Custom Elite Jersey from nflshop.com anyone buy one?

gspin2k1

Reaction score
I am debating on getting a custom Elite Jersey from nflshop.com. Wondering if anyone has already bought one from there? If so could you post pictures of it? I'm curious how the custom name/lettering compares to that of the pre-made ones. As I know sometimes the customs end up with smaller numbers/lettering. Also would be curious to see if the shoulder stripes on the custom are like the re-made premade ones where it lines up with the flywire because online it still shows the stock photo of the first version (where the shoulder stripe drop below the flywire like the current gameday and limited jerseys).

Thanks

FormerEvil

Reaction score
I bought a Wilson #3 custom in August. It's amazing and worth every penny. Same jersey that's on the field. Numbers, details and lettering are perfect.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
The "Elite" jersey fom the NFL Proshop is the same exact jerseys the players wear, won't find a better jersey, just expensive.

Only problem I see is that as of the writing of this post, the only size available is the largest, 60, so unless you are that big you are out of luck until new stock arrives.

Good luck.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I want a legit jersey with the puffy sleeves and everything. They'd look badass and the closest to the field jerseys. The shoulder design looks silly with those long sleeves.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I wanted to get one with Largent 80 on it. It won't let me...

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
Yea they only have size 60s available cause I've been wanting to get a Wilson jersey and since they don't have any of the elite Wilsons yet I thought I'd just pay more for the custom one but no luck.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2ouz8lhm said:
I bought a Wilson #3 custom in August. It's amazing and worth every penny. Same jersey that's on the field. Numbers, details and lettering are perfect.

How does it fit? I heard its quite form fitting.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Just to clarify. The elite jerseys are NOT what's on the field. Those are on-field jerseys (and will actually say "on field" on the tags, you can see it whenever they have pictures of the auctioned game-worn jerseys vs the Elite/Gameday/Limited sold in store) and are customized to specific players (scrunchy/puffy arms, scrunchy waist band, tight waist, non tight waist, short vs elongated torso depending on the player). But regardless Elites are pretty much the closest thing we can get to whats on the field outside of buying an actual game-worn (and it sucks that the cheapest ones are about $500 and that's for a third string bencher, $1k-$3k for anyone who actually starts).

But yeah just seeing how the customized nflshop ones compare to the premade elite jerseys. i.e. I bought a premade elite jersey from the proshop and then bought one directly from nike.com. The one from Nike for whatever reason had much smaller lettering/numbering (on the back the numbers fit in the box, where as the one from the proshop actually expanded outside of the box a little). So I mailed that one back. I was thinking about picking up a Wagner Customized Elite or even Wilson (since I'm growing VERY tired of waiting for Nike to mass produce the elite ones), but yeah not sure how the custom lettering/numbers from nflshop compare to the premade Nike ones.

FormerEvil - Since you're the only one here who confirmed you actually bought a customized elite from nflshop. You mind taking pictures of the front/back and posting it :).

FormerEvil

Reaction score
It fits great. I'm not a big guy though. 5'10" 165lbs. I grabbed a medium (40 or 44) I believe.. would have to check when I get home.. It's certainly not baggy but not so form fitting that it's uncomfortable and I can still put a sweatshirt on underneath when it's cold. Honestly - it's the best fitting jersey I've ever owned. I'd buy another one in an instant if they were available.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3td4yhmd said:
FormerEvil":3td4yhmd said:

How does it fit? I heard its quite form fitting.

- I have a worn a 44 and 48 in the elite. and have a gameday in the XL.

- The 44 fits like a T-Shirt size Large

- The 48 fits like a T-Shirt size XL

- The gameday in XL is just baggy as hell almost like a XXL T-Shirt IMO. I'd assume the Limited are about the same.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
gspin2k1":1cliq9rq said:
Just to clarify. The elite jerseys are NOT what's on the field. Those are on-field jerseys (and will actually say "on field" on the tags, you can see it whenever they have pictures of the auctioned game-worn jerseys vs the Elite/Gameday/Limited sold in store) and are customized to specific players (scrunchy/puffy arms, scrunchy waist band, tight waist, non tight waist, short vs elongated torso depending on the player). But regardless Elites are pretty much the closest thing we can get to whats on the field outside of buying an actual game-worn (and it sucks that the cheapest ones are about $500 and that's for a third string bencher, $1k-$3k for anyone who actually starts).

