More Depressed Today Than Yesterday

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm
  • I'm not sure if I'm alone here but I think what's happening is that the finality of it all has finally sunken in.

    Yesterday I was pretty numb but today I've been coming to terms with the fact that the magic carpet ride of the 2012 season really is over. So damn close. So damn close.

    I honestly feel more for my fellow 12 than I do my own feelings. I loved watching the news every night and seeing the faces of people light up, wearing their Seahawk flare proudly, so excited for the possibilities. For those who don't think sports are important to a community, a city, a fanbase...They are living in a cave (with no Comcast or Direct TV). It's probably the only pure unifying force outside of a national tragedy that can bring complete strangers together for one common cause.

    I know I have professed my love for #3 on this forum ad nauseum but I just can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed and fortunate we are to have him leading our team for years to come. It truly could not have happened to a better fanbase. The fans of the Seattle Seahawks are truly the best in all of sports. It's easy to latch on to a perennial winner. It takes guts and fortitude to back a football team that is considered by many to be for the most part, little more than an afterthought. A team where some would say, "Oh yeah, the Seahawks...Aren't they from Alaska or Canada?"

    Russell Wilson single-handedly changed that perception this year and put this team on the map to not only contend, but be considered one of the elite teams of the NFL in the making.

    So yes, the curtains have finally been lowered on a season we will never forget. I am sad that we didn't get to have the opportunity to spend this week talking about how we are going to beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship and watch Jim Harbaugh's face explode on live television. I am convinced that there is not a player or coach in that organization that was hoping the Seahawks would win last Sunday. They dodged a bullet big time.

    I am a huge Falcons fan this Sunday. I want nothing more than to see Harbaugh come unglued and have their season end in glorious fashion. And one more thing about the Falcons. They are a class team. I am so glad we lost to them and not a team like the Redskins or 49ers or some other team with truly douchy players and fans. Not once did I hear them talk crap about us or our players. They were quitely confident all week leading up to the game and I can respect that. In Mike Smith's post-game presser, he said the Seahawks are an excellent team and boy is he right.

    My heart is heavy today but even more, my heart is soaring with the knowledge of what is to come.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7965
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm
  • I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14190
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(


    Why did you make me imagine that? I feel it in my stomach.
    Image
    User avatar
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 454
    Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm
    Location: Mountain Home, Idaho


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:36 pm
  • I doubt my emotions will change too much before Sunday. The first day of football without any meaning whatsoever to me. It's going to hit like a brick
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13014
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm
  • The :49ersmall: losing will help heal the wounds somewhat. I can never root for a division rival.
    Wazzu Sucks, Oregon Swallows!!!!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 857
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
    Location: Philadelphia, PA


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm
  • Start a uniform thread.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:52 pm
  • I'm pretty happy. I had a fun year and will have fun as long as we have Pete and Russell. I honestly think Wilson will be Seattle legend. They went out, but went out in style.
    User avatar
    salamander
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 161
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm
  • I feel bad for guys like my old man who have been supporting this team since day one and is responsible for me becoming the Seahawk affecionado that I am. The saying is, well, there's always next year. Well for guys like my dad (or anybody for that matter) next year isn't guaranteed. I would love nothing more then for our beloved Hawks to win one before his time is up.

    Love you dad.
    Image
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:I feel bad for guys like my old man who have been supporting this team since day one and is responsible for me becoming the Seahawk affecionado that I am. The saying is, well, there's always next year. Well for guys like my dad (or anybody for that matter) next year isn't guaranteed. I would love nothing more then for our beloved Hawks to win one before his time is up.

    Love you dad.


    This has been on my mind lately. Now middle-aged and knowing there are no guarantees in life, I am beginning to feel the weight of knowing I won't be here forever and I want so desperately to see the Seahawks win a Super Bowl before it's my time to leave Earth School.

