Instant Reaction: Rate the Harvin trade

I feel the Harvin trade was:

• A masterstroke: Harvin is easily worth the price

Votes: 118 39.2%
  • It's very expensive, but Harvin makes good sense

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Given the high cost, this deal should probably "break even" overall.

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • Why not Revis or maybe Suh instead? Harumph!

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • This is the Deion Branch trade all over again.

Votes: 14 4.7%

• Total voters

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They took what they knew was a great player with their first pick and a few more. I'm so excited over this. Harvin and Wilson are going to be incredible.

I am STOKED.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's expensive, but if they think he is the missing piece for the offense it is worth it.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Who is the maroon that voted for Deon Branch all over again?

bellingerga

Reaction score
Well worth the price, In my opinion.

A very young, VERY talented, multi-faceted player, who seems to me to just need a change of scenery.

Also, who knows how our first pick would have panned out? Could have been a bust, could have taken years to develop. Atleast we know what we have here, and it's worth it to me.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is a playmaker. Bubble screens , pistol with him and kickoffs. Can't wait for camp to see these guys

mistaowen

Reaction score
Like it has been pointed out a few times in the main thread, what we gave up is essentially for an early 20's pick. At this point in his career as he moves into his prime, there is no way he lasts that long in said hypothetical draft. Money talks are going to happen and it may mean cutting some loose ends and trimming the fat off others, but we have a top 10 'talent' on the offensive side of the ball who can change the outcome of a game in one play.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like adding Harvin for Wilson to use now and hopefully Harvin/Wilson stay together for many years. Pete and John are going all in for Wilson now, Harvin is young and adding him now gives Seattle more options at WR. In terms of value, if Harvin is healthy enough to play in the play-offs and puts our passing game over the top in terms of defeating anything San Fran comes up with then win/win.

No other WR we could have added from trades or FA offers the age upside along with home run threat each time the ball is in his hands.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Given not only the picks, contract cost,(which affects who we are able to resign) injury history, and attitude issues(attacking and berating your coaches is not a non issue) I feel its hopefully a break even type deal. I feel he is ideal for this offense( I was really hoping Tavon would fall to us, probably unrealistically, and be used in this role). I think Bevell will be able to make great use of him and our offense will be much harder to stop. I understand it from that point and I'm sure once the season starts and he is making plays everyone will be I told you so about it but I think this team will have serious cap issues when we are trying to resign our secondary and especially when we start contract negotiations with Wilson in 2 years.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
He also has worked with Darrel Bevell. Should be a great feature. Working with Sidney again. We are going to have a powerful offense. Hoping the D-line gets a boost

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Looking at the draft chart, it's like trading the 21st pick overall. It seems a fair trade. However, I really have to say that this answer is incomplete - if the contract is bad, the trade is bad.

I think they'll go high on the overall dollar amount and lower on the guaranteed money. Maybe something like 5/75 but only 14-17M of that is guaranteed.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It was a coup. We got a proven top tier talent for the price of a couple prospects. Easy peasy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Even this contrarian would be a churl to ignore Harvin's talent.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I give it an A++. If i could pick any players from the league to put onto the Seahawks to help them get better Harvin would have been in the top 10 of that list.

I couldnt care less about the price tag. There's always ways to manage and massage the cap to get done what you need to get done.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think it may be a possibility that Rice is gone, this year or more likely next, thus the re-signing of the young players would be significantly less of a problem. I'd expect the Seahawks to draft a tall/fast WR in the mid-late rounds this year as a potential replacement for Rice - this year & possibly next year as well. Just my opinion.

themunn

Reaction score
I voted for the idea of "why not Revis or Suh instead", but not the actual players... well Suh I'd be happy with, not so much Revis - I'm just not convinced WR is the position of need we thought it was even in October - yes there were times Wilson struggled to find an open man, but he also finished the season with 22 TD passes in 11 games (including playoffs) as a rookie, where he faced not 1, not 2, not 3 or 4 but FIVE top 10 pass defenses (seven that finished in the top 10 (11 really, as the 10th placed teams tied) in receiving TDs allowed - even more impressive when you consider we finished third).

It's reasonable to believe that number would have increased without Harvin anyway, a 35-40 passing TD season not unreasonable to imagine.

I would much rather have spent that pick and salary beefing up our real areas of weakness (the defensive line and Leroy Hill replacement) than on Harvin.
There's not a single game from the road 49ers game onwards that I thought we lost because of our offense.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Wanted this guy ever since Pete talked him up so much. I couldn't be happier right NOW and we still have free agency tomorrow and the draft after that. This thing is really taking shape.

Latest posts