But yeah just seeing how the customized nflshop ones compare to the premade elite jerseys. i.e. I bought a premade elite jersey from the proshop and then bought one directly from nike.com. The one from Nike for whatever reason had much smaller lettering/numbering (on the back the numbers fit in the box, where as the one from the proshop actually expanded outside of the box a little). So I mailed that one back. I was thinking about picking up a Wagner Customized Elite or even Wilson (since I'm growing VERY tired of waiting for Nike to mass produce the elite ones), but yeah not sure how the custom lettering/numbers from nflshop compare to the premade Nike ones.

FormerEvil - Since you're the only one here who confirmed you actually bought a customized elite from nflshop. You mind taking pictures of the front/back and posting it :).

I'll take some when I get home from work. - No problem - Check back later tonight.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
gspin2k1":tm43g4av said:

Thought this might clear some things up as well about the quality of this jersey..

6ozes6

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2xdhrpu6 said:

Man this looks slick. I'm holding out to see which ones are offered for 2013, but now I'm definitely going to pick one up.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics FormerEvil:

Interesting. I'll post up pics of my Lynch ones both from the Proshop. I've actually had three:

First One - The Seahawks stripes were actually below the flywire (like the current gameday/limited jerseys), but also had extremely thick tack on it (high quality IMO), but they also started to crack from excessive stretching (bought one size too small cus they had no other sizes at the time).

Second One - Proshop replaced the above one because of the cracking tack. And the shoulder stripes meet at the flywire just like the ones in your picture. Tack was much thinner then the first elite jersey I bought my guess was to prevent the cracking I got on my first released one. lettering/numbering same size as first one.

Third One - Bought to replace second one (got it signed, so time to put it on wall). This one unlike the first two were not Custom Elites, and was a premade Lynch by Nike (sold from proshop). Numbers/lettering thinner than first and second one. Tack also even thinner (my gut tells me Nike was trying to save even more $).

Anyway, yeah the numbering on the back of my 2nd and 3rd one actually break the box a little (especially the first and second one), but the one time I tried to order a premade one directly from Nike (#12 fan) the two numbers were so much smaller they stayed within the box like yours, but unlike yours were two small numbers (if you can picture it) vs your one big one.

Also note: Seahawks Proshop just started selling custom elite home/alternate jerseys (no away yet). But for $340!!! I mean with STH discount it's about the same as NFL shop, but still...kind of crappy their sticker price on them.

I'll get pics of my jerseys out for comparison tonight if any of you are interested.

Edit2: Also forgot to mention as the Season went on and I got the different jerseys. The material on the Elites I also noticed started getting marginally thinner. Again making me wonder if Nike started changing vendors/suppliers to save some $ here and there. Because $250-$300/jersey isn't enough profit in their eyes.

p.s. I assume yours was bought straight from the Proshop, $330 I think cus they were all custom elites at the time.

- Bottomline: It bugs me there are so many differences between the different Nike Elite Seahawks jerseys depending on when/where you bought them, despite them all being authentic (and not from straight out of China eBay store).

FormerEvil

Reaction score
I bought mine from NFLShop.com. Never had an issue. I was 299 plus tax. But worth it. I wash mine all the time (inside out and hang dry it). No crackling or blemishes of any kind. If you're really into it, just wait til nflshop gets more sizes and pony up for the best. It won't disappoint. ...and for what it's worth - these jerseys are produced in Honduras - legitimately.

Basis4day

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2ixfezn6 said:
gspin2k1":2ixfezn6 said:

Thought this might clear some things up as well about the quality of this jersey..

6ozes6

Except it totally does.

Latest posts