Drop % stat

rightbench

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks i have noticed that while opposing receivers tend to catch really well in the 1st Quarter against us... and thus the team will move the ball relatively well early in the game, that towards the later quarters there seem to be more drops.

I hope this has something to do with our secondary and the 'ol Alligator arms syndrome creeping up. But regardless of why it happens does anyone know if stats are kept for DROP % in a per game or vs opponent type of format...

I've looked around and haven't been able to find anything. I just thought it would be interesting to see opposing receiver's drop % against us and over their seasons....

thanks for any help

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah this would be something to ask Sando at the ESPN NFC west blog maybe.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't believe this is an official stat. Teams probably track this, but wouldn't want to release the data for obvious reasons.

Maybe one of the stat-based web sites, FO, Fieldgulls?

NinjaKixx

Reaction score
I think PFF keeps track of players drop percentage but I'm not sure if they do it on a game by game basis.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
If you're interested in a particular player, it wouldn't be hard to find out how many drops they have in relation to targets. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for exactly, but it could be a nice jumping off point?

Latest posts