Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Which Jerk are you?
Pregame Jerk 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Midgame Jerk 44%  44%  [ 19 ]
Postgame Jerk 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
All the above 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: Which type are you?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 pm 
* NET Baller *

This season so far, I've noticed 3 different kinds of negativity.

The Pregame Jerk: This person usually cool, calm, and collective up until about an hour before the game. Then injury reports come out, over analysis finally gets to this person, then out come the snarky comments of house such & such player sucks and how we have no chance because so & so is out of the game, their world literally becomes a dark and awful place directly before gametime.

The Midgame Jerk:You usually hear or in .NET's case read these types of responses, OH MY GOD WE'RE HORRIBLE!!! FIRE THE COACH!!! BENCH HIM!!! and my personal favorite NEED MORE EFFORT!!!

The Postgame Jerk: This person usually feels like the world literally just ended after the game, win or lose. They can't help but feel some type of way in either way of extremes, either they're uncontrollably happy, or unbearable to others while they're pissed.

Last edited by Throwdown on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Which type are you?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 pm 
NET Veteran

I am a very unpleasant person during any close game. If we're blowing out or getting blown out then I'm less invested and less worked up.

I definitely wouldn't trade being in every game to going back to devastating losses, but the latter was definitely better for my blood pressure.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

What about all of the above?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm 
* NET Baller *

suppaball wrote:
What about all of the above?

Forgot that option, fixed.

I used to be the pregame and midgame, now I'm the pregame jerk, totally unbearable before the game.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

My wife would say I am the Postgame Jerk, no question.

I am relatively cool before the game (nervous), semi-schizo during the game (duh), but after the game, I am a poster boy for Bi-Polar Disorder depending on if we won or lost. If we won, I am living in a land of rainbows and lolipops...If We lose, I am festering on the edge of homicide. Okay, maybe homicide is over doing it. Festering on the edge of 2nd degree assault if the opposing team's fan is in my face. Okay, that works.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Throwdown wrote:
I used to be the pregame and midgame, now I'm the pregame jerk, totally unbearable before the game.

Ahhh, don't sell yourself short. After all, it's friday and look at me :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

WHOOOHOOO all of the above in the lead!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I would consider myself mainly a mid-game jerk....while I'm watching the game I get soooo worked up..... "that's a bad call!" "that's garbage!" "terrible play call!" etc, and usually cool off and rationalize things after the game...."we won because we did ______" or "we lost because _____".

I'm very optimistic before every game, I don't know know that I have ever gone into a game NOT thinking we could win, even in our worst years.

The only reason I may feel like I'm a hybrid with post game jerk is because my week really is made by the Seahawks performance....a win and I'm ecstatic and riding high til about Wednesday until I CAN'T wait for the next game to win again....a loss and I'm so bummed out until about Wednesday until I CAN'T wait until he next game so we can redeem ourselves.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:21 am 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
This season so far, I've noticed 3 different kinds of negativity.

The Pregame Jerk: This person usually cool, calm, and collective up until about an hour before the game. Then injury reports come out, over analysis finally gets to this person, then out come the snarky comments of house such & such player sucks and how we have no chance because so & so is out of the game, their world literally becomes a dark and awful place directly before gametime.

The Midgame Jerk:You usually hear or in .NET's case read these types of responses, OH MY GOD WE'RE HORRIBLE!!! FIRE THE COACH!!! BENCH HIM!!! and my personal favorite NEED MORE EFFORT!!!

The Postgame Jerk: This person usually feels like the world literally just ended after the game, win or lose. They can't help but feel some type of way in either way of extremes, either they're uncontrollably happy, or unbearable to others while they're pissed.

You have enough experience with us every week, which one would you say I am? :stirthepot:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:33 am 
NET Rookie

I'm usually the postgame. Usually after a loss in a very winable game and against a hated team. :49ersmall: I usually let it go by late wed, or thursday and look towards the next one.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 am 
NET Veteran

I guess I'm just not a jerk.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 am 
NET Veteran

none of the above option? I just don't get overly emotional about it... I care, and get super excited, but I don't get more than bummed out from losses.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 am 
NET Veteran

Definitely Mid-Game Jerk. Pacing, yelling, etc.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 am 
NET Veteran

Where is the Colbert loves Bears option ?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:43 am 
* NET Baller *

PlinytheCenter wrote:
Definitely Mid-Game Jerk. Pacing, yelling, etc.

You must be a joy

Haha just looked at the results... All I can really say is...

ALLLLLLLLL BYYYYYYYYYY MYYYYYSELLLLLLLLLLFFFFF

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

You guys realize we all just got called a bunch of jerks? :mrgreen:

Went with all of the above :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:29 am 
NET Veteran

Before the game I am full of hope. During the game I am consumed with doubt. After the game shocked with disbelief.

