If you could choose 1 Qb for our future, Wilson or Luck?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

So would you rather have Wilson or Luck?

Wilson
89%
Luck
11%

Total votes : 153

• Call me crazy but even today I would choose Luck.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• You are crazy.
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

• Wilson is winner. He is the heart and face of this team.

I'll pick him against anyone at this point.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

• I'm calling it now...Too close to call.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Wilson, without a half second of hesitation.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Wilson is a smarter QB, so Wilson.

Do you want your QB throwing pics at the end of the game to ruin your chances or would you rather have it on your defenses shoulders to win it... eh baring yesterday... lol.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• Doesn't even take a second thought. Only thing Luck has on RW is his height. Other than that, I'll take RW 10 times out of 10.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• I see no evidence to convince me the answer should be Luck other than a lot of hype.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Luck is a ugly, gangly, bumbing, and I'd hate to have to listen to him after every game. He might have more size and a little better arm but wilson is a champion and a true leader. He leads by example and might go down as one of the best QB's of all time.

I though so highly of Aaron Rodgers but after all the hype and commercial went to his head he is just not the same. Russell is not that type of guy, it will not faze him, he is grounded in the lord and is faithful to his wife and team. He will Lead the hawks to many more amazing playoff victories and a few superbowls. Luck I can't say the same.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Wilson, and It's not even close. I wouldn't trade him for any other Qb, and I'm dead serious.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

• You can talk about "potential" all you want, but you also need to go out in the field and prove it. Look at all the first rd draft QBs that theoretically had all the potential in the world but tanked. Not saying Luck isn't good, but in the year we have seen these two QBs actually go out and prove their worth:

Regular Season
    Completion %:
    Wilson - 64.1
    Luck - 54.1

YPA:
    Wilson - 7.93
    Luck - 6.98

TDs:
    Wilson - 26
    Luck - 23

INTS:
    Wilson - 10
    Luck - 18

Passer Rating:
    Wilson - 100 (4th best in the NFL)
    Luck - 76.5 (26th in the NFL)

Rushing:
    Wilson - 489 yds
    Luck - 255 yds

Playoff Wins:
    Wilson - 1 (and did enough to almost earn 2)
    Luck - 0

Without even getting into Wilson's much better playoff stats and much better stats against common opponents, I think the above speaks volumes enough. The game is played on the field, not based on the player's draft pick.
    Stuje1
    NET Practice Squad

• There's not a QB in the entire league I would rather have than Wilson, let alone Luck.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Why would you even ask?
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• RW. And I have thought about it at length and have come to the conclusion that Russell Wilson is the best QB in the LEAGUE for THIS Seahawks team /city/fan base. Think carefully about who we are as a team/city/fans and if you can counter I would Damn near PAY to hear it.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Forget about skills right now. The kids work ethic and personality is what matters long term. I was a Flynn guy. I didn't want to see Wilson get the job - this season, anyway. I was won over at some point like everyone else and never looked back.

How can you not root for this guy... he sets an example not just for football but for life. A remarkable human being, and a legend in the making.

I think the football gods needed this year to give Brady his final ring that he deserves. Russell can wait, plenty of time for those in years to come.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Wilson has a head on his shoulders that I would pit against any other QB in the league, bar none. Just imagining what this kid will do when he's in his prime, at say 28 years old with 5 years of experience under his belt blows my mind. He has future Hall of Famer written all over him, and I wouldn't trade him for ANYbody! He's OURS, and I believe him when he says he doesn't want to play for anybody else. He's a Seahawk fan's dream come true as we finally have our ELITE QB, right up there with the best! If you can't tell, I'm a little high on Russell. He is the REAL DEAL, and is probably... I'll give it a year or two to be fair... my favorite all-time Seahawk.

GO HAWKS!
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• 4 Dolts fans trolling the board, nice
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• the only one i would take over Wilson is Rodgers.
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• To be honest, I've been pondering this for a while. A Bears friend of mine (who is much more convinced about RW after yesterday than he was before) kept hounding me about this question, though instead of 'Luck' it was just 'which QBs would you take over Wilson THIS YEAR.' Other than the obvious three, it was hard to pick that many. Wilson just hasn't struggled much, and even though his stats hadn't been incredible earlier in the year, he was making plays and keeping the offense moving, and was cool under pressure. I can't think of that many other QBs I would rather have had on this team - I can think of tons of other QBs who put up much better stats, but it's really hard to envision this team with many other QBs.

But if I had to pick one QB in the league right now to be my QB for the next decade? Wilson.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• isn't Wilson just a far more accurate thrower, I mean Andrew Luck looks and plays like a Rookie, but if you didn't know it you would swear Wilson is like a 6 year veteran phenom, simply SCHOOLED the 13-3 Falcons in the second half after a very poor defensive first half and botched coaching decisions, should have been at least 20-3 for his effort after the first half!!!

