Neutralizing Tony Gonzalez

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I am hoping that we are able to cover him well enough to make him ineffective. I like our db's on their wr's. do we have someone that can run with him?

Fox0r

Reaction score
Kam gets a hat on old man River and something tells me he won't be as effective as normal.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Fox0r":2lk16h55 said:
Kam gets a hat on old man River and something tells me he won't be as effective as normal.

I hope a bone crushing hit goes along with the hat he's giving him :lol:

m0ng0

Reaction score
I heard an interview with him not long ago and dude wants this bad, he is a pro's pro, he understands this is his last chance and I dont think he gets alligator arms like some others do. We just gotta blanket this guy all night long !

treefidy

Reaction score
Aristotle22":1zlw9nok said:
I am hoping that we are able to cover him well enough to make him ineffective. I like our db's on their wr's. do we have someone that can run with him?

Gonzo rarely gets hit hard. When he does, which I've seen maybe twice, he catches the ball and gets up flipping it to the ref.

There's a reason he's the greatest of all time. He's smart, big and strong. I expect him to have a decent if not good to great game against the Seahawks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Vern Davis isn't the legend that Gonzalaz is, but he's younger and Kam Bam gets a bead on him, he will suffer the same results.
Don't think for a second that Gonzalaz isn't going to keep the younger faster Kam in his perifrial. :thfight7:
As far as HIM wanting the win really bad?, who the hell doesn't.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The difference is VD has the body of an adonis and the heart of a 3 year old, Tony is a legend I dont see him folding like VD did is all I am saying.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Gonzalez has been hit harder than anything Kam Spam can bring. There is a reason he has played so long and has the consecutive game reception streak he does.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Kam is the hardest hitting safety in the NFL right now...if he comes to play like he did against SF at our house Gonzo will get the Vernon Davis treatment. He may get up on his feet with a concussion but he won't be seeing anymore PT the rest of the game.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
HawkGANG":3d7anyk2 said:
Kam is the hardest hitting safety in the NFL right now...if he comes to play like he did against SF at our house Gonzo will get the Vernon Davis treatment. He may get up on his feet with a concussion but he won't be seeing anymore PT the rest of the game.

Yeah, in all of his 16 years in the NFL Kam is the hardest hitter Tony G has ever seen. :sarcasm_off:

keepertd

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2hhecprn said:
Vern Davis isn't the legend that Gonzalaz is, but he's younger and Kam Bam gets a bead on him, he will suffer the same results.
Don't think for a second that Gonzalaz isn't going to keep the younger faster Kam in his perifrial. :thfight7:

i seriously doubt TG is to worried about it...after all the years he as played, he's been hit hard one or two times im certain

ParisPC07

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many times he's been hit in the past. If anything that means that Kam's hits are more likely to hurt worse.

Twisted

Reaction score
m0ng0":kguv7apx said:
The difference is VD has the body of an adonis and the heart of a 3 year old, Tony is a legend I dont see him folding like VD did is all I am saying.

so Atlanta is just going to tee off on Tony?

I don't think so, its going to be a battle all the way around, your 11 have to play better than our 11

Hawks don't just have 3 or 4 good players on both sides of the ball, they have 11 great players on both sides of the ball with video to prove it, nevermind stats or wins

just go back and watch how this team is progressively getting better and better each and every game, even though last weeks game appeared lack luster and the Hawks didn't play at thier best they still improved in several ways..

1. they held washington to just 74 yrds total offense in the final 3 quarters.

2. they missed multiple opportunities to score and still won by 2 possessions where as in the past that many missed opportunities spelled a loss!

3. had their biggest come back of the season.

and they are still getting better...

Bucknastay

Reaction score
If bambam puts a hit like VD on Gonzales he is gonna fold. Thanku Come again.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
keepertd":fa1be4v1 said:
scutterhawk":fa1be4v1 said:

i seriously doubt TG is to worried about it...after all the years he as played, he's been hit hard one or two times im certain

I've been in one or two car wrecks in my life. Even though I made it out okay, it does not mean that I am any less concerned about getting into another one. Granted, car wrecks and de-cleaters are two different scenarios, but to say the TG isn't too worried about getting blasted by Bam Bam is just ludicrous.

CANHawk

Reaction score
keepertd":1xnxgo6i said:
scutterhawk":1xnxgo6i said:

I'm certain Gonzo has been hit plenty hard in his career, but as great and as durable as he's been he is also 37 years old. Tony has a lot of miles on him now and the body just doesn't respond the same way it does when you're in your 20's. Kam is 230lbs and hits like a truck. If he gets a bead on Gonzo and lowers the boom, Gonzo's game will be effected for the rest of of the day.

keepertd

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":22qehb9b said:
keepertd":22qehb9b said:
scutterhawk":22qehb9b said:

I've been in one or two car wrecks in my life. Even though I made it out okay, it does not mean that I am any less concerned about getting into another one. Granted, car wrecks and de-cleaters are two different scenarios, but to say the TG isn't too worried about getting blasted Bam Bam is just ludicrous.

it isnt that ludicrous, when getting hit is part of the job i seriously doubt in his head he's going "o no im gonna get hit hard in the nfl....maybe i shouldnt catch that pass or play good" unless of course its a h2h which almost anyone is afraid of or injury...no hit that doesnt result in a major injury is going to phase TG, sorry to dissapoint you

tomahawk

Reaction score
TG is one of the two this weekend that bother me. The other is Rodgers. We have had our issues with giving up the ball to a TE or RB who sits down in the middle. We have to make sure they know that if they come in there - they're going to get hit hard.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
keepertd":p34kct9z said:
it isnt that ludicrous, when getting hit is part of the job i seriously doubt in his head he's going "o no im gonna get hit hard in the nfl....maybe i shouldnt catch that pass or play good" unless of course its a h2h which almost anyone is afraid of or injury...no hit that doesnt result in a major injury is going to phase TG, sorry to dissapoint you

Being worried and being afraid are two different things. Nobody said TG was scared, but I'm Pretty Damn sure when he's running his routes across the middle he has the location of our strong safety in the back of his head (i.e - worried). No receiver in this league runs around with reckless abandon, especially if the opposition has a stud or two patrolling the field known to bring the wood. Nice try though.