If the NFL were going to end in five years.......

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • And you knew there were only five more opportunities left for the Seahawks to win a Super Bowl which quarterbacks would you trade Wilson for? I think the list will be relatively short but wan ted to see how my opinions differed from the rest of you. I've given this a fair amount of thought this evening and tried to be as unbiased as possible. So here's my list:

For sure: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees

Probably: Ben Roethlisberger (toughest call), Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Why would we need to trade Wilson? He can do it himself!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Tom Brady, Rodgers, Manning (either one, honestly), Big Ben (kill me now), Brees
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• None. Honestly. Sometime in the next 5 years Wilson is going to get one, maybe more than one.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:None. Honestly. Sometime in the next 5 years Wilson is going to get one, maybe more than one.

If you're truly being unbiased you can't possibly deny that Aaron Rodgers as our QB wouldn't increase our chances of a Super Bowl ring.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:None. Honestly. Sometime in the next 5 years Wilson is going to get one, maybe more than one.

If you're truly being unbiased you can't possibly deny that Aaron Rodgers as our QB wouldn't increase our chances of a Super Bowl ring.

I just can't get away from how good Wilson is under pressure. Kinda like Joe Montana if his wiki page is true.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:Tom Brady, Rodgers, Manning (either one, honestly), Big Ben (kill me now), Brees

Go to your room!!!
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Am I the only one who cant do increbilely hypothetical questions like this? I mean why not just go back and take Johhny Unitas?
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aaron Rodgers would not be productive with our system, IMHO. Not because he couldn't hit receivers but because our line issues are being masked by RW mobility. I don't think Rodgers is as mobile. I keep RW.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Aw hell no. None. Give me Wilson or give me death!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I would stick with Wilson. And no I'm not even sort of joking. I'm that convinced he's going to win us our first Super Bowl within 5 years.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Those Mayans better be wrong...
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:Those Mayans better be wrong...

Course they are wrong. That's why the dummies disappeared.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• If the answer doesn't factor their salaries (huge cap hit... current team decimated in the trade) then Rodgers...maybe E.manning

If we would tune the offense 100% to his strengths (and cable would bitch slap him every time he exposed himself to unnecessary contact) then...MAYBE....Wait a damned second...(and we got the rams draft haul from the skins trade to get him) RGIII

otherwise?PSSHHHH..no thank you..rollin with Dangeruss
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• Well you didn't say football ended, so I would just watch College or CFL. Must watch football!

Bring on the gigantic endzones and maple leafs!
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:And you knew there were only five more opportunities left for the Seahawks to win a Super Bowl which quarterbacks would you trade Wilson for? I think the list will be relatively short but wan ted to see how my opinions differed from the rest of you. I've given this a fair amount of thought this evening and tried to be as unbiased as possible. So here's my list:

For sure: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees

Probably: Ben Roethlisberger (toughest call), Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning

None, Brady is too old and could have a career ending injury at any moment. Brees is over the hill and his play of late is showing it. Remember he had shoulder surgery. Aaron Rodgers is too overconfident and I don't believe he puts in the time like he used to.

I would trade Russell Wilson for no one.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Aaron Rodgers has been kind of a bitchpants lately. No thanks.

Call it homerism, but I'd stick with DangeRuss over any other QB any day of the week.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• With the way Wilson has steadily been improving each and every game I'm surprised anyone would pick another QB. This kid, as stated earlier, will lead us to a SB win if not several. If you doubt that just re-watch the Bears game when he carried the team on his back to win it. Hell, just re-watch the game anyway, it was bloody awesome!
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aaron Rodgers, maybe RG3. And that's it.

Brady is terrific, but he wouldn't be playing in the same offense here, and he's 34. Drew Brees is starting to feel his age a bit. Peyton Manning is still very good, but for how much longer? Since week five Wilson has been one of the best QBs in the NFL and he's still getting better.

I'd take Rodgers over him since our offense is similar enough to Green Bay's that you could expect him to produce for us. That plus he's young enough to still give you a shot at a title 5 years from now. He also has playoff experience and Superbowl experience. RG3 is a close one, but I'd probably trade for him too just because his ceiling is so ridiculously high and he's achieving it faster than anyone thought. He's a fast learner and a hard worker. He can take over a game in a way that even Wilson can't.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Brady, peyton manning, then i would take big ben before discount double check boy though..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Andrew Luck is by everyone's account a LOT better so that will be the obvious pick.........

:sarcasm_off:
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information