Josh Gordon is auctioning off his SB Ring

xray

Reaction score
Drugs are expensive .

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":q0wys0h7 said:
It's a patriots ring...he knows it wasnt won within the rules. I dont blame him.

So, it should be designated: Superbowl* Ring

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2v5qpela said:
Maybe, like me, Josh doesn't place much value on bling. Or maybe he wants to flush his past history and write a completely new one, including a NEW SB ring with the Seahawks...

I'm that way too. Sentimental value is overrated.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No, thats just strange.. it's a legacy.. a legacy for his kids and family and on down the line. I find it very strange that anyone would do that.

chris98251

Reaction score
He probably doesn't think he deserves it, may have been taking something that should have had him suspended and this could be part of his reparation's to get back in the league, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors and he was trying to get his audience with Goodell.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2clnns5q said:
No, thats just strange.. it's a legacy.. a legacy for his kids and family and on down the line. I find it very strange that anyone would do that.
Same here. Can't fathom it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is sad!

I’d hope RW or one of his Pats teammates step up grab the ring and in time give it back. This player is a legitimate talent who has demons. I truly hope he he finally has it together but his history isn’t his best friend.

In the end his story is a story of real talent wasted. I hope he finally has come to a point where he can move ahead without those demons and realize his potential.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe he feels he really wasn't that much a part of the team....Who knows. Over time, I just get rid of stuff I thought I wanted to keep, it's all meaningless material crap...much better things await.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent80":25uz960g said:
Maybe he feels he really wasn't that much a part of the team....Who knows. Over time, I just get rid of stuff I thought I wanted to keep, it's all meaningless material crap...much better things await.

Makes sense if you consider a Super bowl ring a meaningless material crap I guess.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
It basically is. When you die, it's immediate crap. If you tie yourself to it, ummm ok, but it's still material crap that means jack squat at the next level.

FPD

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1xnbllz1 said:
Largent80":1xnbllz1 said:
Makes sense if you consider a Super bowl ring a meaningless material crap I guess.

Largent80":1xnbllz1 said:
It basically is. When you die, it's immediate crap. If you tie yourself to it, ummm ok, but it's still material crap that means jack squat at the next level.

I don't have a problem with him selling it. It is just material stuff anyway. Yeah, it is a rare Superbowl ring, but even that is still just material stuff.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
FPD":3cqmrerk said:
Bobblehead":3cqmrerk said:
Largent80":3cqmrerk said:

Largent80":3cqmrerk said:

I don't have a problem with him selling it. It is just material stuff anyway. Yeah, it is a rare Superbowl ring, but even that is still just material stuff.

No, it's about tradition, it's about legacy.. Wouldn't you like to have a super bowl ring from the 70's or earlier if it was passed down to you by your great grandfather.. but of course.. it's just material and junk.. who would care I guess..