Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Postgame Jerk

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • All the above

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Before the game, I convince myself we are going to lose somehow. Defense mechanism? Then the kickoff, I realize that absolutely none of this is in my control, and just enjoy, though I admit to a lot of nerves. Afterwards, I am usually fine, win or lose. With the exception of SB 40, I was a jerk for a long time after that one. Maybe I still am.

12thMode

Reaction score
I guess I am a bi-polar fan. I am overly happy when we win or make big plays and sad or just meh when we lose. I do try to always stay positive after a loss and I get frustrated when I see "fans" comment on how "our team sucks and the season is officially over" after a loss. I guess that is why I tend to stay off the forums for a day or 2 after we lose. I can't stand some people that say they are fans but knock our team so bad after a loss. If you are a real hawks fan you should be used to the downs by now!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Definitely post game jerk. And theres something about mid game jerks that I just dont mesh well with. I get pissed when someone starts cursing at the whole team for making a bad play. Its like, just shut up and let the hawks redeem themselves. If they dont and they lose then b**** then, but please shut your trap and watch the game before then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm almost always very confident pre-game, especially at home games. During the games, I get very intense, and catch myself getting a little more negative than in the past, maybe just high expectations etc. Post game, if we lose, I'm pretty bummed and quiet, if we win, I'm in a great mood all day. I don't talk smack after the fact, unless we're playing a team I hate and they kind of bring it on during the game. So, I guess during the game Jerk for sure. I call it intense, I'm sure my wife would call it Psycho. In fact, she has told me she hates when we lose because of how I act :) She CLAIMS I almost hit a guy driving home after a loss last year, I say that's b.s. hahahaha

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm good for a frustrated "JESUS!!" or "WTF??" a couple times during the game but I have to say for the most part I no longer let a bad game completely ruin my mood and I definitely don't take it out on the people around me. You jerks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm way better than in the past. I stay bummed for a couple hours and that's about it. Been working hard on not getting too negative and letting the game play out. Not to mention, paying 80 bucks a pop for my tickets, I might as well enjoy the damn game :)

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2omak65b said:
I'm almost always very confident pre-game, especially at home games. During the games, I get very intense, and catch myself getting a little more negative than in the past, maybe just high expectations etc. Post game, if we lose, I'm pretty bummed and quiet, if we win, I'm in a great mood all day. I don't talk smack after the fact, unless we're playing a team I hate and they kind of bring it on during the game. So, I guess during the game Jerk for sure. I call it intense, I'm sure my wife would call it Psycho. In fact, she has told me she hates when we lose because of how I act :) She CLAIMS I almost hit a guy driving home after a loss last year, I say that's b.s. hahahaha

Haha When I was in HS, my parents didn't even want to be around me after a loss. It was bad, I'd let it effect me for a whole week, good thing they were good when I was in HS, I wouldn't of had many friends.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I'm a postgame jerk. Not a "freak out" jerk who claims that the sky is falling, fire Carroll, etc, but I will be in a bad mood til sleep, and possibly the next day as well if the loss was particularly bad/tough. That's an improvement, it used to take until midweek for me to bounce back. Even my friends don't text me after a loss unless they want to vent (and hear me vent) about the game.

We're celebrating my Mom's birthday right after the game tomorrow, so for her sake I'd really like a win. Otherwise I'll have to try really hard not to mutter about the game all night.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
None of the above.....usually. If anything a bit of a mid-game jerk. However, if the Hawks lose a game I feel they should've won because they have superior talent such as last week's Lions game, the Skins last year, the Cardinals a few years back when Hass and SA screwed up an exchange and fumbled, I am VERY much a post-game jerk. This past week has not been a good week for my attitude/outlook.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now for Road game, omfg. Year after Year after Year of watching them blow games they should win, that's another level.

SeaChase

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":22ylxhot said:
Before the game I am full of hope. During the game I am consumed with doubt. After the game shocked with disbelief.

That's been wins and losses this year except for Dallas.

This is exactly how I feel

drdiags

Reaction score
I am the swarmy, smug fan sipping a goblet of vino watching those less well adjusted as I go berserk. Then I just smile at my awesomeness. Pour me another glass you peasant!