Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: PFF shoutout for CB Byron Maxwell
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:13 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... p-week-15/

Quote:
Maxwell allowed just one reception for 15 yards against the other Bills receivers. And the one occasion when Buffalo isolated Johnson against Maxwell, with 5:25 left in the fourth quarter, the second-year corner batted away Ryan Fitzpatrick’s deep pass.

This week, he draws Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post subject: Re: PFF shoutout for CB Byron Maxwell
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/20/next-man-up-week-15/

Quote:
Maxwell allowed just one reception for 15 yards against the other Bills receivers. And the one occasion when Buffalo isolated Johnson against Maxwell, with 5:25 left in the fourth quarter, the second-year corner batted away Ryan Fitzpatrick’s deep pass.

This week, he draws Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree.

But someone on .Net said he was terrible!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Ever the optimist, Montana is.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:33 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Apparently, I'm capable of being wrong.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I saw that, was so proud of him :D MAXWELL!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm 
NET Veteran

Funny, I thought Maxwell would end up a better pro than Richard Sherman when both were drafted. Show's how much I know... Then, I watched a few preseason games and realized how wrong I was, but I never gave up hope on Maxwell. I was pretty upset when he got injured earlier this season, only because I felt he was going the "Walter Thurmond route", no offense to WTIII who I really like.

Now that Maxwell's back, I can see why the coaches were high on him coming out of Clemson. He definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder. Tough and physical at the line of scrimmage with solid recovery speed and an imposing style of play. We could use that since we haven't had much in the way of physically intimidating play from the secondary since the New England game.

What matters is... THIS SECONDARY IS LOADED! And one of the best "coached-up" units in the league. The team identifies a certain skillset they desire and gets the right guys to perform at least consistently solid. Tru's got some competition on his hands. Hopefully Maxwell can keep it up and Lane can step up his game and we might not miss Sherm as much if he is proven guilty.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Yeh but what is his DVOA?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Devastatingly Vicious Offense Annihilator?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]