Tony McDaniel vs. James Carenter

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Carp will be a pro-bowler this year (but won't go because of the whole SB thing)

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Super Bowl? Isn't it that one game that features like two teams or something at the end of the playoffs?

nwgamer

Reaction score
I am not certain I understand your question? A you referring to Tony McDaniel our FA DT acquisition vs JC our LG battling in TC?

themunn

Reaction score
nwgamer":s9gab7gk said:
I am not certain I understand your question? A you referring to Tony McDaniel our FA DT acquisition vs JC our LG battling in TC?

Well they'll probably square up in the trenches

WHO YOU GOT?

they are both massive massive guys

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Carp has 2 problems ( I am excluding the injury) he carries too much fat and his footwork. At tackle he had a terrible time keeping his feet under himself with quick edge rushers. He was too be blunt to fat and slow. It was a whole different ball game at guard. He had a much smaller area to protect or push against in runs. He kept his feet under himself much more. He will never be a great pass blocker due to his footwork ( too narrow of a base and he tends to get on his heels too much to move quicker. ) He will however better than average. He will be excellent as he has shown in the past in run blocking. In film he often gets to the second level in his blocks.

Bottom line a guy that stayed in Seattle all off season working out (diet too I expect) shows dedication. I think he will be a pleasant surprise to the doubters and help make the left side of the line 2nd to none. The caveat is the knee is sound.

Against McDaniel? My bet is on Carp, I have a lot of faith in his tools.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
And as far as the injury situation with him goes, okung started off in a similar way and look how that turned out
The level of competition is crazy
His footwork could improve
The win forever philosophy is positive reinforcement at every phase so they will give him every opportunity and work with him to get better
Carp is a big boy and looked to be in much better shape last year than the year before and I'm not sure anybody can push him around in run blocking

McGruff

Reaction score
Lets see . . . Carpenter will start, McDaniel won't even make the roster.

I'll got wi Carp.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I would love to see Carp improve his pass blocking, but even more I would like to see him stay healthy for more than a couple games. IMO he has a lot to prove this season and with Pete's mantra of competition, he's gotta be feeling a little heat here.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm with McGruff, my hope is that McDaniel isn't on the roster- That the young guys show their worth and McDaniel and McDonald are shown the door. At least 1 of them I hope. I'd love to see Howard, Williams, Hill, Scruggs all on the roster come SEPT.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
carpenter would own mcdaniel at a rousing game of Jenga.

Latest posts