Majority of people are switching view of Seahawks..

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I dont know if its a reaction to not being used to it, even in the 05 season.
But i'm starting to get that "feeling" in my stomach.
Like its happening too fast, Seahawks being this "hot" team going into the play offs that people think could do big things.
To now its being made out to be by media and fans of not only our own team but a majority of the fans in the NFL like its a given that we should beat the Falcons.
Almost like being put in a position of beat the falcons and its normal, but lose to the Falcons and we are overrated.
I know none of that has ANY effect on the game or players (hopefully)
But I've just been getting a bad feeling.
Like we've now taken a team that has been the better team for the majority of the season, with home field advantage, and almost with all those advantages, now giving them an extra boost by making them an underdog at home. Combined with the chip on their shoulder of early playoff exits multiple years.
I havent had this feeling since the BCS championship game with LSU vs Alabama ( sadly i was on the LSU side for that one)
So my fellow 12's, i know nothing like stats or history i can be told can calm this feeling, only a Seahawks win on Sunday.
I just want to know anyone else have a not so good feeling.
Or even better, anyone have a feeling like, its going to happen, just a feeling like you know the Hawks will win. Without fan biased?
Sorry so long, But days worth of time to kill.

The Grouch

Reaction score
A bottle of pepto should help you out... :th2thumbs:

I felt that way about the last game, but wouldn't admit it. I feel good about this one. If history is any indicator it will be a hard win, but a win non the less.
Just my :twocents:

VHawk

Reaction score
Wow, you would think by now you would not question this team.This team is peaking at the right time and Atlanta has all the mental pressure of being one and done again.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I hope youre right. Cause if not ill have to skip the pepto and go to my old friend jack and his good friend coke.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
We call it pressure they could call it motivation. A good team having to hear about it for years now. And now people expecting a upstart Seahawks team to handle them at home.It'll be a fight for sure

yungeva

Reaction score
Given the last 3 super bowl champs have played in the playoffs, its no surprise the seahawks are gettuing picked. They are following the model to a tee and hot at the right time.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
We Seahawk fans are simply not used to being viewed as a Super Bowl caliber team, especially by the national media. The fact that so many "experts" are talking about the Seahawks going to the Super Bowl is giving us that same vibe we had back in '05.

I do believe that as a fan, we see things differently than many people who work much more closely with the league and teams. Most years I can "sense" which teams seem destined to make it to the Super Bowl, and I'm getting that "sense" with the Hawks right now.

The Falcons are technically the favorites to win the game, and it would be hard to argue otherwise based on their season-long record and star players. However, most of the guys on NFL Network and ESPN seem to think that the game is either a toss-up or a sure thing for the Seahawks. Not too many "experts" are picking the Falcons over us.

I live in Texas where there are NO Seahawk fans, and most of the time people down here down here don't give two cents of care for the Hawks. Now, they are constantly telling me how great they are and that they think they'll go to the Super Bowl, and I'm having a hard time knowing how to respond. I don't want to come across as a "homer" or overconfident, but I do feel that we are VERY capable of beating ANY team right now, even on the road.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":3hmw1p9i said:
Just so you guys can have a good idea of how much your team is favored over Atlanta.
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=3440163
Public perception won't determine the winner.

The Seahawks are tough.

Can the Falcons step up and play this game at a higher level than they have in any other game they played this year?

If the answer is "yes", then the Falcons will win.

If the answer is anything less, the Seahawks will win.

That's the way that I see this game going down.

And the way the Hawks are playing, Atlanta better expect a full 60-minutes of football this Sunday because that's just what the Hawks will bring.

In other words, the Falcons won't win unless they REALLY step up their game.

Cartire

Reaction score
yungeva":1d7uz3gy said:
Given the last 3 super bowl champs have played in the playoffs, its no surprise the seahawks are gettuing picked. They are following the model to a tee and hot at the right time.
Hmmm. I think I know what your saying, but c'mon man. Reread that.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1derfbo9 said:
Dirty Bird":1derfbo9 said:
Just so you guys can have a good idea of how much your team is favored over Atlanta.
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=3440163
Public perception won't determine the winner.

The Seahawks are tough.

Can the Falcons step up and play this game at a higher level than they have in any other game they played this year?

If the answer is "yes", then the Falcons will win.

If the answer is anything less, the Seahawks will win.

That's the way that I see this game going down.

And the way the Hawks are playing, Atlanta better expect a full 60-minutes of football this Sunday because that's just what the Hawks will bring.

