th and both Luck and Griffin were supposedly ranked ahead.

All I know is that top 5 QB isn't that far off for Russell Wilson, he was a top 3 QB in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

I would almost guarantee it if Wilson had the luxury to start 2012 off-season in full command of the Seahawks without Flynn or Jackson taking 2/3rd of the snaps, and the team loosened the leash and let Russell Wilson be Russell Wilson, no one would be talking about Griffin and Luck as much.

IMO if Wilson would have been in control from the very start, and he had that necessary chemistry, he easily could have thrown for 3, 500+ yards with 30+ TDs last season.

But Tarvaris Jackson held Russell Wilson back. Matt Flynn held Russell Wilson back. Finding chemistry with his WRs held Russell Wilson back . Earning the respect of his teammates held Russell Wilson back. Pete Carroll held Russell Wilson back.

Because of that Seahawks were a 4-4 team, once Russell Wilson was allowed to be Russell Wilson the Seahawks were a 8-2 team.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":vbu411lp said:
The thing is... where did the NFL100 rank Luck and Griffin. Marshawn was 24th and both Luck and Griffin were supposedly ranked ahead.

All I know is that top 5 QB isn't that far off for Russell Wilson, he was a top 3 QB in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

I would almost guarantee it if Wilson had the luxury to start 2012 off-season in full command of the Seahawks without Flynn or Jackson taking 2/3rd of the snaps, and the team loosened the leash and let Russell Wilson be Russell Wilson, no one would be talking about Griffin and Luck as much.

IMO if Wilson would have been in control from the very start, and he had that necessary chemistry, he easily could have thrown for 3, 500+ yards with 30+ TDs last season.

But Tarvaris Jackson held Russell Wilson back. Matt Flynn held Russell Wilson back. Finding chemistry with his WRs held Russell Wilson back . Earning the respect of his teammates held Russell Wilson back. Pete Carroll held Russell Wilson back.

Because of that Seahawks were a 4-4 team, once Russell Wilson was allowed to be Russell Wilson the Seahawks were a 8-2 team.

You, sir, are a fine addition to this forum. Bravo.

Subzero717

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3sspzdu9 said:
CALIHAWK1":3sspzdu9 said:

You don't have any idea what you are talking about. You're just making stuff up.

I love it when people who know nothing about sports wagering talk like they do.

His picks are AGAINST THE SPREAD!!!!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?stor ... rc=desktop

Look at his postseason record where you can't move a line as a shock jock.