Bears fan here..I come in peace

Rat

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":kcgwphy2 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160145/article/chicago-bears-best-and-worst-draft-picks

^^here's the Bears list, guys, since you were asking about it. I have to admit that while I KNEW Enis was going to be a BUST, I actually thought McNown would be good NFL QB...shows you how much I know...:(
That McNown thing was weird. I forget who your coach was that the time, but it had to really disrupt the offensive rhythm to bring in McNown every couple of series just to get him reps. I've never seen a team do that before. Also didn't help that, among QBs not named Leaf, McNown was as big of a POS as the league has seen. Hard to blame anyone on that team for not wanting to play for him. He makes Jay Cutler look like Peyton Manning on the like-ability scale.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3ahjte5y said:
Decent list. I totally get having McGwire #1. Not only was he awful (worse than Mirer), but Seattle passed on Brett Favre to take him. Over Chuck Knox's furious objections. Not really sure why Owen Gill made the list. Seattle has had numerous 2nd round picks flame out. I wouldn't have included K-Rob. He had his struggles, but he actually produced and played in the NFL for something like 8 or 9 seasons. Any WR that posts a 1200+ receiving season shouldn't make an all-time bust list.

Curry would be my #1 bust. He was a stupid pick at the time which I (and a few others) were adamant about when it happened (even the very best 4-3 OLB in the NFL isn't worth $60 million).* That pick only looked worse with time when he turned into one of our worst, most penalty prone players. His attitude issues and his ripping the team on twitter while still being a Seahawk pretty much sealed his status at #1 for me. On the plus side, one of the picks we got for Curry turned into JR Sweezy, who I think has a very bright future, and we have an early 5th coming in this draft from the Curry deal as well.

As far as the 5 best picks, it's a good list. Not joking, I'd have Wilson #1 today. What else do you need to see from the guy? He's not going to regress. He might get hurt and become an injury bust, but that strikes me as extremely unlikely.

*Need any more proof that Tim Ruskell was an incompetent GM? He actually fought at the negotiating table about getting a 6th year on Curry's contract, for $10 million, then bragged about it. Even if Curry had been a great pick, there's no way having him an extra year for $10 million is a good thing from a cap management standpoint. This from the guy that didn't want to give Hutch $7 million a year.
You better find some wood to knock on. Like... now.

Sac

Reaction score
At about 7:45 of the new Real Rob video you'll see peeps commenting on the best Seattle pick ever. And he just waves it off.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3pz1gnnu said:
Decent list. I totally get having McGwire #1. Not only was he awful (worse than Mirer), but Seattle passed on Brett Favre to take him. Over Chuck Knox's furious objections. Not really sure why Owen Gill made the list. Seattle has had numerous 2nd round picks flame out. I wouldn't have included K-Rob. He had his struggles, but he actually produced and played in the NFL for something like 8 or 9 seasons. Any WR that posts a 1200+ receiving season shouldn't make an all-time bust list.

Curry would be my #1 bust. He was a stupid pick at the time which I (and a few others) were adamant about when it happened (even the very best 4-3 OLB in the NFL isn't worth $60 million).* That pick only looked worse with time when he turned into one of our worst, most penalty prone players. His attitude issues and his ripping the team on twitter while still being a Seahawk pretty much sealed his status at #1 for me. On the plus side, one of the picks we got for Curry turned into JR Sweezy, who I think has a very bright future, and we have an early 5th coming in this draft from the Curry deal as well.

As far as the 5 best picks, it's a good list. Not joking, I'd have Wilson #1 today. What else do you need to see from the guy? He's not going to regress. He might get hurt and become an injury bust, but that strikes me as extremely unlikely.

*Need any more proof that Tim Ruskell was an incompetent GM? He actually fought at the negotiating table about getting a 6th year on Curry's contract, for $10 million, then bragged about it. Even if Curry had been a great pick, there's no way having him an extra year for $10 million is a good thing from a cap management standpoint. This from the guy that didn't want to give Hutch $7 million a year.
Tim Ruskell had a linebacker fetish. He even filled Hill's purse after the guy smoked so much weed he passed out at a traffic light. Agreed, worst pick.