    Let's do this thing. Let's win it all in 2013.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7965
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:09 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(


    That's crazy, I have have the same vision over and over
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11339
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm
  • Im sad that our season is over, but other than that, I'm pretty happy. I feel so enthusiastic and comfortable knowing that we're going to win a superbowl within the next 2 or 3 years, and everything is just going to be alright.
    User avatar
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
    Location: Beaverton, Oregon


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm
  • Todd, its over!! Go crash an airplane or something!

    :D

    All you whiners that don't want to wait. How about myself, Big Pumpkin, Lymon? All of us either 69 soon to be 70, or 70 soon to be 71?

    I know some won't believe this but sports aren't important in the real story of life. I have a son that loves sports and booze more than anything and I feel sorry for him all the real life he's missed.
    Image
    So close to the real thing.
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18530
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 pm
  • This is no time for perspective, Les! Let us wallow for a bit, for the love of all that is good and holy!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14190
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm
  • I'm past it... its a game......and emotional game but a game.... Stress season is over.. time to think about how awesome next year will be.
    Have you EVER been more excited for the next year like this.. I haven't... i'm excited.. do we go after a #1 wide out. do we go after de's DOes pete convert the equiptment intern into a valid tight end.. I mean... really anything is possible.....I'm excited... I got my moneys worth and I made damn sure to tell my rep about it.
    twice....
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm
  • 'im regretting all the flowers I sent her to improve my chances on the superbowl lotto now that its not going to happen...LOL
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(


    When I first saw the replay of the catch by Douglas along the sideline, I thought I saw that Browner slipped. Kept thinking if that doesn't happen he gets a "Welker" shot on Douglas and who knows what would have happened?

    Just adding to others misery. :stirthepot:
    Last edited by drdiags on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9153
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(


    When I first saw the replay of the catch by along the sideline, I thought I saw that Browner slipped. Kept thinking if that doesn't happen he gets a "Welker" shot on Douglas and who knows what would have happened?

    Just adding to others misery. :stirthepot:


    I'd honestly rather imagine fantasy scenarios than just accept that it's over.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14190
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:28 pm
  • I personally just never felt "bummed". Even after the Hawks scored that go-ahead TD, in the back of my mind I was thinking "there is too much time left".

    I felt the Hawks were capable of beating anyone, but I also felt that they just weren't ready or discipline enough to make it all the way. I know it would have been epic, but deep down I was thinking that they exceeded my expectations. If they would have won the 2 seed? I say they go all the way, even if the NFCC was in Atlanta.

    Those road games built this team's character in a big way. If they had choked big on the Falcon game, I would be bummed, but they had the lead and lost to chance and some really, really good playmakers in the end. The Hawks are going to be a very good team on the road next year, they know how to win those games. As long as they continue to improve, I am just enjoying the ride to the top.

    RussellMania is going off the charts... These are bright days fellas, very bright indeed.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5569
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm
  • Same here. Still feeling numb. Kind of lost interest in listening to NFL Radio and watching NFL Network now that our season is over just like that.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 191
    Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 pm


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 pm
  • The team made an incredible step forward this season, we were 30 secs away form being in the conference championship. I dunno who would have been bold enough to predict that after week 1.

    If your'e down just remember that this is just the beginning of YEARS of winning football. No more of these 5-11/7-9 teams.

    We're not one of these 'rebuilding' teams or a team who just got a new coach and needs a QB. been there done that. We are a young explosive team that is going to be fun to watch for YEARS. Think of how bad it would suck to be one of those other teams...the Eagles, Chiefs etc who thought they had something good but it wasn't now they have to start over.