I think they release the offensive coordinator and put it all in Wilson's hands by year 3 add to defensive coordination, if you stop challenging that guy he will peak...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Stuje1 wrote:You can talk about "potential" all you want, but you also need to go out in the field and prove it. Look at all the first rd draft QBs that theoretically had all the potential in the world but tanked. Not saying Luck isn't good, but in the year we have seen these two QBs actually go out and prove their worth:

Regular Season
    Completion %:
    Wilson - 64.1
    Luck - 54.1

YPA:
    Wilson - 7.93
    Luck - 6.98

TDs:
    Wilson - 26
    Luck - 23

INTS:
    Wilson - 10
    Luck - 18

Passer Rating:
    Wilson - 100 (4th best in the NFL)
    Luck - 76.5 (26th in the NFL)

Rushing:
    Wilson - 489 yds
    Luck - 255 yds

Playoff Wins:
    Wilson - 1 (and did enough to almost earn 2)
    Luck - 0

Without even getting into Wilson's much better playoff stats and much better stats against common opponents, I think the above speaks volumes enough. The game is played on the field, not based on the player's draft pick.

lets not forget all that against TOUGHER TEAMS, SOS does mean something in this league, regardless, what does not kill you makes you stronger!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:
    Gifted1
    NET Bench Warmer

• The greatest thing about the comments on here, is that I can honestly say there isn't homerism involved. This kid is the real deal. I literally haven't stopped smiling since the Packer game in regards to his development and maturity. He is the type of guy you want to watch during the game, and have a beer with after the game. He is the type of guy I would be thrilled if my daughters married. I only wish I had my head screwed on half as good as he does when I was that age. He is truly Mannnnnnn
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

• For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Gifted1 wrote:Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

Yeah and you were probably saying how Rick Mirer was going to be a HOF qb after his first year in Seattle. I am more of a Hawk fan then you will ever be and have been since the early 80's. I love Wilson but I am still enamored with Luck and what he did with virtually no weapons outside of an aging Reggie Wayne. And yes Bruce still is as raw as the day I first posted my displeasure of that pick which was around 2 days after we selected him. Homer.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• I am with you 100 tacomahawk.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• The Battle #83 wrote:the only one i would take over Wilson is Rodgers.

why? Wilson is just as good as Mr. Rodgers only on his way in, not on his way out?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

Again although I love Wilson his style of play can and will eventually lead to injury (see RGIII, Vick, etc...). Luck is that classic passer with off the chart intangibles. Long term history says he should have an incredible career. Russ can too but the running thing really scares me which is why holding onto Flynn would make sense. Just my opinion with which the last I checked in this great country I am still entitled to.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Only other QB I would trade Wilson for at this point is Rodgers. That is it.
    PascoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Wilson is such a workaholic and student of the game, he is unflappable and has a chip on his shoulder. Luck is good but long term Wilson is always going to be pushing that window, he won't ever stop and say he made it because so many are always telling him he can't. He lifted this team up where I think the Colts more or less cleared a pathway for Luck and compensated in many areas.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I thought Wilson was better than Luck BEFORE THE DRAFT. I just didn't grade him that high because of the "unknown" factor that came with his height. You go back and watch game compilation videos of Wilson and Luck in college, Wilson was clearly the better, more battle tested QB. And I think he's widened that gap further this season.

Really, I am not even sure if Luck's ceiling is higher. Arm wise they are about the same. Mobility wise Wilson is better. Mentally Wilson is better. Intangibles for Wilson are better. Height and durability are the only things I can think of where I'd grade Luck better, but Wilson has proven durable over 5 football seasons and height has been a nearly negligible factor.

I think Luck is going to grow into being a Eli Manning caliber QB. Wilson is on a trajectory to become not just an elite QB, but maybe the Joe Montana of this era. A QB that everyone acknowledges is the best in the game during his prime. That is Wilson's ceiling, and it's also where he's heading.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Wilson and it's not even close. In fact, it's a joke to even think there is a better ALL AROUND QB in the NFL right now. That ain't blinders people, that's truth.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I think they're both going to be great QBs. I would bet that they're both going to win at least 1 Superbowl. I just wouldnt want this being the face of our franchise. Dude's f'ugly!

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• seabowl wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

Again although I love Wilson his style of play can and will eventually lead to injury (see RGIII, Vick, etc...). Luck is that classic passer with off the chart intangibles. Long term history says he should have an incredible career. Russ can too but the running thing really scares me which is why holding onto Flynn would make sense. Just my opinion with which the last I checked in this great country I am still entitled to.

Wilson didn't do a single thing in the second half of yesterday's game, that other QBs do to further risk injury. All he did was make other QBs look stupid in regards to where he is after 18 NFL games. He was for the most part a pocket QB that had to scramble at times due to poor protection. How did he do in in his second playoff game, he only threw for more yards than he did all season. He can kill you passing or running. I guess he chose passing.
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

• seabowl wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:For the LUCK voters at least let your nuts hang and make your argument in the thread.

I dont think he took a single big hit this year. If you're smart about moving and running then you wont take nearly as many big hits as a pure pocket passer.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I have to agree with the general sentiment: Wilson, and it's not even close.

I too, would not consider trading Wilson for anyone else in the league. The kid is going to be a very special player for many years to come. We lucked out, our front office hit a grand slam home run in this last draft.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    seabowl wrote:

I dont think he took a single big hit this year. If you're smart about moving and running then you wont take nearly as many big hits as a pure pocket passer.