In other words, the Falcons won't win unless they REALLY step up their game.
Yea I don't think that will be the case . Falcons have won ugly when they needed to. Your team has experience in the playoffs but they're still young whereas Falcons have a good mix of young guys and veterans. You also have some new blood, particularly Wilson. The Packers took it to us on our turf in 2010 by means of elite qb play, we couldn't even make them punt once. You guys have an elite defense but this is a QB driven league and I have to give the edge to the Falcons in that regard. Plus you guys came out flat in the first quarter against the Skins so i'm definitely not expecting 60 minutes from your team coupled with the traveling issues. I also agree that public perception or talking heads won't determine the matter but our players definitely hear the disrespect. This is the quietest i've seen Flowery Branch all year, usually when it's quiet is when the Falcons put on their best showings.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":2f9t99g6 said:
We call it pressure they could call it motivation. A good team having to hear about it for years now. And now people expecting a upstart Seahawks team to handle them at home.It'll be a fight for sure

Ya but that's a "fan" poll, and let's be honest, none of us know what the hell we are talking about. Besides the Hawks are the flavor of the week, because we were the best wilcard game this weekend.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Shock2k":2ou6yfbi said:
Shadyhawk182":2ou6yfbi said:

Ya but that's a "fan" poll, and let's be honest, none of us know what the hell we are talking about. Besides the Hawks are the flavor of the week, because we were the best wilcard game this weekend.
Non-fan poll. Your team is heavily favored.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/19

hawker84

Reaction score
"Yea I don't think that will be the case . Falcons have won ugly when they needed to. Your team has experience in the playoffs but they're still young whereas Falcons have a good mix of young guys and veterans. You also have some new blood, particularly Wilson. The Packers took it to us on our turf in 2010 by means of elite qb play, we couldn't even make them punt once. You guys have an elite defense but this is a QB driven league and I have to give the edge to the Falcons in that regard. Plus you guys came out flat in the first quarter against the Skins so i'm definitely not expecting 60 minutes from your team coupled with the traveling issues. I also agree that public perception or talking heads won't determine the matter but our players definitely hear the disrespect. This is the quietest i've seen Flowery Branch all year, usually when it's quiet is when the Falcons put on their best showings".

there is an awful lot of wrong in this post....
1, our defense is not elite on the road, we're not counting on them to win us this game, more so keep us in it..
2. QB driven league..? have you seen RW's stats
3. if you're expecting our D to come out flat like they did last weekend, you're putting your hopes on a previous game that has no empact on this game what so ever.. they could come out flat again, then again the could come out and punch ATL in the face. that's this defense, never know what you're going to get week in week out.

no offense but this post is just based on hopes and dreams

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
hawker84":1mq3zlb1 said:
"Yea I don't think that will be the case . Falcons have won ugly when they needed to. Your team has experience in the playoffs but they're still young whereas Falcons have a good mix of young guys and veterans. You also have some new blood, particularly Wilson. The Packers took it to us on our turf in 2010 by means of elite qb play, we couldn't even make them punt once. You guys have an elite defense but this is a QB driven league and I have to give the edge to the Falcons in that regard. Plus you guys came out flat in the first quarter against the Skins so i'm definitely not expecting 60 minutes from your team coupled with the traveling issues. I also agree that public perception or talking heads won't determine the matter but our players definitely hear the disrespect. This is the quietest i've seen Flowery Branch all year, usually when it's quiet is when the Falcons put on their best showings".

there is an awful lot of wrong in this post....
1, our defense is not elite on the road, we're not counting on them to win us this game, more so keep us in it..
2. QB driven league..? have you seen RW's stats
3. if you're expecting our D to come out flat like they did last weekend, you're putting your hopes on a previous game that has no empact on this game what so ever.. they could come out flat again, then again the could come out and punch ATL in the face. that's this defense, never know what you're going to get week in week out.

no offense but this post is just based on hopes and dreams
#1 in PPG allowed isn't elite? I was talking in general. Russell Wilson is a game manager like most rookie QB's at this point in his career. There are a good number of QB's i'd take over him, plus he doesn't seem all that great passing from the pocket because of how short he is. Fact was your D came out flat in the first quarter no if ands or buts about it. I'm not expecting them to play for 60 minutes especially if their not elite on the road like you stated.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Earlier in the season Wilson was a game manager. That all changed from the end of the Bears game on.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This perception isn't really of the Seahawks specifically, but of the fact that the last (I think) 3 of 4 SB winners have played in the Wildcard round of the playoffs. So, everyone is looking for the next hot team, and we're elected.

From a talent perspective, and style of play, if both teams play an average game, Seahawks win.

Seattle will have to lose the turnover battle, not contain the offense, and also score less than 20 points to lose this game.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
"expert" picks are still a fan poll riding on the bandwagon of the "hotter" team. #$@% the experts.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I find it funny that in all of the trash being strewn about, Seattle's receiving corps are never mentioned. Hope this means that everyone is making the same mistake that GB and NE made early on and not giving Tate, Rice, Miller etc. any respect at all until they get bit in the ass for about 25 yards by one of them. Elite? Maybe not, but damn good nonetheless.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I think it will help our team massively that they came out flat against the Redskins.

If there's been one trend that's been consistent all season with the Seahawks, it is that week to week they identify the #1 thing they have to work on, and they make progress on it the following week.

I'm absolutely certain that the Seahawks were surprised at the playoff atmosphere at FedEx Field, and between that and the intensity in the actual game, it took a quarter for them to get up to speed.

I don't see the Seahawks sitting back in the first quarter, at all. In fact, with the post game comments from everyone, including Pete, they stated that you can't win a game in the first quarter... but I suspect that after that, PC was reminding everyone that you can make it harder on yourself if you get behind in the first quarter...

Again, if I had to look at anything from the last game, a general teaching point across the whole team, it's that we need to be ready to play at the coin toss. Period, end of story. I suspect that this has been the exact teaching point this week.