Radio report: ML ran out w/o helmet thus delay

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Donte Whitner is on KNBR saying Marshawn ran out WITHOUT HIS HELMET.

Is this true?

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't see that myself. I should think there would be video if it really happened.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'll never be angry at Lynch, but would it really surprise anyone if this happened? He wasn't exactly ready to go at any second that last series? But that's the lack of detail that really hurts this team at times. You would think Lynch would be given the heads up to be ready to go if a short yardage or goal line situation came up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think the whole moment was chaotic, only by the nature of it.

It really looked like the Hawks sideline didnt know the clock was ticking, as if they were expecting a review or something.

It sucked.. basically 2-3 inches from winning the game, twice.

Treghc

Reaction score
Can anyone verify for me how much time they were given? I could've sworn they were only given 25 seconds when it should've been 40. I can't find any way to replay the game to cehck though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Treghc":pq05cgvo said:
Can anyone verify for me how much time they were given? I could've sworn they were only given 25 seconds when it should've been 40. I can't find any way to replay the game to cehck though.

They got the whole 40 after the spike.

Brock talked about it this morning, said after the spike there was a lot of chaos and indecision on the sidelines getting the right position group on the field.

He said normal protocol is it's up to the position coaches to have all their groups ready for when Schotty and Pete decide the play, and that looked like where the breakdown happened.

Took too long for Pete and Schotty to decide, and then when they did there was a lot of scrambling around for which players were suppose to go out.

Just a complete comedy of poor clock management. Can't happen, but it has with Pete over and over. Like I said in another thread, whatever his process is, it needs to be scrapped.

D

DomeHawk

First I heard of this, sounds like revisionist history to me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":13bbkvjm said:

You think the coaching staff want to put the blame on Marshawn Lynch?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hdjdgp5 said:
Treghc":1hdjdgp5 said:

They got the whole 40 after the spike.

Brock talked about it this morning, said after the spike there was a lot of chaos and indecision on the sidelines getting the right position group on the field.

He said normal protocol is it's up to the position coaches to have all their groups ready for when Schotty and Pete decide the play, and that looked like where the breakdown happened.

Took too long for Pete and Schotty to decide, and then when they did there was a lot of scrambling around for which players were suppose to go out.

Just a complete comedy of poor clock management. Can't happen, but it has with Pete over and over. Like I said in another thread, whatever his process is, it needs to be scrapped.

Im totally with that its on the position coach. Thats literally their one responsibility when their unit iO/D s on the field. As far as PC and Shotty taking time to decide and that adding to it, what was there to decide? Thats where I get lost. Ultimately Pete is responsible but in Week 17 the RBs coach should have that in order.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":36wgf7ej said:
DomeHawk":36wgf7ej said:

You think the coaching staff want to put the blame on Marshawn Lynch?

Not a big one for conspiracy theories but it sure makes you wonder.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It was an epic failure by the coaching line staff period.
No amount of spin is going to change that fact.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":2xjspvtb said:
It was an epic failure by the coaching line staff period.
No amount of spin is going to change that fact.

Can't disagree, just makes you wonder why they, (whoever they are), are trying to characterize as anything else after the fact.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
That’s Pete face when he realized he fked up. Every time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Not to be inhospitable or anything, but GO $KREW YOURSELF....Refs gave y'all that game on the second to the last play AND YOU KNOW IT !!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":21uy8jhr said:
The 49ers announcer Tim Ryan said he saw it at the game.
He probably just didn’t see it because he thought his hair was the same color.

John63

Reaction score
Aw Mang":1jvpkxrw said:
That’s Pete face when he realized he fked up. Every time.

saw alot of that this year almost every game

Aw Mang

Reaction score
scutterhawk":38dae9oz said:
Not to be inhospitable or anything, but GO $KREW YOURSELF....Refs gave y'all that game on the second to the last play AND YOU KNOW IT !!
Same to you.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I might believe this if Carroll didn't consistently get plays in at the last moment on a regular basis.