Sherman & Browner suspension news

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 pm
  • That's what makes this so intriguing. Sherman is a guy who is very intelligent, and has never had an off field issue. He knows you can't beat or get around a positive test.

I find it really bizarre that they both tested positive at the same time....both starting CBs, and both in the middle of a playoff run.

The other bizarre thing is, they've both been very healthy, not coming off of injury or anything, and have both been playing at a very high level. They don't even need to cheat. The conspiracy theorist in my cries foul !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm
  • Twisted wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

:34853_doh:
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Twisted wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

I don't think Twisted has ever been concerned with accuracy.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 pm
  • Jiggy wrote:Regarding Browner. So he said he saw his urinalysis sample poured into a container other then the one he did the deed in?

There is absolutely NO WAY I would let that fly if it were me. It's hard to believe that is an acceptable practice in the NFL.

I don't know this as a fact, just stating something I heard repeated on the radio in regards to the pouring issue. I heard this the other day, and can't recall who they were quoting, but said that an ex-player had told them that what happens is you give a large enough sample so there is enough for multiple tests. It is then separated into 2 or 3 containers (Sample A, Sample B and sometimes Sample C). If A turns up dirty, they can run a re-test on sample B if necessary. This may explain why they would pour the sample into a second container. Why this isn't done back in a secured lab, makes no sense to me though.

Anyway, please don't spread the above as fact. It's third hand information that I'm passing on for it's informational value as a possibility.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 pm
  • They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.

2 containers - off to the lab start work on Monday or in this case - stay home for 4 weeks......

Since 1988 and Ben Johnson I have given the testing agencies the benefit of the doubt and all "i bought a supplement in the grocery story guys" the zero benefit of a doubt (and no I am not a Canadian but a used to like track and field which is way more stringent than any of the professional leagues)

I honestly don't care what they took or how they got it. IF they have positive A and B test sorry it is your fault.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 am
  • The Radish wrote:I think we are all whistling in the wind. How many times have you seen the NFL back off these things?

Oh they might be able to cut the suspensions in half or so but doubtful they are going to be able to get off completely.

:les:

A ny giant had a 4 game one and it was reduced to none. Just this year.... Is rare though, true.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1210636

" Three Giants have blamed Adderall for positive drug tests this year, including safeties Tyler Sash and Will Hill, and running back Andre Brown. Brown won an appeal and did not have to serve a suspension."
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 am
  • I don't see how Browner got caught up, somethings off about that to me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 am
  • mikeak wrote:They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.

I took several urinalysis tests back in the 90's, and they never poured or separated it in front of me. They put the tape over the lid and had me sign it.

Now, all of our tests are done by hair samples.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 am
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Twisted wrote:

I wasn't going to touch this one...
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information