Question about ROY

kidhawk

Reaction score
Official voting for things like Rookie of the year etc. is done by the writers and the voting has been done already. Fan voting is a completely different award

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Awh rats, so then there's two ROY awards, the one that's closed and the one I linked? But presumably the one that matters is the one that's closed, rats.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't be 100% certain, but If I remember correctly, last year there was a show on the NFL network where they gave out awards like the one you have linked above, so it's not that it doesn't matter per se, but it's just not the one people discuss much. So if Wilson wins this but RGIII wins the writers one, then in the future, you'd here that RGIII was offensive ROY.

The most important accomplishment of course is the Lombardi, and I'm sure RW would trade in every individual award for that one.

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
kidhawk":39g1za0h said:
So if Wilson wins this but RGIII wins the writers one, then in the future, you'd here that RGIII was offensive ROY.

The most important accomplishment of course is the Lombardi, and I'm sure RW would trade in every individual award for that one.

Yeah that's it that exactly what I was trying to get across, asking which one is you know THE Rookie of the Year. Thanks for the answers!

rideaducati

Reaction score
This voting is for "Pepsi" ROY and not the NFL. Pepsi sponsors awards voted on by fans and the NFL awards are voted on by writers.

nwgamer

Reaction score
The Pepsi ones are a joke imho. Any poll where you can vote more than once is just plain silly.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck will beat Russell Wilson in the Pepsi vote because the Colts/Redskins fans have more time on their hands this week.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The official awards are the Associated Press (AP) awards.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawknballs":36qeefbx said:
The official awards are the Associated Press (AP) awards.

We're screwed there too, because the voting for that by the AP chosen ones finished before the playoffs.