Early look at Roster Turnover

BeastQuake

Reaction score
It looks like this year will have the fewest roster moves, as a lot of positions are set. Because we have 10 draft picks, we may trade up in some round simply because there won't be room for 10 new guys.

The UFAs are:
Branch, Hauschka, Hill, Jones, Morrah, Omiyale, Trufant.

Let's say 3 of those are resigned, and the rest are gone. Additionally, some names that might be cut are Allen Bradford, Deon Butler, Chukwurah, Guy, Jaye Howard, Rishaw Johnson, J Kearse, Maxwell, Sean McGrath, Mike Morgan, Mike Person, Deshawn shead, and then Obomanu, Charly Martin, Dexter Davis. Clemons and Thurmond will return from IR. Suppose 10 of those 15 are cut, so with the UFAs and IR, thats around 12 spots. With free agents brought in, 10 draft picks won't be on this team. Pete just said "I think it's going to be hard for the 10 guys who get drafted to make this team. That's how good these young guys are". It feels good to have players on the roster that clearly belong and limited positions of need.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Well much as what hapens after every draft and signing.. Some will simply be cut and put on the practice squad to develop.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see none of the UFA's being resigned but I think Hill and Hauschka will at least be on the roster come training camp.

Axx

Reaction score
i hope we trade up for some DT's also.
a True DE(Not Bryant or Irvin) and 2 pass rushing monsters at DT would make this team unstoppable.

But we will probably also draft a CB for nickel page, A big name WR, a TE, a Guard, and a Linebacker to replace Leroy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, the offseason and preseason depth chart predictions on here are going to be TOUGH.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Axx":2t23lpoq said:
i hope we trade up for some DT's also.
a True DE(Not Bryant or Irvin) and 2 pass rushing monsters at DT would make this team unstoppable.

But we will probably also draft a CB for nickel page, A big name WR, a TE, a Guard, and a Linebacker to replace Leroy.

You may be in luck:
Trojans CB Robey declares for the NFL Draft
USC junior CB Nickell Robey will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Robey received a third day grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board, but the repeated criticism on the Trojan is his size, and that wouldn't have changed if he returned in 2013. He was easily USC's top corner all season long and offers three years of starting experience as a mid round pick.