Bears fan here..I come in peace

The Radish

Reaction score
Can't really argue with any of those picks either way. Thanks for the info.

I have a question, is Curt Warner still a GM Dealer in the Seattle area?

Oh,,,and welcome to Seahawks.net

:les:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wilson, Thomas, Sherman and Okung are definitely in play to unseat Hutchinson and Warner within the next two years. Wags as well if he continues to play as well he did his rookie year. Even Chancellor and Irvin have the upside to do it.

Really puts the drafting success of this PC/JS in perspective vs. years past. Not that we didn't already know.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Radish":vbw7r5ii said:

I dunno about GM in Seattle but he had a Chevy dealership in Vancouver, WA which he sold a few years ago.

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
for what it's worth guys, I have always respected the Seahawks organization.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would have put Kenny Easley in there for one of the best draft picks, but as you can tell I am biased. It is a toss-up on who would come off the list. Probably Warner.

Owen Gill was a second round pick in a year none of the draft picks made the team, so not sure I would count him as one of the worse. Kelly Jennings could slide in that list.

EDIT: And welcome Bears fan. I should go see who they have for the Bears all-time best and worse.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":1ea6qpjj said:

No, I bought a used car from that dealership, just a coincedence as they had the car I was looking for at the time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobby Douglas has to be on the worst list, Butkus and Sayers, Payton, Singletary, have to be at least 4 on best pick.

Atradees

Reaction score
Hello.

We don't get to play the Bears this year.

How do feel about the Bears coaching changes?

How will this impact your draft?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":1iks9oqk said:
I would have put Kenny Easley in there for one of the best draft picks, but as you can tell I am biased. It is a toss-up on who would come off the list. Probably Warner.

Owen Gill was a second round pick in a year none of the draft picks made the team, so not sure I would count him as one of the worse. Kelly Jennings could slide in that list.

EDIT: And welcome Bears fan. I should go see who they have for the Bears all-time best and worse.
Kenny Easley was the shiznit before it was cool. The man dominated the game from the Safety position!

chris98251

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":1tdyxdtp said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160145/article/chicago-bears-best-and-worst-draft-picks

^^here's the Bears list, guys, since you were asking about it. I have to admit that while I KNEW Enis was going to be a BUST, I actually thought McNown would be good NFL QB...shows you how much I know...:(

Well the writer forgot about the history of the Bears I think, all the players are from the modern era. Great picks and choices from this era, but the Bears have a long and successful history prior to Mike Ditka coaching.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I've always kept an eye on the Bears, welcome. My uncle in law is a huge Bears fan, as is one of my best friends from college. Frankly, I feel right now that the Bears ownership is holding the team back... was baffled at Lovie Smith being fired.

drdiags

Reaction score
For the Bears, what about that lineman they drafted a few years ago? Chris Williams I think. He got hurt his first year and was bounced around the line. I think he is still with the Bears but he was picked at #17 or so if my mind is clear. I am sure if the writers went back in time they could find some whoppers out there for numerous teams.

Bobby Douglass was not very good. He would have been a heck of a safety though. He was tough as nails just couldn't throw a lick.

I think one of the worse picks for the Seahawks was Andre Hines, whom they picked in the second round but it was due to a case of mistaken identity. During the Jack Patera days. Pretty funny story now, but not then.

EDIT: I see Chris Williams played for the Rams last year. He was the 14th pick in the 2008 draft.

drdiags

Reaction score
How could the writer not have Sayers and Butkus on the all-time list? Both are in the HOF and were picked in the same year. Definitely starting to feel some age bias on part of the writers.

kearly

Reaction score
Decent list. I totally get having McGwire #1. Not only was he awful (worse than Mirer), but Seattle passed on Brett Favre to take him. Over Chuck Knox's furious objections. Not really sure why Owen Gill made the list. Seattle has had numerous 2nd round picks flame out. I wouldn't have included K-Rob. He had his struggles, but he actually produced and played in the NFL for something like 8 or 9 seasons. Any WR that posts a 1200+ receiving season shouldn't make an all-time bust list.

Curry would be my #1 bust. He was a stupid pick at the time which I (and a few others) were adamant about when it happened (even the very best 4-3 OLB in the NFL isn't worth $60 million).* That pick only looked worse with time when he turned into one of our worst, most penalty prone players. His attitude issues and his ripping the team on twitter while still being a Seahawk pretty much sealed his status at #1 for me. On the plus side, one of the picks we got for Curry turned into JR Sweezy, who I think has a very bright future, and we have an early 5th coming in this draft from the Curry deal as well.

As far as the 5 best picks, it's a good list. Not joking, I'd have Wilson #1 today. What else do you need to see from the guy? He's not going to regress. He might get hurt and become an injury bust, but that strikes me as extremely unlikely.

*Need any more proof that Tim Ruskell was an incompetent GM? He actually fought at the negotiating table about getting a 6th year on Curry's contract, for $10 million, then bragged about it. Even if Curry had been a great pick, there's no way having him an extra year for $10 million is a good thing from a cap management standpoint. This from the guy that didn't want to give Hutch $7 million a year.

Axx

Reaction score
Richard Sherman should be on that list next after the 12th man retires his jersey.