Radio report: ML ran out w/o helmet thus delay

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I didn't see this or any replays of it. But maybe if the radio and TV announcers are saying it than it's possible that happened. Perhaps they saw that.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's what I saw from my seat. He ran out onto the field without his helmet and the equipment guy was running after him with it. As long as it took to get the personnel group in, not sure it would have mattered, though. I think the flag was being thrown right as he turned around to grab it.

I think the big failure was the position coaches didn't have all of their groups on the sideline ready to go at a moments notice.

Frankly, the smartest thing would have been for Russell to run up to the line and quick snap a QB sneak rather than clocking it. It's just bizarre to me how this play isn't even in their playbook.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Lynch was standing on the sideline with a winter hat on and did not have his helmet, "If you stay ready you don't have to get ready" ML, that is the cause of the delay of game. :irishdrinkers:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Beast wasnt in the game plan for that play. Pete put him in because 70,000 strong screamed for Lynch.

Like this:

BEEEEEEAST!!!!

Marshawn was out of the game, already tapped out, and was on the jumbotron for 2 mins, and curled his fingers up and pointed at the camera to signify his love for the fans in Seattle. The noise he generated for that action was massive. The energy was ELECTRIC when he did that.

Then we had 1st and goal, and the fans wanted their legend to take the field, when he walked out on the field with his helmet in his hand the crowd went bat-shit crazy. I know this happened - because I was there. Why they couldn't get the play off is beside me, but man -- if he had gotten the ball and punched it in...

CenturyLink would have exploded and killed everyone in it!

If there is one thing I loved about that game, as much (wrong) crap people here give to the 12th man these days, that place was lit -- and the price of entry was 4 times regular season action. Thankfully I have season tickets so it was just another game from that perspective -- but the idea that the "real 12's" have been priced out was proved wrong.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The most striking thing for me was that no one on the field -- NO ONE -- seemed at all concerned that the play clock was ticking down when it got under 10 seconds. It felt like everyone forgot that it wasn't a time out.