Sherman's Season vs. #1 WR's

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Found a good read comparing Revis in '09 and Sherman in '12 while trying to find complete stats on Sherman's season.

http://www.takingbadschotz.com/?p=11112

I don't really agree with the author's opinion of who had the better season, but I'm biased.

Anyway, interesting looking at the stats. I'm curious to know how many TD's were scored against him this season when playing man to man.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I gotta agree, Revis' 2009 season was better. Sherman might be better now though, we'll see.

Is there really that big of a difference between #1 and #2 though? Both are great, amazing CB's either way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The fact that a 5th round, 2nd year player who has only played the position for a handful of years is being discussed alongside Revis is incredible.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I thought I heard somewhere that Sherman wasn't responsible for Marshall that game. Is that true?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
jkitsune":14sp3jme said:
I thought I heard somewhere that Sherman wasn't responsible for Marshall that game. Is that true?

Dang Browner screwd up pretty bad in that game....

Food for though here.... He was using info for #1 receivers only right? Didn't Revis follow those guys around everywhere, while Sherman would just man his side, and therefore the numbers for only #1 receivers for Sherman be tainted because Browner would cover them sometimes and serve up a turd (Brandon Marshall)?

:hmmmm:

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
hawksfan515":my1wo1ia said:
jkitsune":my1wo1ia said:

Dang Browner screwd up pretty bad in that game....

Food for though here.... He was using info for #1 receivers only right? Didn't Revis follow those guys around everywhere, while Sherman would just man his side, and therefore the numbers for only #1 receivers for Sherman be tainted because Browner would cover them sometimes and serve up a turd (Brandon Marshall)?

:hmmmm:

yeah, the Jets let Revis shadow the other team's #1 whereas we play straight up RCB/LCB splits...very rarely do you see one of our corners playing shadow on any WR.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Sherman is, in my humble opinion, one of the best 3 corners in football right now...if not the best, period. And he's only going to get better. He's so young.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":2iwodmdh said:
Sherman is, in my humble opinion, one of the best 3 corners in football right now...if not the best, period. And he's only going to get better. He's so young.

Kudos for knowing him for being more than the guy that talked crap "to one of the nicest guys in the game," Tom Brady.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
-The Glove-":27i7o8t8 said:
Falcan Moore":27i7o8t8 said:

Kudos for knowing him for being more than the guy that talked crap "to one of the nicest guys in the game," Tom Brady.

Talking crap is just his game.....

And BTW, I remember I read in another thread where a poster said Sherman baited Tom Brady into throwing down the seam against Sherman, and he picked off the pass. Yes, he baited him, but not the conventional way. What really happened was (Sherman said so in some article) after a play, Sherman went up and talked crap to Brady about how he couldn't throw the ball his way at all. Sure enough, about 5 plays later, he tried to beat him over the top for a TD, and it got picked.

People might think talking crap is bad, but if you can turn it into an advantage then use it! That pick really helped us win the game, if we don't pick that pass then we probably lose.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1omk2xj9 said:
-The Glove-":1omk2xj9 said:
Falcan Moore":1omk2xj9 said:

Talking crap is just his game.....

And BTW, I remember I read in another thread where a poster said Sherman baited Tom Brady into throwing down the seam against Sherman, and he picked off the pass. Yes, he baited him, but not the conventional way. What really happened was (Sherman said so in some article) after a play, Sherman went up and talked crap to Brady about how he couldn't throw the ball his way at all. Sure enough, about 5 plays later, he tried to beat him over the top for a TD, and it got picked.

People might think talking crap is bad, but if you can turn it into an advantage then use it! That pick really helped us win the game, if we don't pick that pass then we probably lose.
Yes I know all of that.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I would still give Revis the overall edge because of his abilitiy completely blanket any type of receiver anywhere. Sherman is supremely capable against the big dudes on deep routes, but is somewhat suspectable to the intermediate routes agains the small, shifty guys. By contrast, Revis can flat-azz move with and smother anybody when healthy. There is; however, one aspect that I think Sherman is slightly already better at. His the ability to sense where the ball is going by by effortlessly switching to Wider Receiver mode as the ball approaches is almost uncanny. Can't wait to see him get even better next season.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1nurcshv said:
Falcan Moore":1nurcshv said:

If Tom's going to engage Sherman with "I'll see you after the game." comment then it's open season on woofing at him after the game. He should've kept his mouth shut.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2e7uod4k said:
-The Glove-":2e7uod4k said:
Falcan Moore":2e7uod4k said:

If Tom's going to engage Sherman with "I'll see you after the game." comment then it's open season on woofing at him after the game. He should've kept his mouth shut.

I guess I should've quoted "the guy that talked crap" as well.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
How come nobody ever approaches it as "Tom Brady talked crap to Richard Sherman all week?" Because he did do precisely that. He had a lot to say, but because he's the Golden Boy, then it's not "Trash talk... he back it up". Whatever. He hasn't won a Superbowl since they got busted for cheating. Congrats on being a Golden Boy, but he's a guy that talks crap all week every week, all throughout the game, and all off-season, and loves running up the score.

Who gets called out for running up the score and trash talking? The freaking Seattle Seahawks. We have the 2nd youngest team in the league and the guys don't know any better and get skewered by the media. Brady is old enough to know better, and he seems to get applauded for being a complete dickhead. I don't get it to be honest with you.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SharkHawk":dqa7es5s said:
How come nobody ever approaches it as "Tom Brady talked crap to Richard Sherman all week?" Because he did do precisely that. He had a lot to say, but because he's the Golden Boy, then it's not "Trash talk... he back it up". Whatever. He hasn't won a Superbowl since they got busted for cheating. Congrats on being a Golden Boy, but he's a guy that talks crap all week every week, all throughout the game, and all off-season, and loves running up the score.

Who gets called out for running up the score and trash talking? The freaking Seattle Seahawks. We have the 2nd youngest team in the league and the guys don't know any better and get skewered by the media. Brady is old enough to know better, and he seems to get applauded for being a complete dickhead. I don't get it to be honest with you.
I don't know if this comment is directed at me...but my comment was said in jest. Taking a little poke at the "visitors" of this site that only seem to know or think that about Sherman. Trust me, I know the whole story between Brady and Sherman (well at least as much as one can know for not being involved). That's why I had "one of the nicest guys in the league" in quotes...dude's a prick and everyone on the field knows it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1thpuv70 said:
SharkHawk":1thpuv70 said:

I don't know if this comment is directed at me...but my comment was said in jest. Taking a little poke at the "visitors" of this site that only seem to know or think that about Sherman. Trust me, I know the whole story between Brady and Sherman (well at least as much as one can know for not being involved). That's why I had "one of the nicest guys in the league" in quotes...dude's a prick and everyone on the field knows it.

No, it wasn't directed at any post here. I didn't read the thread. I just added my thoughts as it was 6:00 in the morning and it was on my mind. Sorry if it seemed that way. I'll quote a post 99.9% of the time if it is directed at it.