Custom Elite Jersey from nflshop.com anyone buy one?

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
FormerEvil: you're right my mistake. The Elite's do say "On Field" on the tag which is what the game-worns say. But for whatever reason my first jersey said "Elite" on the tag. So either things got switched, or I'm just losing my damn mind.

Anyway here are some pics to make some nice comparisons of the Premade Nike Elite Lynch vs Custom Elite Lynch From Proshop. Both are authentic as I bought both from the proshop and not from eBay.

-Comparison of Front (Premade Nike on Left)
Sidebyside
Note: Numbering on right jersey slightly bigger, coloring may be off due to washing, wearing, or actual jersey material (which is also feels stiffer)

-Comparison of back (premade Nike on left)
Numberscomparison
Note: Numbering on Custom is thicker/wider.

-Lettering Comparison (Premade on Left)
http://s125.photobucket.com/user/gspin2 ... sort=3&o=0
Note: Difference in stitching and actual size of the letters themselves

-Comparison of shoulder numbering (Premade Nike on Left)
Topcomparison
Note: sizing about same between the two, but stitching is different as well actual material of the number

-Comparison of Numbers on front (Premade on left)
Stitchingcomp
Note: Custom numbering is wider, different material, coloring also slightly different (Premade Nike more reflective where as custom is more matte), as well as edge stitching.

-Premade Jersey Tag
Premadetag

-Custom Jersey Tag
Customtag
note: stitching through the tag, i guess because they take the name plate off to stitch the name on, then re-stitch the nameplate on the jersey.

Anyway those are the comparisons. FormerEvil yours appears to be the Custom Elite like mine from the Proshop. Curious what the nflshop.com ones look like. Really bugs the crap out of me how these are all the "same" jerseys, yet completely different.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Basis4day":2sbq1jju said:
FormerEvil":2sbq1jju said:
gspin2k1":2sbq1jju said:
Just to clarify. The elite jerseys are NOT what's on the field. Those are on-field jerseys (and will actually say "on field" on the tags, you can see it whenever they have pictures of the auctioned game-worn jerseys vs the Elite/Gameday/Limited sold in store) and are customized to specific players (scrunchy/puffy arms, scrunchy waist band, tight waist, non tight waist, short vs elongated torso depending on the player). But regardless Elites are pretty much the closest thing we can get to whats on the field outside of buying an actual game-worn (and it sucks that the cheapest ones are about $500 and that's for a third string bencher, $1k-$3k for anyone who actually starts).

But yeah just seeing how the customized nflshop ones compare to the premade elite jerseys. i.e. I bought a premade elite jersey from the proshop and then bought one directly from nike.com. The one from Nike for whatever reason had much smaller lettering/numbering (on the back the numbers fit in the box, where as the one from the proshop actually expanded outside of the box a little). So I mailed that one back. I was thinking about picking up a Wagner Customized Elite or even Wilson (since I'm growing VERY tired of waiting for Nike to mass produce the elite ones), but yeah not sure how the custom lettering/numbers from nflshop compare to the premade Nike ones.

FormerEvil - Since you're the only one here who confirmed you actually bought a customized elite from nflshop. You mind taking pictures of the front/back and posting it :).

Thought this might clear some things up as well about the quality of this jersey..

6ozes6

Except it totally does.

- My mistake on the "On Field" of the tag. However there is one major thing that separates the Elite jersey vs what the players wear. Although the proshop claims that what the game-worns are Elite jerseys that are custom tailored to have scrunchy/puffy arms/waists, etc.

V4v6t1 - FormerEvil's Jersey Neck/Flywire = which also matches my two Elite jerseys

compare Golden Tate jersey Game-Worn

large_e559a56a-f49d-4cab-bbe0-c01bf2a3de27.jpg

Marshawn Lynch Game worn
large_f66af195-47e2-4ade-8b40-e16695d7100e.jpg

note: Flywire on the game-worns are much longer than the Elite jerseys sold in store. Also the Seahawks Shoulder Stripe/Tack doesn't quite meet 1:1 with the Flywire on the Elites like it does on the game worns.

^ Leaves me to believe as Nike states - Elite jerseys = "Closest" thing to what's on the field, but it's not :(. Which is lame considering the damn jersey still costs like $250-$300 and I'm sure it only costs Nike $10 to make.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Like I said - mine WAS purchased online at nflshop.com. Custom Wilson #3. If you do decide to go custom again, I wold highly recommend getting it from nflshop.com. It just seems that they take a bit more care when attaching letters and numbering. All the stitches are done by "qualified" people as well instead of proshop employees. Slight differences probably not a big deal but for those ocd people out there it makes a difference ;)

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2muss6ng said:
Like I said - mine WAS purchased online at nflshop.com. Custom Wilson #3. If you do decide to go custom again, I wold highly recommend getting it from nflshop.com. It just seems that they take a bit more care when attaching letters and numbering. All the stitches are done by "qualified" people as well instead of proshop employees. Slight differences probably not a big deal but for those ocd people out there it makes a difference ;)

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
guys I want to thank everyone for all the info. I hope this is also helpful for those who are trying to buy the jersey themselves in the future!

Latest posts