"Couldn't Ask For A Better Situation" -- Bruce Irvin

Jville

Reaction score
"Pass rushing is very difficult in this league," he said. "People just think you can line up out there and the team go get 50 sacks a season. I was in Carolina and we worked our asses off last year to get 54 sacks; it's a grind. With this group, it's a young group. Benson, he produced last year, but I don't think Benson has ever been in a major starting role as a premier rusher, but I have complete 100 percent faith he can do that. We've got a young group, and we've got to work. [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/bruce-irvin-couldn-t-ask-for-a-better-situation-than-return-to-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

I'm looking for the development of a competitive rotation and emergence of player combinations and seynergies. It's what makes a season so interesting.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Count me in as being very pleased that we got Irvin back. I believe the guy can still be what we all liked about him, and more. I also think lots are undervalueing Mayowa's ability, so the pair is IMO a shrewd move by the FO...just like procuring Clowney was. So now lets get Clowney back in the mix and watch them wreak havoc with our much improved rush defense.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Appyhawk":vzo7z4zp said:
Count me in as being very pleased that we got Irvin back. I believe the guy can still be what we all liked about him, and more. I also think lots are undervalueing Mayowa's ability, so the pair is IMO a shrewd move by the FO...just like procuring Clowney was. So now lets get Clowney back in the mix and watch them wreak havoc with our much improved rush defense.

IMHO I just don't think they are going to get Clowney back. I believe they will go after Griffen instead.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
nrayorr":92dv992h said:
Appyhawk":92dv992h said:

IMHO I just don't think they are going to get Clowney back. I believe they will go after Griffen instead.

I'm afraid you're right pard. I'll agree Griff and our other parts look to me like a significant improvement over where we were last year. But I would feel even better if Clowney was on board with us. I believe seeing what he did by himself last year was just a token of what he could do with help from other threats.
But there's the $ thing...