Seahawks & Chicken Wings

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
The Seahawks are 5-0 when I make salt & pepper chicken wings for kickoff & 0-1 when I do not & yes, I made chicken wings for breakfast this morning as well as for the Pittsburgh game so don't judge me. This mornings version were especially delicious btw as I went back to my old standby & seasoned them with granulated garlic powder, seasoned salt & Montreal Steak Spice.

I'll be in Seattle for next weeks game against Baltimore & NEED a place to get good salt & pepper wings at or near the stadium to keep the streak alive. Not aware of them being available at the stadium so suggestions are appreciated.

This thread should be considered "serious business" & any trolling of the OP will be dealt with harshly.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
HawkerD":3s2ifut3 said:
sounds delich. Post the recipe please

Since this is a "serious thread" & the consequences of trolling have been explicitly documented i will treat this as a legit question.

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet to prevent sticking while cooking.
3. Spread split chicken wings evenly in single layer on parchment. Do not pat dry as you'll need a little moisture for the spices to stick. You could even moisten the wings if needed by first putting them in a large ziploc bag with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil & shaking it up until they are lightly coated with oil but don't use too much as they won't crisp up as nice.
4. Evenly sprinkle granulated garlic powder, seasoned salt & Montreal Steak Spice on both sides to taste. I find the granulated garlic powder spreads more evenly than the powdery stuff, if that makes sense, & the Montreal Steak Spice is a Canadian thing I think but there is an American equivalent but not sure what you call it. There is also a Montreal Chicken Spice but I prefer the steak version because it's more peppery IMO.
5. Bake approx 10 minutes each side @ 375 or until a nice crispy brown.
6. Put a generous amount of Ranch salad dressing in a bowl for dipping.
7. Enjoy chicken wings & a Seahawks victory.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Maulbert":13pl5jbq said:
THE SAINTS LOSS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

*throws table*

*primal scream*

YOU ARE NOW MY MORTAL ENEMY!!!! I WILL DEDICATE MY LIFE TO YOUR DOWNFALL!!!!

I know. I had a family function to go to & feel I let the team down.

I had another family function today but made sure to make my wings for kickoff & watched the first quarter on the big screen before leaving & catching the final 10 minutes when we got there. I had to follow the game on the Seahawk's app in the car.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hope you recorded the game, just delete the 1st half a the D sucked big time.

Will try that recipe and report back.

Chawker

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":373ebxw6 said:
Maulbert":373ebxw6 said:
THE SAINTS LOSS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

*throws table*

*primal scream*

YOU ARE NOW MY MORTAL ENEMY!!!! I WILL DEDICATE MY LIFE TO YOUR DOWNFALL!!!!

I know. I had a family function to go to & feel I let the team down.

I had another family function today but made sure to make my wings for kickoff & watched the first quarter on the big screen before leaving & catching the final 10 minutes when we got there. I had to follow the game on the Seahawk's app in the car.

We could of been 6-0! And you expect us to buy your lame excuse. Dude, you'd better think of yourself as Adolf Hitler and those chicken wings are jews.

Now don't let us down again. Love me some chicken wings. :229031_cheers:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2htlnoun said:
HawkerD":2htlnoun said:

S the Montreal Steak Spice is a Canadian thing I think but there is an American equivalent but not sure what you call it. .

We call it Montreal Steak Seasoning. :D

Also, if you toss the wings with a little corn starch, it adds a nice crispness to the wings, if you like that sort of thing.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Can you get a hotel room with a kitchenette, like an Extended Stay place or something? Then you could make your own wings and ensure another victory.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
McCormick makes Montreal seasonings. I have the chix seasoning. If you like more peppery, Grind some pepper over the top of it. I usually use the cap as a holder for the pepper/salt/spice and then sprinkle it over the food. I found some jalapeno salt too on sale. It is kinda interesting.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
DynoHawk":2oyrs5js said:
http://www.harborcityrestaurant.com/#menu

Not sure of the quality of the product, but did a quick yelp search and these guys are close to the stadium

This might have to do if I can't find something closer or right in the stadium.

Thx.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":28ga39m1 said:
HawkerD":28ga39m1 said:

Since this is a "serious thread" & the consequences of trolling have been explicitly documented i will treat this as a legit question.

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet to prevent sticking while cooking.
3. Spread split chicken wings evenly in single layer on parchment. Do not pat dry as you'll need a little moisture for the spices to stick. You could even moisten the wings if needed by first putting them in a large ziploc bag with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil & shaking it up until they are lightly coated with oil but don't use too much as they won't crisp up as nice.
4. Evenly sprinkle granulated garlic powder, seasoned salt & Montreal Steak Spice on both sides to taste. I find the granulated garlic powder spreads more evenly than the powdery stuff, if that makes sense, & the Montreal Steak Spice is a Canadian thing I think but there is an American equivalent but not sure what you call it. There is also a Montreal Chicken Spice but I prefer the steak version because it's more peppery IMO.
5. Bake approx 10 minutes each side @ 375 or until a nice crispy brown.
6. Put a generous amount of Ranch salad dressing in a bowl for dipping.
7. Enjoy chicken wings & a Seahawks victory.

bought the wings yesterday. Ready for Sunday! Thanks man.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
You guys will never believe what I didn't do for Sunday's game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone tried those chicken wings with "ghost pepper" seasoning?

I've seen them around. Sounds like a painful experience. But would try if it increased odds for Hawks.

Chapow

Reaction score
I've never understood the appeal of intentionally blowing out your palate to the point of making you physically ill. The whole ghost pepper fad thing just seems dumb as hell to me.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Great news everybody, chicken wings were on sale & I now have enough to get me through week 10.

8-2 here we come.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Those must be some small wings if they get cooked & crispy for only 10 minutes on each side at 375; or do you completely thaw them ahead of time?

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hkmknlj said:
Those must be some small wings if they get cooked & crispy for only 10 minutes on each side at 375; or do you completely thaw them ahead of time?

Is this a serious question? Who the hell would cook frozen chicken wings? This isn't amateur hour over here.

I'll also add that I live in Northern Canada & because it's further from the equator the rotational forces are less making chicken wings cook faster.

It just proven science people.

To everybody who's PM'd me, yes the chicken wings are in the oven as I type this. They will be served at kickoff so you can stop worrying.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
The breakfast wings were delicious.
6-0 with, 0-2 without.
You're welcome.