That's been wins and losses this year except for Dallas.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 am 
* NET Baller *

grizbob wrote:
You guys realize we all just got called a bunch of jerks? :mrgreen:

Went with all of the above :lol:

;)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 am 
NET Veteran

Midgame Jerk, I dont really show it in my posting but during every game that we're struggling in you better believe that each Seahawk player/coach is getting cursed at.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:18 am 
* NET Radish *

Aww come on, you've never lived any of those things until you have to moderate all of the above.

:D

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Before the game, I convince myself we are going to lose somehow. Defense mechanism? Then the kickoff, I realize that absolutely none of this is in my control, and just enjoy, though I admit to a lot of nerves. Afterwards, I am usually fine, win or lose. With the exception of SB 40, I was a jerk for a long time after that one. Maybe I still am.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Starter

I guess I am a bi-polar fan. I am overly happy when we win or make big plays and sad or just meh when we lose. I do try to always stay positive after a loss and I get frustrated when I see "fans" comment on how "our team sucks and the season is officially over" after a loss. I guess that is why I tend to stay off the forums for a day or 2 after we lose. I can't stand some people that say they are fans but knock our team so bad after a loss. If you are a real hawks fan you should be used to the downs by now!

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 am 
NET Veteran

Definitely post game jerk. And theres something about mid game jerks that I just dont mesh well with. I get pissed when someone starts cursing at the whole team for making a bad play. Its like, just shut up and let the hawks redeem themselves. If they dont and they lose then b**** then, but please shut your trap and watch the game before then.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 am 
NET Veteran

I'm almost always very confident pre-game, especially at home games. During the games, I get very intense, and catch myself getting a little more negative than in the past, maybe just high expectations etc. Post game, if we lose, I'm pretty bummed and quiet, if we win, I'm in a great mood all day. I don't talk smack after the fact, unless we're playing a team I hate and they kind of bring it on during the game. So, I guess during the game Jerk for sure. I call it intense, I'm sure my wife would call it Psycho. In fact, she has told me she hates when we lose because of how I act :) She CLAIMS I almost hit a guy driving home after a loss last year, I say that's b.s. hahahaha

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I'm good for a frustrated "JESUS!!" or "WTF??" a couple times during the game but I have to say for the most part I no longer let a bad game completely ruin my mood and I definitely don't take it out on the people around me. You jerks.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

Yeah, I'm way better than in the past. I stay bummed for a couple hours and that's about it. Been working hard on not getting too negative and letting the game play out. Not to mention, paying 80 bucks a pop for my tickets, I might as well enjoy the damn game :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 am 
* NET Baller *

SoulfishHawk wrote:
I'm almost always very confident pre-game, especially at home games. During the games, I get very intense, and catch myself getting a little more negative than in the past, maybe just high expectations etc. Post game, if we lose, I'm pretty bummed and quiet, if we win, I'm in a great mood all day. I don't talk smack after the fact, unless we're playing a team I hate and they kind of bring it on during the game. So, I guess during the game Jerk for sure. I call it intense, I'm sure my wife would call it Psycho. In fact, she has told me she hates when we lose because of how I act :) She CLAIMS I almost hit a guy driving home after a loss last year, I say that's b.s. hahahaha

Haha When I was in HS, my parents didn't even want to be around me after a loss. It was bad, I'd let it effect me for a whole week, good thing they were good when I was in HS, I wouldn't of had many friends.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 am 
* NET Draft Guru *

I'm a postgame jerk. Not a "freak out" jerk who claims that the sky is falling, fire Carroll, etc, but I will be in a bad mood til sleep, and possibly the next day as well if the loss was particularly bad/tough. That's an improvement, it used to take until midweek for me to bounce back. Even my friends don't text me after a loss unless they want to vent (and hear me vent) about the game.

We're celebrating my Mom's birthday right after the game tomorrow, so for her sake I'd really like a win. Otherwise I'll have to try really hard not to mutter about the game all night.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:56 am 
NET Pro Bowler

None of the above.....usually. If anything a bit of a mid-game jerk. However, if the Hawks lose a game I feel they should've won because they have superior talent such as last week's Lions game, the Skins last year, the Cardinals a few years back when Hass and SA screwed up an exchange and fumbled, I am VERY much a post-game jerk. This past week has not been a good week for my attitude/outlook.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:08 am 
NET Veteran

Now for Road game, omfg. Year after Year after Year of watching them blow games they should win, that's another level.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:46 pm 
NET Rookie

CaptainSkybeard wrote:
Before the game I am full of hope. During the game I am consumed with doubt. After the game shocked with disbelief.

That's been wins and losses this year except for Dallas.

This is exactly how I feel

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

I am the swarmy, smug fan sipping a goblet of vino watching those less well adjusted as I go berserk. Then I just smile at my awesomeness. Pour me another glass you peasant!

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]