If he runs as much as he needed to this year he will get hit and raise his chances of sustaining a decent injury. I do not agree that pocket passers take more hits as you had stated. I hope he is the savior we have waited so long for but only time will tell.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Peyton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries.

At least RW can escape pressure, classic pocket passers are what they are because they can't move the way Wilson does.

We just got really lucky that Wilson can sling the ball with the best of them and he also happens to have some wheels.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• bellingerga wrote:I have to agree with the general sentiment: Wilson, and it's not even close.

I too, would not consider trading Wilson for anyone else in the league. The kid is going to be a very special player for many years to come. We lucked out, our front office hit a grand slam home run in this last draft.

I hear you, I hope so too. We never know what will happen, I just know I am Charley freaking Bucket from Willy Wonka and we got a golden ticket. Whatever comes I 3elieve

Go Hawks
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

• Wilson, and like a few other smart posters here it isn't even close. There isn't a quarterback I'd trade for him right now. His future is so high it's ridiculous. Kearly nailed it, I think.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:Peyton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries.

At least RW can escape pressure, classic pocket passers are what they are because they can't move the way Wilson does.

We just got really lucky that Wilson can sling the ball with the best of them and he also happens to have some wheels.

Not a bad argument but I can pick a QB too. How about Dan Marino the ultimate pocket QB who I believe had only 1 major injury which was an Achilles from a wrong step. Wilson can sling it but so could Vick and his concussions from the hits he took on the run.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:I thought Wilson was better than Luck BEFORE THE DRAFT. I just didn't grade him that high because of the "unknown" factor that came with his height. You go back and watch game compilation videos of Wilson and Luck in college, Wilson was clearly the better, more battle tested QB. And I think he's widened that gap further this season.

Really, I am not even sure if Luck's ceiling is higher. Arm wise they are about the same. Mobility wise Wilson is better. Mentally Wilson is better. Intangibles for Wilson are better. Height and durability are the only things I can think of where I'd grade Luck better, but Wilson has proven durable over 5 football seasons and height has been a nearly negligible factor.

I think Luck is going to grow into being a Eli Manning caliber QB. Wilson is on a trajectory to become not just an elite QB, but maybe the Joe Montana of this era. A QB that everyone acknowledges is the best in the game during his prime. That is Wilson's ceiling, and it's also where he's heading.

So Wilson trumps Luck in just about every category but height? I would love to question the other 31 teams to see who their GM would honestly take. Would be surprised if over 50% would take Wilson.
    Last edited by seabowl on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:
    Gifted1 wrote:Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

Yeah and you were probably saying how Rick Mirer was going to be a HOF qb after his first year in Seattle. I am more of a Hawk fan then you will ever be and have been since the early 80's. I love Wilson but I am still enamored with Luck and what he did with virtually no weapons outside of an aging Reggie Wayne. And yes Bruce still is as raw as the day I first posted my displeasure of that pick which was around 2 days after we selected him. Homer.

hooray the rick mirer argument
    56.4 pass completion percentage, 5.8 yards per attempt, 12 TDs 17 INTs 2833 yards.

Eerily similar!
    to the season Mark Sanchez just had
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Did anyone listen to Colin Cowherd today? He ranked RW in the top 5 of QBs in the NFL TODAY.
    I know he is a homer ... but, I could have digged top 10 .... but top 5?
    To say that RW was impressive in the playoffs is an understatement.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• I wonder if QBs don't get hit or injured, when they are IN the pocket. I rather have a RW (who can escape the blitz) than guys like Drew Bledsoe.
    I have been watching RW since his Frenchman year at NC State. A lot of people still believe that what he did yesterday was "luck".

RW has now played 2 playoff games, and hasn't thrown a real Interception (to me, the hail marry isn't really an INT). He once went 300+ passes in college without throwing an INT. It is scary to think, RW will only get better.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• This isn't even a little close.

Wilson had a better season even though they kept him in check the first half+. Luck had the complete offense day one.

Luck could go down as a great QB, but I'm looking for the best.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:
    Gifted1 wrote:Seabowl is a troll. I'm expecting another Bruce Irvin hate thread soon from him. :roll:

1. Create a ridiculous thread to get a rise
    2. Defend your 'stance' to virtually every member
    3. Rinse & repeat

Have fun seatroll :lol:
    Gifted1
    NET Bench Warmer

• If you picked Luck - you are probably a huge college football fan.

I am not and having judged them on their pro performance - there is no contest at this point.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• Gifted1 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:

1. Create a ridiculous thread to get a rise
    2. Defend your 'stance' to virtually every member
    3. Rinse & repeat

Have fun seatroll :lol:

1. Thread wasn't created to get a rise (looks like at this moment 13 other members agree)
    2. Defended the stance.
    3. I will admit my opinion was wrong if proven wrong. Will you?
    4. Just be respectful as most on this board and you won't receive snide remarks back.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Wilson, but it is extremely close!

just the fact alone that we have this poll to begin with is amazing.

PS: I am also curious to see how deep into the playoffs will Kaepernick take the 9ers...
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information