Never give Erin the ball... Punting was so dumb

Rat

Reaction score
Nah, we hurt ourselves too badly with that third down sack. Three timeouts and the warning; punting was the right decision, defense just didn't make the stops.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Defense couldn’t stop on 2 third and long, and that’s the ball game.
If we could have scored at least 1td in the first half......

quadsas

Reaction score
punting was easily the worst option there. trying to kick a field goal is probably better

Optimus25

Reaction score
Even in retrospect it seems like the right call tho.

Not stopping two third and longs was the real killer.

That was just terrible defense on Adams. I can't even type that sentence without nearly vomiting.

Rat

Reaction score
quadsas":bwde4ss8 said:
punting was easily the worst option there. trying to kick a field goal is probably better

Myers can't be trusted to make a kick half as long as that would have been. What a waste of a signing that was.

cymatica

Reaction score
Go for it. It's the playoffs and you trust a sketchy defense against Rodgers and the refs on the road? Put the ball in your best highest paid players hands. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Pete decided to drop the sword and use a paper shield

Rat

Reaction score
Optimus25":p7mre04w said:
That was just terrible defense on Adams. I can't even type that sentence without nearly vomiting.

What? Guarding their best offensive passing weapon (by far) on a key passing down with a mid-round rookie, with help over the top from our worst player? Who could have seen that failing?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
cymatica":3vdbmr3x said:
Go for it. It's the playoffs and you trust a sketchy defense against Rodgers and the refs on the road? Put the ball in your best highest paid players hands. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Pete decided to drop the sword and use a paper shield

I see both sides of it. Had Russ not taken the sack and it was 4th and 5 I think its a no brainer.

You expect your defense to be able to get off the field on 3rd and 10 in a run out the clock situation. Many teams even run the ball there just to milk the clock.

Rodgers and the Pack played aggressively and it worked out. Had it not, we would have gotten the ball back with time to do something magical.

Tip your cap to Rodgers for the first one and the refs on the 2nd one. It happens.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was the right move, however, the D couldn't stop 3rd down conversions. The L is on the D.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I don't get the joke and probably need some self awareness about posting on another teams board after they get knocked out of the playoffs

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Whatever Ace, to me he's a freaking whiner and Erin fits better. Not JMO.

The Digits will eat his lunch next week, Erin will be injured at the end, boo hoo!

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
I know many disagree, but with the game on the line, you have to let your best player try and make a play, not punt it and leave it up to your 27th ranked defense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
4th and 11 is a tough nut to crack and not making it ends the game rather quickly.

Hendo66

Reaction score
3rd and 5 play was the back breaker.
Why a long developing play ending in a sack? Brutal

cymatica

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":ovcfh30o said:
I know many disagree, but with the game on the line, you have to let your best player try and make a play, not punt it and leave it up to your 27th ranked defense.

This

Threedee

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1a4a0zl4 said:
Rat":1a4a0zl4 said:
Nah, we hurt ourselves too badly with that third down sack. Three timeouts and the warning; punting was the right decision, defense just didn't make the stops.

That's exactly why you go for it on fourth down with 3 minutes to go.
If you have to go for it on 4th & long, you've already made your mistake(s) somewhere else.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hendo66":339z5jk6 said:
3rd and 5 play was the back breaker.
Why a long developing play ending in a sack? Brutal
This. I have to admit that I have come to expect sacks on third down.