    Every time I start to get down I just remember that. The table is set. Wilson will win multiple Superbowls.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2656
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm
  • After the Seahawks scored on their first drive of the 2nd half...i got really pumped i was like " there could be a comeback in this team yet" then the Falcons drove down the field and scored i lost all the adrenaline i built up and felt really sleepy and allowed my self to lay on the couch and fall asleep. I remember having a dream where the announcers said " UNBELIEVABLE...the seahawks have made the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history with just seconds to go this game looks to be over" i got pissed rolled over and turned the TV off * in my head i thought the game had been over for hours* I tried to go back to sleep but about 40 mins later. I gave up. Got on my phone on ESPN to see what the final was to see if the Seahawks atleast managed to score to make it not look like a blow out. When i saw the score the first thought that went through my head was " please...for the love of god let that just be a garbage time TD that the Seahawks got and had no chance to win...please dont let them have taken the lead and let the falcons kick a fg to win"
    I still havent seen the end of the game. But from reading on here knew how the game played out. Still have never seen anything from the 4th quarter of that game. And i never will. But i feel worse and worse about it every single day now.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 348
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 pm
  • Aros wrote:I'm not sure if I'm alone here but I think what's happening is that the finality of it all has finally sunken in.

    Yesterday I was pretty numb but today I've been coming to terms with the fact that the magic carpet ride of the 2012 season really is over. So damn close. So damn close.

    I honestly feel more for my fellow 12 than I do my own feelings. I loved watching the news every night and seeing the faces of people light up, wearing their Seahawk flare proudly, so excited for the possibilities. For those who don't think sports are important to a community, a city, a fanbase...They are living in a cave (with no Comcast or Direct TV). It's probably the only pure unifying force outside of a national tragedy that can bring complete strangers together for one common cause.

    I know I have professed my love for #3 on this forum ad nauseum but I just can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed and fortunate we are to have him leading our team for years to come. It truly could not have happened to a better fanbase. The fans of the Seattle Seahawks are truly the best in all of sports. It's easy to latch on to a perennial winner. It takes guts and fortitude to back a football team that is considered by many to be for the most part, little more than an afterthought. A team where some would say, "Oh yeah, the Seahawks...Aren't they from Alaska or Canada?"

    Russell Wilson single-handedly changed that perception this year and put this team on the map to not only contend, but be considered one of the elite teams of the NFL in the making.

    So yes, the curtains have finally been lowered on a season we will never forget. I am sad that we didn't get to have the opportunity to spend this week talking about how we are going to beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship and watch Jim Harbaugh's face explode on live television. I am convinced that there is not a player or coach in that organization that was hoping the Seahawks would win last Sunday. They dodged a bullet big time.

    I am a huge Falcons fan this Sunday. I want nothing more than to see Harbaugh come unglued and have their season end in glorious fashion. And one more thing about the Falcons. They are a class team. I am so glad we lost to them and not a team like the Redskins or 49ers or some other team with truly douchy players and fans. Not once did I hear them talk crap about us or our players. They were quitely confident all week leading up to the game and I can respect that. In Mike Smith's post-game presser, he said the Seahawks are an excellent team and boy is he right.

    My heart is heavy today but even more, my heart is soaring with the knowledge of what is to come.

    Watch the whiners crap the bed against Atlanta in a few days, you'll feel better! I'm thinking 42-13 dirty birds!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11135
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm
  • I have to agree that I have felt the same way. Leading up to this game I was watching a lot of football, NFL network, ESPN, so I could catch as much Seahawks coverage as possible. I haven't watched anything football related since the game but Pete and Russell's pressers.

    I have gotten more bummed over the last couple days of what could have been, but I am definitely looking forward to next year. A whole offseason to plan around RW, rather than just Marshawn + whoever and a read option. Confidence and playoff experience for our players and our coach(es).

    It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with our OC and DC's possibly on their ways out.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1066
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Bellinghome


Re: More Depressed Today Than Yesterday
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 am
  • kidhawk wrote:I doubt my emotions will change too much before Sunday. The first day of football without any meaning whatsoever to me. It's going to hit like a brick


    I am facing this reality as well. As much as I love this sport, I love it much less today than I did a week ago. I can barely recall a single play from the Patriot game...who did they play again?
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5066
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0




It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information