offseason takes a toll on us all,i took it to another level

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • its not quite done yet, my arm started swelling, thought i'd share
    Also id like to explain. im Cherokee, all the tattoos on that arm are related back to Cherokee history/culture, even if its loosely tied in.
    A Hawk is a sacred animal, so i was getting a hawk, and wanted to put my own twist on it, thats why it has a seahawks logo head, but the neck goes the more realistic route.

Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

• that's bad ass!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Niceeee!
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Something about the way that appears to be shaded or the angles make that look better than our actual logo, IMO. Shit you not. Nice work.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Which part is the upper arm?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• awesome!! congrats on that sweet ink!

between 50 hours of real work and 20+ hours of band "work" I've been trying to find a time to get more hawks ink every week for the last 5 months..kinda hard to find someone at normal rates that works outside of the 10am-10pm time slot(edit) and isn't a sloppy "this is just like drawing/painting" artiste..
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• great tat dude. Love it
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Nice!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Very cool. I've always been very proud of the Cherokee blood that runs through my veins, no matter how small. (My Great-Great grandfather was a Chief so I have been told)...Been meaning to get a Seahawk tat for like, forever...I think your pic put me over the edge.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Those look incredibly similar to some Polynesian tattoos - specifically Samoan & Hawaiian. I didn't realize that tattoos were prevalent in Native American culture as they are in Polynesian culture. Interesting.
    Wolfepack
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Tech Worlds wrote:Which part is the upper arm?

ahah yeah i know, im only 152lbs. But the tattoo is under my arm around the elbow area so the picture is as an odd angle and makes my arm looks alot smaller too.

Those look incredibly similar to some Polynesian tattoos - specifically Samoan & Hawaiian. I didn't realize that tattoos were prevalent in Native American culture as they are in Polynesian culture. Interesting.

Very good observation, the arm bands are in fact Polynesian.
    like i said, the cultural/ history is sometimes only loosely tied in, the upper armband, its just a polynesian design i used just as a design for an armband, nothing more, BUT this is the back of my arm, on the other side it is the 4 feathers hanging off the armband that represent my 4 family members thats the Cherokee tie in, the lower armband, is also a Polynesian design, with Cherokee symbols worked into the story telling. My tattoos are very neo traditional.
    This is the front side of the the arm the seahawk is on the back of in advance SORRY for the shirtless picture, its the only one i have of the whole arm.

To the rest of my 12th family, im glad you all like it, I pour my heart into this team like you all, and i felt it had earned its spot on there.
    When i go to get it finished, there is a blank spot around the back of my elbow, im going to the the feather totem design they have on the stripes of the pants, im getting that to go with it.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

• Killer. Just. Killer.

Best tat artwork I've seen in a long time.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Awesome. Love the layout, designs and coloring.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Sweet.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That's awesome dude. Nice work. Who's the tattoo artist? I'm thinking he deserves some pub here so people know who to go to if they want a professional Seahawk done!
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

scifly
    NET Practice Squad

• Wow. Pretty awesome.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• that is bad ass.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

• LargentFan wrote:Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.

This reminds me of the recruit this year that committed to Alabama, changed to Auburn - put on a HUGE Auburn tatto and then changed his mind and is now going to Alabama

Freaking hilarious
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.

This reminds me of the recruit this year that committed to Alabama, changed to Auburn - put on a HUGE Auburn tatto and then changed his mind and is now going to Alabama

Freaking hilarious

Hunh - I thought I read somewhere that the particular recruit is from a town called Auburn, and played at Auburn high school. I could be wrong though.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• MissoulaHawkFan wrote:
    mikeak wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.

Freaking hilarious

Hunh - I thought I read somewhere that the particular recruit is from a town called Auburn, and played at Auburn high school. I could be wrong though.

It is most definately a University of Auburn tattoo. He changed to an Auburn High school but the logo is for the university -- http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 53097.html

Just a note - I only added this information as a reply to the joke about trading. Not tied to the OP's tattoo which is really cool and obviously as a fan we have the advantage of not getting traded even though as Seattle fans know teams can move but even that doesn't change the time and place where we were huge fans of our team
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Finally took the plunge after 36 years of Fandom. Got this the day after the Atlanta game. Plan to add the logo to the other side sometime next season.

RezHawk
    NET Veteran

• RezHawk wrote:Finally took the plunge after 36 years of Fandom. Got this the day after the Atlanta game. Plan to add the logo to the other side sometime next season.

Please tell me that's sharpied on?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• RezHawk wrote:Finally took the plunge after 36 years of Fandom. Got this the day after the Atlanta game. Plan to add the logo to the other side sometime next season.

I can only think of how loud that would sound inside your head as its getting done.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    RezHawk wrote:Finally took the plunge after 36 years of Fandom. Got this the day after the Atlanta game. Plan to add the logo to the other side sometime next season.

Please tell me that's sharpied on?

Real Deal. So here's the story. A bunch of us Montana Seahawks fans had been getting together at my place for all the away games, after the Atlanta game in a fit of drunken stupor I offered to buy Seahawks tattoos for whoever wanted one. At some point my good buddy "Wrench" and I decided to get skull tatts and convinced my wife to shave our heads. The tattoo artists were pretty surprised when a couple of old farts showed up wanting skull tatts. The only downside is that my yougest son kept saying "Inmate number 12 please report to the nurses station to recieve your medication" until my hair grew back, and Montana is a very cold place in January with no hair.

"Wrench got a Logo"
    RezHawk
    NET Veteran

• Claden wrote:
    RezHawk wrote:Finally took the plunge after 36 years of Fandom. Got this the day after the Atlanta game. Plan to add the logo to the other side sometime next season.

I can only think of how loud that would sound inside your head as its getting done.

I was so hungover it was actually relaxing.
    RezHawk
    NET Veteran

• I just realized the sort of good omen type deal the story on my arm tells, The tattoo below it, has a representation of of " even in the darkest times, the sun will rise" and "always moving forward"
    Thats the that has the diamond shapes pointing forward and the black shaded in below, Black representing darkness, The color above it representing sunrise, and the diamond shapes pointing around represents always moving forward, and i just happened to realize the seahawk is busting out of it.

Its very fitting for the way last season ended.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information