Week 8 - Carroll Press Conference Friday

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Week 8 - Carroll Press Conference Friday
Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm
  • http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 868a8b9f8e

Video of Pete's friday presser for those who want to watch...for those who don't here's my quick take

Jones is going with the team but listed as doubtful. He's important to our pass rush, but Scruggs is a better rusher than they'd originally thought and will get some time for sure either way

Moffit is travelling as well and won't start...they haven't made their decision on if he'll play at all Sunday

Thurmond is travelling too, but no decision on his activation until game day

Said we need to get our numbers up on third down and we need to do better inside the red zone. Spent a lot of time on it (redzone play) this week.

Detroit has the number 1 red zone defense according to pete

Both Tate and Edwards will have time this week and both are working hard and will be ready to go this week. Said Tate worked Extremely hard this week.

He knows we haven't been able to take care of the ball and get turnovers on the road. Said we need to do better there on both sides of the ball.

Reminded them about the Carolina game and how we used those big turnovers in the second half to win this game

Gave some props to Carpenter for having been so determined to get back on the field and how hard he worked. There was some talk of an award, but I couldn't quite catch what the award was for. I assume it had something to do with the return from injury, but couldn't make that part out.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-15330

Found this article that called the award Carpenter received the Ed Block Courage award..

Offensive lineman James Carpenter is this year’s recipient of the Ed Block courage award, an honor voted on by teammates which goes to the player who exemplifies commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Good for Carp. For awhile I was his last fan.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Carp's legs still look to be bothering him. Hope he gets through this year unscathed. Congrats to him.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Thanks for the synopsis, Kid. A lot of us don't have the time or tech to watch the video, and we really appreciate the breakdowns.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I didn't realize Detroit was #1 shutting down red zone offense. Doesn't make for a good combo considering our red zone woes. Nice to hear about the extra work on it this week although I wouldn't expect anything less considering, still nice to hear.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• Shane Falco wrote:I didn't realize Detroit was #1 shutting down red zone offense. Doesn't make for a good combo considering our red zone woes. Nice to hear about the extra work on it this week although I wouldn't expect anything less considering, still nice to hear.

Bypass the red zone with some RW bombs to Rice, Tate and Edwards. Rice and Tate need to atone for drops last weekend, so they should be ready to ball.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information