Congrats to the 49ers

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Congrats to the 49ers and their coaching staff, they played and coached a hell of a second half. I thought the Seahawks had a few opportunities offensively in the first half, and they obviously missed out on them.

Playing a great defense like San Francisco's is like facing a great pitcher in baseball. You have to get to them early. The Seahawks had an outstanding game plan in the first half, I loved the matchups they were creating and the personnel packages, but I thought they shot all their bullets.

I'm going to vent about this in The Shack, but I found it extremely frustrating how the 49ers kept hitting those freakin Trap plays. I didn't think the Seahawks defense played team defense today. The 49ers stress every possible gap in the running game, and you have to play real sound and real physical to match up with them. I thought the Seahawks failed tonight on both accounts.

I think its important to remember that this is a young team, that isn't real seasoned. The 49ers have been through the fire, they've been at the doorstep of the Super Bowl. They know how to take that next step, to knotch the physicality up another level. The Seahawks played hard, but the great teams, those tough teams are able to ratchet that intensity up just a little bit more.

Sure, I'm disappointed that they lost, I thought this game could've been had. But I think this was an important game in the maturation process of this team. They went toe to toe with, in my opinion, the toughest, most physical team in the NFL. And yeah, they lost this battle, they got roughed up a little bit. But dammit, this is part of the process.

You've got to get beat, you've got to struggle, and be a little embarassed, as I believe the defense is tonight, to build the resolve to get to the next level.

redeye81

Reaction score
Exactly.. we were out coached and OUTplayed.. Let's LEARN from it and move on...

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of being out coached. When was the last time we had a superior coaching performance that decided a game? Truth is, the NFCW has some great coaches, and there are no easy games. Even going back to Stanford, seems the Harbaugh has Pete's number. Fish, Harbaugh, and Wisenhunt are fine coaches who make adjustments. I'm sure Pete is just as good and this is just the frustration talking right now, I just have never felt a tremendous head coaching advantage on game day like I would like to.

OP
OP
seahawk2k

seahawk2k

Reaction score
How about the fourth quarter of the game last week?

Shaz

Reaction score
Congrats to the 49ers, it was a sound win and a defensive struggle

Seahawks aren't out of it though, we have a long season to go

Go Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
The 49ers came back strong in the 2nd half and showed early in the game that Gore could get his before they started trying to throw. Seahawks were game and had some great efforts by Lynch and the OL but as expected the offense is not a mature product. This would have been a great chance for the offense to prove it was ready, it just didn't take that step.

The 178 yds of rushing by the 49ers was disappointing but today the opponent gets to crow and our guys get to lick their wounds and get back to work.

rjdriver

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2vqse964 said:
How about the fourth quarter of the game last week?

Fair enough. I missed that game last week, but from what I read Pete and co. did a great job. Good to know we can outcoach Ron Rivera ;)

I'm sure you are right and I know Pete is a great coach, I'm just frustrated because I really thought this was a statement game. I really wanted the Hawks to win this game, I think we win the NFC West if we win tonight. Not saying we can't or won't, but we would have been in the drivers seat.