Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Colin's discussion with Dilfer starts around the 47 minute mark and at about 49 minutes Cowherd talks about RW. To paraphrase we don't wait 5 years to say if a person is beautiful so why can't I say now that RW is a top 5 or 6 qb in this league. Dilfer doesn't rank him but agrees that he is special and will be successful for a long time.

I know Cowherd has been on board for a long time but think this may have been the strongest statement yet...


Last edited by mikeak on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
RW wants to be top 5/6 of all time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
RW is one of the top 5-10 QB's in the NFL :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 140
Later when talking to Peter King he basically said he's never seen a QB this good this early...called him transcendent.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1362
MANUNITED23 wrote:
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.

Brees just broke the single season passing record- I'd give him a bit more credit than that..

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
If you give Russell same weapons on offense and ask him to throw as much he would to. But hey this is just my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1414
I wanted to bring this up in a poll yesterday but never did.

I don't know if I'm being a homer right now, but I can't think of 5 QBs that are better than Wilson. I can name 4, but as of right now this momen, RW is a top 5 QB in this league, imo. Agree?

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 140
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1414
salamander wrote:
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.

Denver doesn't lose that game with any other coach other than John Fox. Seriously 2 TO and 30 seconds left and you kneel the ball?!

My apologies for going off topic :mrgreen:

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7596
Mark Schlereth, when considering regular season and playoffs puts Russell as the OROY.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Hawkfan77 wrote:
salamander wrote:
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.

Denver doesn't lose that game with any other coach other than John Fox. Seriously 2 TO and 30 seconds left and you kneel the ball?!

My apologies for going off topic :mrgreen:


"funny" I thought giving up points in 30 seconds and with two time-outs was grounds for firing the defensive coordinator and now I learn that there is only one head-coach in the whole league that can't score under those conditions........

EDIT: Not saying it was the right call to kneel - just saying you don't necesarily win by going forward


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
salamander wrote:
Later when talking to Peter King he basically said he's never seen a QB this good this early...called him transcendent.


Thanks - had to start work so couldn't hear the rest. You don't happen to recall the approximate time do you?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2638
I'd say he's better than Manning right now. :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10463
Location: Pasco, WA
Very interesting.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2875
lukerguy wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.

Brees just broke the single season passing record- I'd give him a bit more credit than that..

The benchmark for judging the top QBs in the league is changing.

Brees is part of the old school.

Russell is part of the new school.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 140
mikeak wrote:
salamander wrote:
Later when talking to Peter King he basically said he's never seen a QB this good this early...called him transcendent.


Thanks - had to start work so couldn't hear the rest. You don't happen to recall the approximate time do you?



Unfortunately I just saw it on the TV show on ESPNU. I think it was near the very end.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm
Posts: 41
hawksfan515 wrote:
RW is one of the top 5-10 QB's in the NFL :)


I'd say he's one of the top 5-11.5 QBs, but who's measuring?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
mikeak wrote:
Hawkfan77 wrote:
salamander wrote:
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.

Denver doesn't lose that game with any other coach other than John Fox. Seriously 2 TO and 30 seconds left and you kneel the ball?!

My apologies for going off topic :mrgreen:


"funny" I thought giving up points in 30 seconds and with two time-outs was grounds for firing the defensive coordinator and now I learn that there is only one head-coach in the whole league that can't score under those conditions........

EDIT: Not saying it was the right call to kneel - just saying you don't necesarily win by going forward


You may not win but they didn't even try, throw at least one pass and get a first down who knows what happens. You have Peyton Manning, why not trust him to win the game? He is rightfully getting roasted for this.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm
Posts: 612
RW #1 for what we're doing. That's all that matters.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1362
onanygivensunday wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.

Brees just broke the single season passing record- I'd give him a bit more credit than that..

The benchmark for judging the top QBs in the league is changing.

Brees is part of the old school.

Russell is part of the new school.


I'm not sure how this makes your point? RW styles his game after Brees. He only runs the read option because it was effective and he can. If RW could have his way, he'd run the offense JUST like Drew.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 201
perfect topic to come across seeing as i had just looked up bree's career numbers earlier.. bree's didn't have a season like the one russ just had until his 4th year in the league.. and they shared some similarities in having a rb that went for 1600 yards lt had more tds.. but he had one of the best receiving weapons the game has seen in the past 10 years in antonio gates blow up in 2004.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.