Is our O-Line finally gelling?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but this could be the most continuity we have had at offensive line in a really long time. The only changes I've seen were linemen coming back from injury and Omiyale starting in week 2. We managed to give up zero sacks yesterday despite facing a fierce defensive line. Some of it may also be due to RW learning to remain calm longer in the pocket and trusting his linemen more.

I noticed we had a tough time running through the middle yesterday which could reason be why we ran more sweeps than usual.

Also, we've been keeping penalties at a minimum lately.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Detroits front 4 are REALLY good. Running up the middle on that team is not an easy thing to accomplish. This was the type of defense where a guy like Forsett would really be an asset due to how fast he can get to the corner. Pitching to Lynch helped him get to the corner, but speed is not his main strength (not saying he's slow, just that he's more a power runner). Turbin is also not the speedy type that can hit that outside run consistently. Our running game was in trouble from the get go Sunday. Wilson was able to step up the passing attack though and that helped keep us in this thing.

As for the O-lline, I think they are not the type of group to get a lot of accolades, but they are an overall solid group that are growing slowly to become a good unit. We may never see any Pro Bowlers out of this group, but they have the ability to play well as a unit and that should honestly be good enough.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Saw a stat that showed Russell Okung allowed ZERO QB hurries on him. As Borat would say, "Very Niiicee!"

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
That was one of the pleasant surprises yesterday. Pass protection was spot on. Russell had a ton of time to throw the ball. It was the Defense that dropped the ball yesterday. Same fricken crap the Niners pulled on us. Pick on the middle of the defense and make our LBs look like pop warner. Sigh.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd still say our O-Line is a work in progress when it comes to pass protection. Wilson's ability to scramble and escape to the outside and still find a positive play masks some of what you're seeing as "gelling."

If you want to see good pass blocking, look no further than the Lions yesterday.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
3rd game in a row with the same O-line in place. Let's hope they are gelling...and no more changes the rest of the season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Seems like there has been a lot of improvement, but the run blocking yesterday looked really bad until Marshawn broke the huge run